• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to get a lot of supplies

Kevin Wibisono

Hi. I am pretty new to this game. I've been playing for 2 weeks now, and still cannot get a lot of supplies. Coins are easy for me but again, the problems are supplies. I have to stay online to get supplies every 15 minutes. If I pick 8 hours, the supplies given is not worth the time. I've constructed a Great Building, but it still don't give the amount of supplies I need. So please tell me some tips on how to get supplies fast, or else it will take too much time to grind.

RazorbackPirate

This game is a grind. It is meant to be played over a course of years.

As far as supplies are concerned, the biggest boost you will get is to ensure all of your supply buildings are motivated. Unfortunately, production buildings are at the bottom of the list, so that means everything else needs to be motivated first. A city with tons of decorations, will take all your Aid, as both decos and culture buildings will take a motivation every 12 hours. Get rid of all your decorations, and have just enough culture to keep your population enthused.

Make sure you don't have excess population. Early in the game, you should strive to keep your excess population less than the amount a single residential building holds. You also want to make sure that all of your buildings are of your current age. Use whatever residential gives you the highest population per square, and whatever production building gives you the highest supplies per square. Same with Cultural buildings, the highest happy per square and just enough to keep your peeps enthused. This will free up the maximum amount of space for production buildings.

It may seem counter intuitive, but set all of your production buildings to 24 hours. Again, the goal is for them to be motivated every time you collect. Motivated buildings produce double, happy people produce 20% more on top of that. If you've got the Tavern Silver for it, you can also buy a Tavern Supply Boost. Keep in mind that the boost needs to be active when you collect your buildings. It doesn't matter if you had one when you started them, only that you have one active when you collect. A 24 hour boost will give you another 60%, on top of the motivated, happy amount.

To get the Aid you need, you'll also need to work on your friends list. Early in the game, you're matched with other new players and new players drop like flies. You want to dump any players who aren't aiding you daily and replace them with new players who will aid. Although you can only invite 80 players to your friends list, you can have up to 140 friends. This means after you're out of invites, you can still accept friend requests from others.

If you're not already, you need to Aid and visit the Taverns of all your friends and guild mates daily. The only way to get aid and Tavern Silver is from others aiding and visiting you, so Aid and visit others so they'll Aid and visit you. Also work on improving your tavern, all aspects of it, especially the Table Cloth. If you give me a chance to find a Forge Point when I visit, I'll visit every day. If you don't give me a chance to find a FP daily, not only I will not visit, I'll dump you from my friends list.

If you don't plunder, aid your neighbors also, if you plunder, you might consider plundering some supplies, but plundering goods will save you the supplies you'd otherwise spend to produce them.

Bottom line though, FoE is a game of patience designed to be played over years. If you're looking for a fast paced game that you can 'finish' in a few months, FoE is not that game. I've linked a guide that's perfect for beginners, it will both help you start strong, but also reveal some of the complexities of the game. Welcome, good luck, and Happy Forging.

ffblackice

During the Archaeology event got lots of supply boost, you might consider to use boost to get more supplies.

Mustapha00

Early on, in this game as in most all others, there is a struggle to meet basic needs, of which supplies is one.

RP makes some really good suggestions. Given a bit of time, following a few of them or more will solve your problem, though you should bear in mind that it is pretty much always easier to produce Coins than it is Supplies. But the day will come when you have so much of both that you won;t know what to do with the bounty. Hang in there.

As far as supplies are concerned, the biggest boost you will get is to ensure all of your supply buildings are motivated. Unfortunately, production buildings are at the bottom of the list, so that means everything else needs to be motivated first. A city with tons of decorations, will take all your Aid, as both decos and culture buildings will take a motivation every 12 hours. Get rid of all your decorations, and have just enough culture to keep your population enthused.

Make sure you don't have excess population. Early in the game, you should strive to keep your excess population less than the amount a single residential building holds. You also want to make sure that all of your buildings are of your current age. Use whatever residential gives you the highest population per square, and whatever production building gives you the highest supplies per square. Same with Cultural buildings, the highest happy per square and just enough to keep your peeps enthused. This will free up the maximum amount of space for production buildings.

It may seem counter intuitive, but set all of your production buildings to 24 hours. Again, the goal is for them to be motivated every time you collect. Motivated buildings produce double, happy people produce 20% more on top of that. If you've got the Tavern Silver for it, you can also buy a Tavern Supply Boost. Keep in mind that the boost needs to be active when you collect your buildings. It doesn't matter if you had one when you started them, only that you have one active when you collect. A 24 hour boost will give you another 60%, on top of the motivated, happy amount.

To get the Aid you need, you'll also need to work on your friends list. Early in the game, you're matched with other new players and new players drop like flies. You want to dump any players who aren't aiding you daily and replace them with new players who will aid. Although you can only invite 80 players to your friends list, you can have up to 140 friends. This means after you're out of invites, you can still accept friend requests from others.

If you're not already, you need to Aid and visit the Taverns of all your friends and guild mates daily. The only way to get aid and Tavern Silver is from others aiding and visiting you, so Aid and visit others so they'll Aid and visit you. Also work on improving your tavern, all aspects of it, especially the Table Cloth. If you give me a chance to find a Forge Point when I visit, I'll visit every day. If you don't give me a chance to find a FP daily, not only I will not visit, I'll dump you from my friends list.

If you don't plunder, aid your neighbors also, if you plunder, you might consider plundering some supplies, but plundering goods will save you the supplies you'd otherwise spend to produce them.

Bottom line though, FoE is a game of patience designed to be played over years. If you're looking for a fast paced game that you can 'finish' in a few months, FoE is not that game. I've linked a guide that's perfect for beginners, it will both help you start strong, but also reveal some of the complexities of the game. Welcome, good luck, and Happy Forging.

Good information. Thanks.

DevaCat

Kevin what Age are you in? We can tell you which buildings it is best for you to have if we know that. And take RPs advice.
Hey @Kevin Wibisono, welcome to the forums! Like She said, let us know what age you are in, and if you tell us what world you are in someone might be able to take a look and zero in with more specific advice.

Do check out the link RP put out -- Glarg's guide is a great way to get started. Good luck!

Kevin Wibisono

Kevin what Age are you in? We can tell you which buildings it is best for you to have if we know that. And take RPs advice.
Hey @Kevin Wibisono, welcome to the forums! Like She said, let us know what age you are in, and if you tell us what world you are in someone might be able to take a look and zero in with more specific advice.

Do check out the link RP put out -- Glarg's guide is a great way to get started. Good luck!

Im at Bronze but will proceed to iron in 1 day. I have 8 chalets and 1 long house. Should I stay with these or upgrade into roof tile houses? Thanks :)

Kevin Wibisono

Thanks this helped me a lot

The Lady Redneck

OK Kevin, First thing I will say is when you get to Iron age Do the techs up to the Military Tactic Tech. Do NOT do that one. You cannot be attacked and have your goods plundered until you have completed that tech. So it is a good place to sit and build your city until it is stronger and you have the GBs you need and a good supply of coin, supplies and goods for both bronze and Iron Age. You will still be able to do GE to get experience in fighting. You will also probably find that you get a lot of Blueprints for the Colosseum GB. But do not build it. it is obsolete. You also need to work on your friends list as RB says. You want to get it up to around 80 with at least half of it made up of players from higher Ages. You need to aid, your hood, guild, and friends list every day you play the game as this helps you get coin, and helps towards getting Blue Prints (BP) for Great Buildings (GB)

You also need to find a good guild that will help you. What world are you in? If we know that someone here will be able to help you find one. It is all to easy to get into a dead end guild when you first start and that will hold you back.

RazorbackPirate

Thanks this helped me a lot
You're welcome.

I did also forget one major item. As soon as you can, build the Lighthouse of Alexandria (LoA). This will boost your first 40 supply collections ans give you goods. The higher the level, the more you'll get of each. The key to using it is to collect LoA, then collect your supply buildings. Since LoA collects once every 24 hours, this is another reason why setting production buildings to 24 hour collection makes sence.

Kevin Wibisono

OK Kevin, First thing I will say is when you get to Iron age Do the techs up to the Military Tactic Tech. Do NOT do that one. You cannot be attacked and have your goods plundered until you have completed that tech. So it is a good place to sit and build your city until it is stronger and you have the GBs you need and a good supply of coin, supplies and goods for both bronze and Iron Age. You will still be able to do GE to get experience in fighting. You will also probably find that you get a lot of Blueprints for the Colosseum GB. But do not build it. it is obsolete. You also need to work on your friends list as RB says. You want to get it up to around 80 with at least half of it made up of players from higher Ages. You need to aid, your hood, guild, and friends list every day you play the game as this helps you get coin, and helps towards getting Blue Prints (BP) for Great Buildings (GB)

You also need to find a good guild that will help you. What world are you in? If we know that someone here will be able to help you find one. It is all to easy to get into a dead end guild when you first start and that will hold you back.
You're welcome.

I did also forget one major item. As soon as you can, build the Lighthouse of Alexandria (LoA). This will boost your first 40 supply collections ans give you goods. The higher the level, the more you'll get of each. The key to using it is to collect LoA, then collect your supply buildings. Since LoA collects once every 24 hours, this is another reason why setting production buildings to 24 hour collection makes sence.
Will do Im at parkog.

Just An Observer

From the wiki: The Supply Boost is a feature of some buildings and items to increase all supply collections from the city by certain percent. Supply boosts can also be activated from the Friends Tavern by paying for it with Tavern Silver.

Does this mean that activating a Supply Boost will increase the supply amount coming from a Himeji? So far I have found the LoA to not do a thing for the Himeji so thus the question about the Tavern boost.

Nicholas002

Does this mean that activating a Supply Boost will increase the supply amount coming from a Himeji? So far I have found the LoA to not do a thing for the Himeji so thus the question about the Tavern boost.
No. Tavern boosts do not apply to GB production.
In fact I'm pretty sure no boosts at all apply to GB productions.

Super Catanian

I feel like you should make a prop idea to make one of the provinces, or the next world called Catan :)
Wrong game, but nice guess (I was referencing Yu-Gi-Oh!). Anyways, Catan is more connected to Nordic culture, so the only chance we'll ever get to see it is with the Vikings CS. Plus, trademark issues and yadda yadda.