• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How to get higher attack boost fast?

mineseA

Best buildings for it, how to get them fast, and how not to feel like a failure. Thank you very much please.

Ebeondi Asi

There is very little 'fast' in Forge of Empires unless you spend a lot of money.
Spending buckets of Diamonds can speed the game up some. Be it still takes some work. And still takes a long long time.
The normal way to start getting attack boost is to build Statue of Zeus. Level to 10. Then build Cathedral of Aachonl evel to ten. and finally build Castle Del Monte and level that to ten.
Work the Events carefully, and win the prizes that offer attack boost.
To not feel like a failure? stop worrying.Foe is an extremely long game. If yo ahve been playing for a year,.. taht is just teh first step.. You need years of play to become good at it.(the plyers who rocket uphad already played in another World. know all teh things to do, and probably are spending money too.

Last edited:

Goth Almighty

Sorry to disappoint but this is one aspect of the game where patience is of the essence. Your goal should be to get to a 500%, or above, attack boost and your attacking army should maintain at least a 100% defense boost. However, you needn't worry about your defending army's attack or defense boost at all bc, IMO, if you maintain reasonable relations with your neighbors (by not plundering), you won't have need for them at all.

So, to get to a permanent 500% attack boost, the first 3 GBs you'll want are the Statue of Zeus, the Castel de Monte and the Cathedral of Aachen. Get as high as you can with those GBs but the first 10 levels provide the biggest bang for the buck. The next thing to go for is the Yggdrasil and Sun Temple, which are offered for completing the Vikings and Aztec settlements, respectively. Each will provide a 30% attack boost. Then you should concentrate, as has been mentioned, on the special bldgs offered during events. (I don't even bother wasting time on events that don't offer bldgs with attack or defense boosts). Note that activity in your castle system can get you a 20% boost. Lastly, your Antiques Dealer will offer selection kits or fragments of special bldgs from events you might have missed. So trade, trade, trade, farmer. NB: the Gate of the Sun God and Face of the Ancient are 2x2 bldgs and each offers a 3% or 4% boost but that can add up the more of them you have. The same goes for the Sentinel Outpost, which offers a 2% (level 1) or 4% (level 2) defense boost for the attacking army but takes up only a single square (1x1). And I just noticed that activity in your tavern can earn you a 5% temporary boost for 3 or 4 hours, apparently. (Only one of my cities has earned it. I'm afraid I don't know what constitutes enough "activity").

Sharmon the Impaler

Sorry to disappoint but this is one aspect of the game where patience is of the essence. Your goal should be to get to a 500%, or above, attack boost and your attacking army should maintain at least a 100% defense boost. However, you needn't worry about your defending army's attack or defense boost at all bc, IMO, if you maintain reasonable relations with your neighbors (by not plundering), you won't have need for them at all.

So, to get to a permanent 500% attack boost, the first 3 GBs you'll want are the Statue of Zeus, the Castel de Monte and the Cathedral of Aachen. Get as high as you can with those GBs but the first 10 levels provide the biggest bang for the buck. The next thing to go for is the Yggdrasil and Sun Temple, which are offered for completing the Vikings and Aztec settlements, respectively. Each will provide a 30% attack boost. Then you should concentrate, as has been mentioned, on the special bldgs offered during events. (I don't even bother wasting time on events that don't offer bldgs with attack or defense boosts). Note that activity in your castle system can get you a 20% boost. Lastly, your Antiques Dealer will offer selection kits or fragments of special bldgs from events you might have missed. So trade, trade, trade, farmer. NB: the Gate of the Sun God and Face of the Ancient are 2x2 bldgs and each offers a 3% or 4% boost but that can add up the more of them you have. The same goes for the Sentinel Outpost, which offers a 2% (level 1) or 4% (level 2) defense boost for the attacking army but takes up only a single square (1x1). And I just noticed that activity in your tavern can earn you a 5% temporary boost for 3 or 4 hours, apparently. (Only one of my cities has earned it. I'm afraid I don't know what constitutes enough "activity").
Agree but Tree is 30% Attack and Temple is 30% Defense for Attack.

xivarmy

The 5% tavern boost is constantly available. If it expires you just go back into the tavern and can get it again (need to watch an ad on mobile; but pc it just activates).

mineseA

"Get them fast"? That question is a symptom of a pervasive virus that has attacked the entire world.
I don't mean fast as in a couple weeks, I mean fast as in the course of a year. If you have seen xivarmy's post in another thread you will have seen he has gotten around 2000% ATK/DEF in a year. I've been playing for two and have barely 10% of that.

xivarmy

I don't mean fast as in a couple weeks, I mean fast as in the course of a year. If you have seen xivarmy's post in another thread you will have seen he has gotten around 2000% ATK/DEF in a year. I've been playing for two and have barely 10% of that.

Finish events. You can usually get a multi-level building for free every event, usually with some boost + some extra from specials. Some events you can pick up as much as 100% boost from for free with the right plan.

Johnny B. Goode

I have two cities in Iron Age that have 140% and 170% attack boosts and one in HMA that has 207% attack boost. All are less than 6 months old. And what did I do that you apparently haven't? Followed my own advice. Raise the levels of my attack GBs and go after event buildings that have attack boost. Stage of Ages is a great one. Winners Plaza (level 2) is another. Checkmate Square, Botanical Rotunda, Carousel. Many of them will sometimes show up in the AD. They are all usually among the daily prizes in events.

Xenosaur

Sorry, what is Tree?
@Goth Almighty - The very first settlements, Vikings, gives a "tree" called Yggdrasil - it's a powerhouse attack 30% fully completed, in a 3x3 footprint.

As well, you can get 50% ATTACK boost on demand, anytime you want it. That's pretty "instant".

1) 20% attack potion in your inventory
2) 30% Tavern boost for Tavern silver

add a free 5% more from the Tavern (as xiv said..) if you want to watch a video advertisement for that privilege.

Last edited:

Dursland

Haven't seen anyone mention Terracotta Army GB. That's another good one for getting your attack up.

But yep there is no 'quick' unless you spend diamonds.

Emberguard

Just as a general advice, Chain Link attachments (and any single level attack giving buildings) are probably the fastest method. They also take up the most space, but early on space really isn't a issue. You'll spend forever filling it up if you go for multi-level buildings anyway, so you might as well place as many chain-links / Lvl 1 buildings as you can, and then switch over to replacing them with more efficient multi-level buildings

Sharmon the Impaler

The place and replace with better works to get at least something helping you on the ground until something better comes along. I am currently replacing my bakeries with WP2s which is a long process but will result in a 165 point attack increase once completed.

Goth Almighty

The Daunting Tower is a 1x1 building being offered in the current Halloween event. It's what they call a "Limited Building". What that means is that, for 24 hours after it's built, it will offer a 50% attack boost for the attacking army. The thing is that (and why it's called a limited building) after 24 hours, the boost goes completely away---permanently. It even has a digital clock that counts down the 24 hours as the boost "decays", lol. The boost cannot be reactivated ever and the bldg can't be stored either. However, it will give 250 happiness, once it's inactive.

Cyrus the Adequate

Haven't seen anyone mention Terracotta Army GB. That's another good one for getting your attack up.
TA is cost-effective for the first ten levels, but above that it's a really expensive way to boost your attack.

For winning battles, the Arctic Orangery is also very helpful. It doesn't raise the attack boost directly, but it effectively boosts it by adding 50% to a given hit. It also gives FP at one per level, so the combination is really strong, IMO.

Sentinel Outposts are very space efficient. A level 2 gives you 4% AD in a single space, which is about as good as it gets, and there always seem to be single open spots where you can drop them in as filler. They can be hard to come by, though, as are the upgrades.