• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to Join a Guild on Mobile Devices

Czari

A member of my guild asked how to join a guild in another world on his iPad. The only post I found here was from 2014. I've asked people in my guilds who use mobile how to join and was told only "crap guilds" are shown and one can't join the same was as on a PC. Sooo...is there any way to join a guild of one's choice on a mobile device? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

DeletedUser26965

I've only ever used browser for joining guilds simply because it's more efficient and better because you go through the Global Ranking of guilds click on them to see their guild description which often gives you a good idea of the kind of guild they are and you can join/apply from there as well or message if needed. I feel bad for mobile only players looking for guilds and now apparently we can't even suggest changing mobile to match PC so I guess this proposal Finding Guilds can be tossed in the proposal garbage heap:rolleyes:

I suppose if you know a player from a guld you want to join you can have that guild send an invite.

Czari

I've only ever used browser for joining guilds simply because it's more efficient and better because you go through the Global Ranking of guilds click on them to see their guild description which often gives you a good idea of the kind of guild they are and you can join/apply from there as well or message if needed. I feel bad for mobile only players looking for guilds and now apparently we can't even suggest changing mobile to match PC so I guess this proposal Finding Guilds can be tossed in the proposal garbage heap:rolleyes:

I suppose if you know a player from a guld you want to join you can have that guild send an invite.

Thanks, sloppyjoe - same here re: only using browser; in fact I don't use mobile at all for FoE as I already had a gaming desktop I'd configured for another online venue that needs a very fast processor and especially a high-end graphics card. When I had to replace my monitor I used my Kindle Fire to access FoE and was grateful for that but GAH!!! it was a pain and the screen is so tiny - even smaller for phone users. I have to hand it to people who can put up with playing FoE on a mobile full-time.

That said - my guild mate has posted repeatedly over the past month asking if any leaders are available to invite him for the same guild in another world. There's only one person I know for sure who is in that world because she plays all worlds but gives her very little time for personal responses. I felt badly for him and was trying to help out but sounds like there's not a good way to join a guild via mobile. I realllly wish Inno would think some of this through - a lot of issues that transpired in another one of my guilds where I was a leader occurred the first six months after Inno released a mobile version.

DeletedUser31592

There have been threads, but it doesn't change that joining from mobile is basically awful.

How to join a specific guild?

Joining guilds on mobile is truly awful.
If you know someone in your desired guild, message them and request an invitation. Then it will show up on the same page you can join a random guild from.
Don't know anyone? Two choices- log onto a computer (quick and easy way) or wait until it shows up.

Czari

Thanks, JCera...now I know what to tell the next person who asks. Use a PC to find a guild. :cool:

DeletedUser31592

Thanks, JCera...now I know what to tell the next person who asks. Use a PC to find a guild. :cool:
If trying to find a guild truly without one already in mind, then unfortunately, that is the only method other than coming to the forums and looking through the world subforum to see if anyone is recruiting or asking for recommendations. If you already know the guild, you send a message to someone in the guild.