• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to know who is NOT aiding you daily

DeletedUser35603

I wrote this for either those who are just starting the game or are not familiar with how the Townhall can help you with aids.

There are two types of aid.
1. Motivation.
It doubles the production of a supplies or residential structure. It lasts for one collection only.
2. Polish.
It doubles the happiness of a cultural building or decoration. It lasts for 12 hours. You can motivate or polish another player's structure once every 24 hours.

What we want to do is see how many times a week that our friends, fellow guildies and neighbors aid us. The guild profile requires we all aid daily. If you find a fellow guildie not aiding you everyday, that is reason to report it to our leaders who can then address it to the player(s) in question. If it is a friend who is not aiding you daily, you have several options: send them a message reminding them how important it is to aid, or monitor repeated lack of concern or better yet, get rid of them and seek out people who will be more productive in aiding you. For neighbors, you can't get rid of them, but, you can use their aid or lack of aid to your advantage. If they aid you, then don't plunder them. If they do aid you, then aid them back.

So how do you find out for certain how many times a week a person is aiding you?

1. We are assuming here that more than 24 hrs has passed since you last aided everyone. Let us see if our fellow guildies have all aided you at least once in the past 7 days.
2. Open your Townhall. Click News. Click Event History. Where it says All Players, pull down and click Guild. In the All Events, pull down and click Social Interactions. Since it has been more than 24 hrs since you last aided everyone in the guild, each person should have an orange Aid.
3. It is important to note: THIS IS NOT A RECORD OF YOUR AID TO THEM. It is a record of everyone in the guild who has aided you everyday for the last 7 days.
4. As you scroll from page to page, you will see who aided you today. Then it will go back to yesterday. Then it will go back the 3rd day, 4th day, 5th day, 6th day and end up showing you who aided you 7 days ago.
5. At this point, go back to page one and proceed to aid every guildie. After you have done so, leave the townhall (you can come back later to repeat this process for your friends and hoodies. More on that later.
6. Go to the status bar where you see all the avatar pictures. Since YOU aided every guildie, there should appear a 24 hrs message in place of their orange aid. If someone has NOT aided you in the last 7 days (one week) then they will have an orange aid under their avatar.
7. At this point, you now know who is not aiding you and you can send them a reminder to aid you more often and if they continue to not aid you, report them to our leaders.
8. Remember, in your townhall, you had a record of everyone who aided you the last 7 days cause its a record of THEM aiding YOU daily. Do your aiding from within the townhall on a daily basis, then you know who aids you and who does not. You can repeat this process by pulling down your friends, your hoodies and again selecting Social Interactions. Let everyone in the turn an orange aid BEFORE you start to aid them, then you start fresh.

dergerch

That's how I do it. Very simple and effective.
There's a small error, though:
3. [...] It is a record of everyone in the guild who has aided you everyday for the last 7 days.
It is a record of anyone that aided at lest once at some point within the last 7 days (or however long the log is, seems more like 6 days for me at the moment.)

DeletedUser40061

the townhall is an valuable piece of information for all events that occured after the last logout. i check it every 20-30 minutes. but keeping tabs on friends, guild members is a daunting task and i have no time to check each one. maybe a few are delinquint in their aiding duties, but i never really notice. no real worries

Kranyar the Mysterious

Good guide, but I see a few things that I think need correcting.

As you scroll from page to page
This may seem to be a minor point, but most players are on mobile, and these instructions are for PC, which at times differ. You may want to add both sets of instructions.

The guild profile requires we all aid daily.
Your guild may, but most guilds don't, and even most of those that do require aid only require it a few times a week. But honestly, I don't know of any guild that is actually going to enforce this rule beyond reminder messages.

7. At this point, you now know who is not aiding you and you can send them a reminder to aid you more often and if they continue to not aid you, report them to our leaders.
Why would you report them, and what leaders? Guild leaders? I was unsure, because this section of your guild seems to be jumbled up, hard to read, and over complicated. As a large guild founder I can say from experience, please don't bother them with this. Your guild leaders can see who is aiding them, and who isn't, and can take action on their own (if desired). Since you are aiding in your Town Hall from the all player's screen, all player's show up in there, so you shouldn't be reporting friends and neighbors to your guild leaders anyways.

This guide seems to over emphasize the guild portion of aiding, whereas most people will really only care about the friends aiding portion, because honestly, if your friend's list is kept updated with active players you really won't need guildmate or neighbor aiding to have a fully motivated city every day. If you can't get your city motivated daily you have other problems (likely too many decorations, residential buildings, etc. In later ages it would probably be SoK's or HoF's).

You should probably also update the 7 day part to say 5-6 days for accuracy's sake.

DeletedUser

While this post gets some things right, there is much wrong with it. For example, the Event History (as has been mentioned) only goes back 5 days, not 7. For another, there is no logical reason to do three run-throughs of Event History. Simply filter for Social Interactions and do everyone at once. When you then go down to the Social Bar you will go through guild, friends and hoodies separately, so there is no reason to either scroll through the pages before aiding or aid the three groups separately.

I think that those on mobile can figure out how to do this from these instructions, but it would be better if it were specified that you don't have the News tab to go through on mobile and you don't have pages, simply a long list to scroll down through. Once you're in Town Hall, Event History is a direct choice.

I think this desperately needs to be rewritten to be a valid and helpful guide. (Also, you can leave out the part about reporting guild mates to guild leaders. If they guild leaders care about enforcing an aiding rule, they can police it directly. They don't need members snitching on each other. Drama is worse than not aiding.)

dergerch

Simply filter for Social Interactions and do everyone at once
No filter on PC, unless I'm missing something...

The way I do it is: whenever I'm under the impression that I don't get enough help (this could be weeks or month apart), I go through the list once (I don't care if I aid non-friends at this point, because it doesn't matter and they aided me, so they ought to get an aid back, really) to see the ones that haven't aided in the last 5 days.
I usually write them down on a list to check if they are "repeat offenders" or if it was a one-time miss. If they are suspect, they need to go after a few hits (or rather misses). I find it beats the "message all friends and tell them to leave the message if they're active" method I've seen others do.

BruteForceAttack

No filter on PC, unless I'm missing something...

The way I do it is: whenever I'm under the impression that I don't get enough help (this could be weeks or month apart), I go through the list once (I don't care if I aid non-friends at this point, because it doesn't matter and they aided me, so they ought to get an aid back, really) to see the ones that haven't aided in the last 5 days.
I usually write them down on a list to check if they are "repeat offenders" or if it was a one-time miss. If they are suspect, they need to go after a few hits (or rather misses). I find it beats the "message all friends and tell them to leave the message if they're active" method I've seen others do.

the option is well hidden :)

Annotation 2019-11-28 1331149.jpg

DeletedUser

I find it beats the "message all friends and tell them to leave the message if they're active" method I've seen others do.
@BruteForceAttack already addressed the other part of your post I would have responded to, but I just wanted to say that I wholeheartedly agree with this statement!