• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to make a successful guild (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmagirl2

How to make an successful guild!

This is a short guide on how to run a successful guild
I have tested out different methods
creating the guild

First You look for a suitable leader who you trust before you make the guild
Next you talk with the person you want to help you run the guild and talk about these key points
  1. Guild name
  2. Guild goals
  3. The purpose of the guild
  4. and why you want to make one
Then you create the guild
Guild marketing and description

Now you have to make a guild description
Hi welcome to ----------
we are a ------ guild that focuses on --------
our leaders are ------ and -------
Write about your guild and the rules at the end and what your guilds benefits
Hi all we are fighting lions Allie of 240 Spartans⚔
⚔A Team based guild that work as a team to achieve our goals
We offer prizes for doing GE
We are small but strong and have hearts of gold⚔
⚔We have been working hard as a team and we are trying our hardest to help one another to play this game and have lots of fun
⚔We are relaxed but we take part in GE GBG and GvG (like the top guilds)
⚔Our GE requirement is 2 encounters for now
⚔We work hard to get each great building out the mud as soon as possible
We have been a great team for a while now and we are growing fast ⚔
⚔We have a dedicated leadership and mentor team to answer any questions

⚔⚔We give everyone trusted rights⚔⚔
Owner
emmagirl2
If you attack any of us face raids and snipes and leveling GBs⚔ you will get what you deserve
Co-founder ⚔⚔
Leader ⚔
Fighter ⚔
(the swords is a code)
Now you have to recruit i suggest advertising your guild on global and Pm-ing people who don't have a guild or people you have helped
Now you send a group message to your hood and ask politely if they would like to join your guild (i suggest highlighting the key points of your guild)
Once you have three members make some swap threads and a trade thread (i suggest saying hi on the guild chat everyday)
You next should talk to your guild about GE and explain it to the guildmates and the benefits of it
After most of your guild understands GE you should start GBG and explain why they should take apart

Now as a founder you may need to accept most trades in your guild as it effects there gameplay so much

my guild has its own forum (not the ingame one)
Hi welcome to ------- our guild
(add in some of the basic rules of your guild) I hope you enjoy your time here if you have any questions just ask
Guilds need to chat to be successful
Good guilds chat with one another and they help each other how can you help a guildmate without reading what they said or asking questions?

Never break your word as it can upset guildmates and may damage your guild

This is a work in progress so i will edit it or add more information
This is my first guide so i would like to hear your thoughts
This took me 2 hours to plan and write
i am writing an example for you all

Easy mistakes that are bad

Not unlocking GE
Not speaking to your guildmates
Not making threads

Tips
Make allies you will need them
Keep an open Pm with each of your guildmates
Help every person in your guild

Never ever give someone You can guess leader rights

Last edited:

Farfle the smelly

Please emphasize communication. You stated saying hi, but I’m currently in a thread that just straight up ignores all chat/questions. Like ‘will someone open the next level of GE?’ [crickets] ‘hello?’ Ignoring new guildies is demoralizing and it harms the guild ultimately. If folks can’t handle answering stupid questions (or doing the basic of their job, like opening GE when they say they’re a GE guild), then they really should hand the reigns to someone else to lead. A good guild is a lot of responsibility and they need to be the type of people that a) has the time, b) has the experience and c) actually likes to help people. I’ve been shocked with some of my lackluster guild experiences, especially when their descriptions contradict what their guildies deal with.

Sorry, didn’t mean to rant! It’s more....start a guild for the right reasons, not just for the points. Over time the guild will be more profitable because it was started with better intentions.

emmagirl2

Please emphasize communication. You stated saying hi, but I’m currently in a thread that just straight up ignores all chat/questions. Like ‘will someone open the next level of GE?’ [crickets] ‘hello?’ Ignoring new guildies is demoralizing and it harms the guild ultimately. If folks can’t handle answering stupid questions (or doing the basic of their job, like opening GE when they say they’re a GE guild), then they really should hand the reigns to someone else to lead. A good guild is a lot of responsibility and they need to be the type of people that a) has the time, b) has the experience and c) actually likes to help people. I’ve been shocked with some of my lackluster guild experiences, especially when their descriptions contradict what their guildies deal with.

Sorry, didn’t mean to rant! It’s more....start a guild for the right reasons, not just for the points. Over time the guild will be more profitable because it was started with better intentions.
Ok sorry i thought guilds naturally communicate

Farfle the smelly

Ok sorry i thought guilds naturally communicate
I thought so too! There are many guilds that are crystal clear in their description that they’re just for leveling - which is 100% fine. But there are also many guilds who say they’re active and are friendly/helpful who aren’t in the slightest.

My guild on one world is hands down the best group of people ever. It makes the stark difference between the two super noticeable.

Also, the lack of communication is why three of us are moving this week to another guild that reached out to US about joining. We are really looking forward to it!

emmagirl2

OK RL stuff does happen. but not every day. A guild where neither Founder of the leadership team are active for 24 hrs. Is NOT a good guild. At least one member of the management team should be looking in at different times of the day.
Last week I was sick and the internet was out unexpectedly so

emmagirl2

Are you the only administrator for your guild? If so, I would suggest adding a buddy that you know is super active to be your greeter/backup. Just in case. Because yes, life totally happens. Plus, yay, less work for you. Sharing is caring. ;)
My co-founders ditched me

The Lady Redneck

Last week I was sick and the internet was out unexpectedly so

No excuse you should have had a team in place who could pick up the slack

My co-founders ditched me

You need to ask yourself why

As Farfle says "sharing is caring" you need more than just a founder to run a guild. Do not give anyone else full founder rights, but set their permissions so they can do everything else. If you are aiming to have a fair sized guild you need to start with people with some game experience and who are happy to mentor noobs who join. You need a recruiter who knows what to look for in prospective new members. and how to go about finding them. You need someone who knows about trading to be the guild trademaster. You need people who knows about the different strategies required for doing GE, GBG and GvG. So that is about 5 - 6 people with game experience. All of whom should be playing the game and checking in on the guild throughout the day. All should be willing and able to install discipline when required. and be tough enough to boot members who do not come up sctratch or who cause trouble. You also need to be able to work as a team, pass the skills you each have on to each other and come up with a way to reward and encourage members, even if it means using your own goods, FPs etc to do so. You also need to be (as the founder) the one who makes every member feel like they are part of the team and that they are important to the guild. If you think you can run a guild with you fulfilling all those roles whilst still being relatively new to the game. YOU need to get into a good guild where you can see all that in action.

And you need to spend more time actually playing and learning the twists and turns in the game than you do haunting the forums. Once your guild is up and running successfully and you have at least a couple of years experience in running such a guild. then you can think about passing on that experience by way of guides.

Sorry if that all sounds harsh. It is not meant to be. But you need to get your ducks in a row and use common sense.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

Agent This is a quote from the OP

This is my first guide so i would like to hear your thoughts

So I do not see anything that is OT. Emma asked for our thoughts on her guide. She is new to the game, and wants guidance. You cannot get guidance without input from others. The subject of the topic is a guide to running a successful guild, so the pitfalls and problems need to be discussed before she can choose to continue with her guide, or hold off until she has more experience.

Agent327

There is no problem with that, but you quoted and responded to something else, that had nothing to do with the guide. This is not the place for whatever issues with co-founders she has. Stick to the guide is all I say..

The Lady Redneck

There is no problem with that, but you quoted and responded to something else, that had nothing to do with the guide.
Only in an attempt to give a more rounded view of being a guild founder. As all that should impact the content of any guide on the subject of starting a guild. I genuinely do feel for the new player who is keen enough to want to get into the game and start a good guild but struggles and ends up failing because of poor choices and lack of knowledge.

The basics of Emma's Guide are good. Her enthusiasm is good. But her lack of experience does show. Once she has that experience THEN she WILL be an asset to the game (and these forums) and know the subtleties of writing good guides.

Farfle the smelly

I don’t remember if this part is new but it would be great to see the ‘helping guildies’ section fleshed out. For instance, in my guild we have a battle general who leads all war efforts, we have a gentleman whose role besides being awesome is to ensure that fair trades don’t take too long and manages the treasury, etc etc. Both of these folks also donate to every single Gb that is posted in threads and always always always answers questions as they come up. They’re incredibly active and engaged and it shows - which is one of many reasons why we are all so loyal. So spend some time thinking of how someone could define roles for their own needs, how they can recruit not only guildies but guild leaders. :)

emmagirl2

I don’t remember if this part is new but it would be great to see the ‘helping guildies’ section fleshed out. For instance, in my guild we have a battle general who leads all war efforts, we have a gentleman whose role besides being awesome is to ensure that fair trades don’t take too long and manages the treasury, etc etc. Both of these folks also donate to every single Gb that is posted in threads and always always always answers questions as they come up. They’re incredibly active and engaged and it shows - which is one of many reasons why we are all so loyal. So spend some time thinking of how someone could define roles for their own needs, how they can recruit not only guildies but guild leaders. :)
Ok i will draft it tonight and add it tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.