• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to Pick Which Units to Lose

Triopoly Champion

When I face a difficult encounter like this 1, there are 3 attached units in my army, 1 Champion and 2 Rogues. Like the chess, every piece or unit has its order and turn to move. So here's the order:

#1: Real Attached Champion
#2 and #3: Attached Rogue
#4 - #8: Unattached Rogue

After my first move of my #1, all enemy 8 units will take their turns, so my units will always go as:

While(Battle Unfinished)
{
#2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #1

4 Enemy Grenadiers move, 4 Enemy Musketeers move.
} // Units will be removed from the list when they die.

1 Champion + 7 Rogues seem to be usually the best for most of the encounters in Colonial GE level 4.
Forge of Empires - Attached Units to Lose - Wave 1.jpg
Forge of Empires - Attached Units to Lose - Wave 2.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you manually battle and keep your Champion in the corner (you can do that, you just can't put Baby in a corner), you should never lose him. Any units you don't want to lose, make sure they stay away from the battle. Advance the units you can afford to lose. In my case, it's usually unattached Rogues, as I have a Traz in 4 of my 5 cities.

Triopoly Champion

You can't choose which unit will die. That's just how the AI works.
AI will always try to kill 1 of my units that has the least health points if in their ranges, so how do I get the health points I desire for?

I use the 1 attached Champion + 2 attached Rogues to attack enemy Grenadiers(so those units get damaged by their retaliations), use the unattached rogues(already turned into Champions) to attack the enemy Musketeers(won't be damaged).

The cornered Champion can still be hit by the enemy Field Guns.

Super Catanian

AI will always try to kill 1 of my units that has the least health points if in their ranges, so how do I get the health points I desire for?

I use the 1 attached Champion + 2 attached Rogues to attack enemy Grenadiers(so those units get damaged by their retaliations), use the unattached rogues(already turned into Champions) to attack the enemy Musketeers(won't be damaged).

The cornered Champion can still be hit by the enemy Field Guns.
The AI targets rogues first (duh). Once all rogues are something else, the AI targets anything that wasn't a rogue before.

Algona

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking. Can you clarify that?

Are you trying to control which of your units gets killed as you start the combat?

Are you trying to protect wounded units during the combat?

Something else?

BTW looked at your city for the first time in months. It's not the horrible eyesore pile of dooky it once was, It;s actually pretty nice, well done.

You can't choose which unit will die...

Speak for yourself. I'm an awful fighter, but even I can pick which units will most likely be killed.

Triopoly Champion

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking. Can you clarify that?

Are you trying to control which of your units gets killed as you start the combat?
Yes Algona, I'm trying to control which of my units gets killed as during the wave 1 combat.

I pre-picked my 1 real Champion from wave 1 by using him attacking an enemy Grenadier on the plain, since that 1 real Champion only had only 5/10 health after wave 1, it was 99.9% guaranteed he'd be the 1 targeting by all 8 enemy artillery units first after entering wave 2.

My 2 attached rogues attacked 2 other enemy Grenadiers, they were inside the bush and inside the forest each.

What are your attack and defense boosts? That might explain why.
Forge of Empires - 1000+ Rogues.jpg

Godly Luke

But he/she is in CA. Right? You can't get Indy champs in CA. And plus something fishy is going on. The attack / defence boosts from the two screenshots are different.

DeletedUser

I pre-picked my 1 real Champion from wave 1 by using him attacking an enemy Grenadier on the plain, since that 1 real Champion only had only 5/10 health after wave 1, it was 99.9% guaranteed he'd be the 1 targeting by all 8 enemy artillery units first after entering wave 2.
That is not correct. On the second wave, if you put your Champ in the corner, the artillery will attack the Rogues.
The attack / defence boosts from the two screenshots are different.
No, they're both 80%. Edit: I see where you got that, but on the later post, he's showing his own a/d boost and in the first post he's showing the enemy a/d boost.

Triopoly Champion

That is not correct. On the second wave, if you put your Champ in the corner, the artillery will attack the Rogues.
For the 2nd screenshot, I rushed my real Champion to the other side on turn 1 of wave 2, so he already died by the time the screenshot was taken.

The cornered Champion you saw was the #2 attached rogue which survived with only 1/10 health. I had him fought on the middle of the battleground, then he ran to the upperleft corner later, this is why Colonial Champions are better than Grenadiers for GE level 4.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35976

Rather than using CA champions, Why not progress on to the Indy map and get lancers? They have more attack.

You just have to support General Dee, and you will get two lancers in addition to two Jaegers and one rifle.

Triopoly Champion

Rather than using CA champions, Why not progress on to the Indy map and get lancers? They have more attack.

You just have to support General Dee, and you will get two lancers in addition to two Jaegers and one rifle.
Lancers have the exact same defense as the Colonial Champions, I have enough event buildings to bring the attacks of my CA Champions to the desired level, also for Lancers, only 2 available, I have more than 1,000 Colonial Champions.

Unless they are Progressive Conscripts, it's likely I'll lose the same amount of units due to the defense.

Triopoly Champion

Guess I'm doing something wrong, My 1 unit survives that 8 Art attack week after week. I'm something over 75 straight weeks of 64...
Better performance this week because the defense of my Colonial Champions jumped up from 82 to 83.
Forge of Empires - Colonial GE Encounter #56 Wave 1.jpg

Send the real champion as far right as he can go on the 1st turn of wave 2 -
Forge of Empires - Colonial GE Encounter #56 Wave 2 First Move.jpg

Whenever a Champion starts to get lower health(5 or below), have him start to run to the corner(upperleft or lowerleft) -
Forge of Empires - Colonial GE Encounter #56 Wave 2 1 Enemy Cannon Left.jpg

#1 Real Champion died again just liked last time -
Forge of Empires - Colonial GE Encounter #56 Wave 2 Result.jpg

DeletedUser13838

The AI targets rogues first (duh). Once all rogues are something else, the AI targets anything that wasn't a rogue before.
Rogues are not #1 priority for AI. There are times when the AI can attack a rogue but attacks something else instead. For example an AI stealth unit would rather attack a non-rogue from stealth than a rogue while unstealthed if it can't attack the rogue while in stealth.