• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Deleted

Algona

One was the actual quote. The other was the translation.

I completely understand both what you said and what you mean.

Wrong. I've specifically said you will reject any logic that I present:

i'd run through the exact line of reasoning for you, but you'll summarily reject it again.

I reiterate. You will reject what I say. You're so caught up in your mistaken belief that readjusting PvP to benefit the defender is good for the game* that you can't forego the opportunity to espouse this no matter how silly you sound. An example, in a current thread you said disconnecting a city is as effective as any other means of active defense. Another, for years you neglected saying that putting up a defensive army actually stops many would be attackers.

Nope. Since you will reject what I say, at this point I'm going to use you as a wonderful example of how a good player who normally posts good stuff can get so fixated on something that they can't get past it. To wit:

No problem at all with the first. A very large problem with the second.

Inno knows the 'us' which cling to their Easy Button, but they choose not to know the 'us' that asks for a bit of balance to this facet of the game.

Of course INNO knows us better then we do. They have exact data on everything hundreds of thousands of players have done over the years. The best any of us can do is see a minute fuzzy fraction of the picture INNO sees with absolute clarity.

But to refute this obvious fact, you bring up... What else? Adjusting the PvP defense, the very aspect in dispute here.

'They choose not to know'. Voluntary blindness on your part. INNO knows that folk are willing to put massive effort into creating '1100' defense.

They understand that folk are willing to do so and use that fact to benefit the game and the company. INNO has demonstrated an oft recurring pattern. Increase attack capability by providing / selling more offensive firepower, followed by increasing city defense by providing new defensive capabilities. All done through new GBs and SBs and Events, all making money for the game.

----------

You're not alone in this voluntary blindness. This game is filled with good players with this self affliction: Exact regimentation of Guildies, Guildless. wanting to play farmville, won't build GBs, don't put op DAs, won't do GE, GBG, PvP, GvG, etc ad nauseum.

Every aspect of this game has folk who reject it out of hand and so many of those think that the game would be better if it was only changed to suit what they want.

----------

Another fine example of your blindness here:

Or do you also think that having an 1100% defense should be meaningless?

This question implies facts not in evidence and is wonderfully representative of your fundamental problem:

You equate imperfect with meaningless.

So before I answer that question, tell me what makes an 1100 defense meaningless especially to potential attackers who don't have advanced Era units or powered combat GBs or numerous attack boosting SBs?

----------

Easy Button

Dunno why you dismiss the time and effort acquiring and leveling a suite of combat GBs and attack boosting SBs as 'Easy'. Pretty sure that nothing that takes months to years and that tens of thousands never accomplish is 'Easy'.

*Maybe I missed or forgot: Have you ever explained why you think rebalancing PvP more for defence is good for the game? Can you share that?

Last edited:

WinnerGR

Not many players have a rogue hideout. I luckily won just one in the Cherry Blossom Event.
I had know that most people in my neighborhood have them and I have one in my inventory but I am not building it yet beacuse of space and the fact that I have 8 unattached rogues and 2 unattached champions already.

I am in LMA.

What age are you?

UP ONLINE

I believe in the "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" approach. Some mateys like to take the peaceful approach. But if you attack and plunder neighbors every chance you get, when they do the same to you, you shouldn't get upset.

First of all, don't take it to heart like I used to when I first started playin’ Forge of Empires. I would jump outta me chair, rant and rave, and wish I could lock ‘em up in a cave. Then I realized that is so lame, after all this is just a game. But before givin’ up cause you’ve had enough, thar’s ways to stop a plunderer from takin’ your stuff.

Make ‘em frustrated by collectin’ yer supplies on time. This way they won’t get a dime.
If they’re attackin’ yer city just fer points, don’t get tense.
Use the tried and tested brave spearfighter defense.
Let ‘em know they have a GB (hope it’s a traz) you’d like to donate fps to.
Then send out a friend’s request which is always a nice thing to do.
When they accept yer friend’s request, you’ll finally be able to rest.
Yer friendship may yield you a traz all shiny and new, givin’ you troops that arr loyal too.

Some think this is a game of war.
It can also be a game of international cooperation
which is just as much fun, maybe more.
IM ONE OF THE SMART ONES
I set a timer to collect it
just need to keep track of your times

Sherlock-Holmes2

The Mantra I have heard is any first line of Defence can be beaten, it is your second line of defence that is by far your best defence.
One of the Leaders in the Guild I am in has Spears as their first line of defence, they make sure they collect on time, what happens is that would be plunderers soon get tired of not getting any thing and then move on to easier and more profitable targets.
Having spear or even a
Getting no Tower points and No Goods or FP is a good reason for a would be plunderer to move on to more profitable players that are slack/ lazy.

Graviton

The Mantra I have heard is any first line of Defence can be beaten, it is your second line of defence that is by far your best defence.
One of the Leaders in the Guild I am in has Spears as their first line of defence, they make sure they collect on time, what happens is that would be plunderers soon get tired of not getting any thing and then move on to easier and more profitable targets.
Having spear or even a
Getting no Tower points and No Goods or FP is a good reason for a would be plunderer to move on to more profitable players that are slack/ lazy.
The problem with that is that literally everyone can beat you and at least get a chance to plunder. While collecting on time virtually guarantees you won't get plundered, I would never advise anyone not to put up a defensive army. I rarely attack neighbors, and even then I don't normally plunder. But if I attack somebody with two spearfighters I make it a point to plunder them.

Vger

^ Having spears or even a Rouge as your First line of defence means little to no Tower Points.
Other than Ego, are tower points really worth bothering with? It's always seemed like an insignificant number of medals to me.
Never saw how those few medals could be worth opening up your city to every waahoo in your hood getting lucky and hitting you that time when RL kept you from collecting on time.

Algona

a spearfighter defense

No.

Aside from Graviton's excellent point that you are unbarring the gate, raising portcullis dropping the drawbridge and rolling out the red carpet for every hodie who ants to visit, don't kid yourself about denying the attacker PvP or Ranking Points.

If the player cares about Towers, they'll attack you every day with troops of different Eras to score on more Towers to get more Tower points.

I they care about farming RP then they'll still attack because every point counts.

Yes, do everything you can to keep your treasures and deny them to the plunderer, but rabid plunderers won't stop attacking if they miss on Plunder, they attack everyone every day.except the few cities that beat their attacking army.

Read the Plunder progress thread for more on the psyche of plunderers. Then consider well the advice you give, 'cause right now any new player taking your advice will either quit in disgust or be back in here shortly asking why they get constantly attacked.

Please don't give bad advice, especially in a Guide. There's never any good reason to not run the best defensive army you can.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

Other than Ego, are tower points really worth bothering with? It's always seemed like an insignificant number of medals to me.
Never saw how those few medals could be worth opening up your city to every waahoo in your hood getting lucky and hitting you that time when RL kept you from collecting on time.
Yeah. Every 50 battle points(tower points) equals one ranking point. For some people who care about that yes it is worth it.

Prototypeman

I'm new to this game. I check my tavern constantly & return the favor to everyone that enters. I also harvest regularly. I have been forced at times to attack neighbors due to requirements in the daily reward challenge. However, I never plunder, I'm only there for my reward, not to steal anything. Am I required to plunder for any reason?

i2McAbre

I know that I will get a couple "WAH'S" from this ;) but I only ever use it when the same player attacks and plunders several times...

I look at their Great Buildings and find one that has a nice payout... Then I add Forge Points if it will take a minute to level (to watch and flip later), or if it doesn't need many FP's...

I FLIP IT! They lose the double collection on it, and while it does not get what they plundered from you back... It feels OH SO Satisfying. I can't tell you how many times someone has messaged me whining about it...

But like it has been said... It's just a game and all is fair in love and war...:D