HTML 5 displaying wrong building graphics

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Orius Maximus, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

HTML 5 is displaying the wrong icons over buildings in the city:
    wrong.jpg

The polivate star has been replaced by the spoiled production dead fish, my completed military productions have been replaced by the idle graphic, and what I'm guessing is eggs and tickets from old Easter and Summer events. And I have no idea what's over the Royal Marble Gateway. I saw some people talking about the problem in Global yesterday, so it's probably update related, but I didn't see it until this morning when I cleaned out my cache. The proper icons are dsiplaying in Flash. Using Chrome.

Tunka Manin likes this.
  2. Orius Maximus

Got this too:

wrong.png

ziggatron likes this.
  3. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

SAME @orisus

4. kraxxus

kraxxus New Member

i'm having same problem, emptied cache like 5 times, restarted computer twice and still have these tiny icons, i need a fix! using google chrome on windows 7
    FOE1.PNG
    FOE2.PNG

5. kraxxus

kraxxus New Member

ok i fixed it whew....

6. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

Clearing cache on it's own doesn't work for some reason. First you need to disable HTML5 in game settings, reload- click the small 'load in flash' link on the Ragu splash screen NOT the big orange build my city button.

You can either play in flash or to fix html from this point - clear your browser cache - go back to game settings enable HTML 5, reload.

7. kraxxus

kraxxus New Member

earlier i was closing the tab on chrome with the game then clearing cache an it was not working, this time i loaded the game and cleared cache on that tab then reloaded an was back to normal..

8. ziggatron

ziggatron New Member

Me too. All images for goods are messed up (same with soldiers) Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 8.22.54 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 8.22.54 AM.png

9. ziggatron

ziggatron New Member

How about in Firefox? I turned off the HTML5 and it went back to normal, should I just keep it like that?

10. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Flush your cache, then you can re-enable HTML5.

11. NonnaofDragons

NonnaofDragons New Member

Flash froze my browser after following your instructions, had to disable flash then it loads again in html.
    This needs to be addressed better than this.

12. NonnaofDragons

Now I have fixed it myself. You don't need flash at all. FFS
    For firefox go to options Privacy/security/ Cookies and Site Data /Clear
    There is no need to change out from HTML clear it then load your game
    The whole flash thing was not necessary

13. gfnaxt

gfnaxt New Member

Same problem with wrong graphics ... makes the game unplayable on my tiny laptop. I have gone through several permutations of clearing cache, deleting cookies, opening/closing browser and restarting my laptop not amount of clearing cache, cookies, etc and can't seem to resolve the problem. Time to open a support ticket?

14. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

Some browsers won't clear cache for a website that is currently being visited. So make sure all FoE tabs are closed when clearing cache.

15. NonnaofDragons

This is happening again after the last event was removed.
    Stop giving fixes as if it is on OUR END.
    Fix the game please
    This time clearing cache is NOT WORKING
    Really frustrating that the people who check for bugs are not acknowledging this one even exists.
    I do't want to make a ticket, there are enough people who are telling you there is a bug to warrant it being addressed in the CODE OF THE GAME please.

16. Jst011

Jst011 New Member

Exact same thing has been happening to me, only on Chrome on my Windows machine. I thought it was just me as it took some time for someone to say something. I have to try disable/enable the HTML 5 setting and see if it works (Just clearing cache did not work), but this is making the game unplayable.

17. Orius Maximus

I was able to fix the graphics issues by clearing my cache, though I still had several issues with HTML 5 afterwards. After this latest update, I cleared out the browser cache again before logging into the game and I'm not having any serious HTML 5 problems now. So whatever problem I was having seems to be gone, for now.