• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HTML Feedback

DeletedUser4770

html5beta_logo.png
Hello Queens and Kings,

This thread is intended to gather feedback in regards to the HTML5 versionof the game, which will become available soon after the update to the version 1.128 is completed.

As this is an important technical change for our game, please provide us with the following information when giving feedback in regards to this:
  • What browser are you using? (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Sarafi, Edge)
  • What operating system are you using? (Windows 10, Windows 7, Linux, MacOS)
  • Which part of the game are you referring to? (City, Guild Expedition, Research, GvG, etc.)
  • If you know, what kind of system are you playing the game on? (Memory, Processor, Graphics card)
  • How well is the game working for you?
  • When referring to something can be seen, a screenshot will be also very useful.

If you want, you can also open the game options and go to the "About" page. Here, you can use the "Copy to Clipboard"-Button to copy some helpful information into your feedback.

We are looking forward to seeing what you think!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser32348

html5.JPG

1. Does this mean that i can uninstall Flash Player and still play FoE in browser?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

I'm a bit surprised it's coming to live now but I guess they need to in order for more testing. For me and my rather dated system HTML5 on Chrome was unplayable on Beta up until just recently, mainly due to high RAM demand (I have 6Gb), so much so it would crash the game. Then recently a fix was made where it's not as bad but still much more demanding than Flash. I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of performance complaints still but we'll see I suppose.

Agent327

I'm a bit surprised it's coming to live now but I guess they need to in order for more testing. For me and my rather dated system HTML5 on Chrome was unplayable on Beta up until just recently, mainly due to high RAM demand (I have 6Gb), so much so it would crash the game. Then recently a fix was made where it's not as bad but still much more demanding than Flash. I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of performance complaints still but we'll see I suppose.

If someone does not put a proposal in the right format you are rather eager to respond, so let me return the favor.

Is this the feedback they are asking for?

DeletedUser26965

If someone does not put a proposal in the right format you are rather eager to respond, so let me return the favor.

Is this the feedback they are asking for?
I'm not sure what you're talking about, this is not a Proposal, it's regarding HTML5 that's coming to live.

DeletedUser26965

Yes. Now are they asking for technical info on how it works, or your opinion.
Okay, so what are you offering in that regard? See, I mentioned how on Chrome the RAM has a much higher demand which I've already addressed on Beta in further detail so you can think of my comment here as a primer to that so when it goes live I can get some screenshots to add later.

Agent327

Okay, so what are you offering in that regard? See, I mentioned how on Chrome the RAM has a much higher demand which I've already addressed on Beta in further detail so you can think of my comment here as a primer to that so when it goes live I can get some screenshots to add later.

So you mentioned it on beta. Why not give here the same required details if you think they did not pick up on in on beta?

DeletedUser26965

So you mentioned it on beta. Why not give here the same required details if you think they did not pick up on in on beta?
I mentioned they did on Beta to some extent, as I mentioned the RAM demand is still higher but not as bad as before that one fix. And as I said my comment is a primer for when it goes live. Not sure what else you need to understand but your continued pressing on this matter is really pointless clogging up of the post here.

mamboking053

So...can anyone list the actual benefits to this HTML 5 upgrade?

I'm thinking it has something to do with decreased load times or decreased load on system resources which might improve some of the lag I get from the game when playing on PC? (the mobile app is super smooth in comparison)

DeletedUser26965

So...can anyone list the actual benefits to this HTML 5 upgrade?

I'm thinking it has something to do with decreased load times or decreased load on system resources which might improve some of the lag I get from the game when playing on PC? (the mobile app is super smooth in comparison)
I don't know about any stated benefits so much but they have to do it since Flash is on its way out universally. I can say on Chrome the refresh rate was a lot faster so scrolling the city and maps around was a lot smoother and all the collection balloons or "blimps" I think they call them would go up faster, sitting in taverns seemed faster. But then again that was on Chrome and I'm getting much higher RAM usage that may explain the effects in visual performance I'm seeing. On Microsoft Edge it was not the case though to see the same improvements for some odd reason. Haven't tried Firefox.

I don't think there was anyone on Beta that claimed less demand on PC resources, quite the opposite actually, it's more demanding, then again not a lot of people show actual data, they just say "it's working great" or "this is bad" or something, no real data to look at.

Chris7143

I'm playing the HTML version on Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop. There's a couple of minor points, which may or may not be bugs, they may just be my laptop and/or settings.

1. I can't seem to type messages in full screen mode - but it works when not in full screen
2. I can't copy and paste text in messages by right-clicking - although ctrl+C and ctrl+V works.

As I said, minor issues. Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing same. Apart from that, game plays as before.

Volodya

I'm also playing on Chrome, Windows 10. I can type messages OK, but I can confirm that right click cut and paste isn't available.

DeletedUser31335

I'm also playing on Chrome, Windows 10. I can type messages OK, but I can confirm that right click cut and paste isn't available.
I found this to be true also. Playing in Windows 10 with Avast Safe Browser and/or Firefox.

Love the short cuts.

ODragon

I tried it out a little bit today.

At Work:
Browser: Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
System:
-Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHZ
-16 GB RAM
-AMD Radeon R5 340X

Below is a screen shot of left = HTML5, right = Flash. There is a noticeable color difference between the two. I added a black bar so you can see where the transition is. I prefer the flash version, but it may be what I'm used to. I find the color on the text boxes especially noticeable.

color.jpg color2.jpg

So far I've found adding multiple FP to GBs to be a little bit laggier than previously. Doing recurring quests also seems more laggy than before.

manlymanman

Since right-click doesn't work, how does one post a ticket? I have brand new Samsung Chromebook Plus. The city graphics DO NOT load. Screen is basically black, with only collection icons, etc. Very disappointing, since I thought HTML5 version would fix this problem, which also occurs in Flash. (Chromebooks only run the most recent version of Chrome.)

Screenshot 2018-06-13 at 9.13.48 AM.png

Minigal

I find the graphics to be a little on the blurry side, not quite crisp like the flash version.

I'm on a Macbook Pro and use Safari and Google Chrome