• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HTML Feedback

DeletedUser28727

Oh - almost forgot -
1. I didn't find any place that tells players where to find support and forum (in settings now) since right clicking does nothing anymore.
2. When highlighting text in the message board to copy it, right clicking comes up as "save image", you have to use ctl c and ctl v to copy and paste

At least those have been my experiences anyway - again - both machines.

DeletedUser28727

When loading the progress bar (O and X world both) gets to between 65-75% and usually pauses, but on more than one occasion it took long enough to restart to kick off a "page not responding" error. This has mostly been on the Windows 7 machine.

DeletedUser28727

Alright - I'm done with HTML5. Still willing to try things if you need a lab rat, but it's just better on flash (Never thought I'd say THAT)

DeletedUser2355

On BETA...Is not working on Puffin (browser) PC Version. Get the black screen just like manlymanman screenshot above. Using Chrome or other browser works but just as slow as flash if not slower.

DeletedUser32348

System:
AMD A4 processor (4 cores, 1.8Ghz)
4GB RAM
Windows 10 Home
Google Chrome 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
AMD Radeon R3 GPU

A ton of bugs after using it for a few minutes:
#1: The "Unread Message" notification blinks too bright.
View attachment 10351
#2: The text when someone aids you is off-center.
#3: Scrollbars appear when the game is loading that should not be there.
#4: The cursor disappears for a second when pressing an "OK" button.
#5: There is a two-line break at the end of the chat that should not be there.
#6: The large loading icon (for stuff like GE and tech tree) does not look right. It uses only two colors and a simple shape.
#7: The icons for goods spent negotiating in GE are a few pixels off. Same for the icons (zoom, settings, fullscreen) in the lower left corner.
#8: In the quests, the "Supplies +" icon is blurry, and the text has this weird, shaking shadow (best visible on the 'w').
View attachment 10344
#9: There are no sparkles (or whatever they are) behind your character in the Town Hall.
#10: There is no loading symbol for images that have not loaded yet.
#11: The text of people in Taverns have an insanely large shadow.
View attachment 10345
#12: High memory usage (+300MB more). This is memory used with HTML5 after opening the Town Hall, the Quests List, GvG, and GE:
View attachment 10346
and with Flash:
View attachment 10347
#13: The "InnoGames" logo does not appear on the first loading screen (the dark blue one).
#14: There's a weird shadow on the goods list when making a trade.
View attachment 10348
#15: The grey "Next Level/Last Level" icons are blurry.
View attachment 10349
#16: The game freezes for 15 seconds if I right click > Copy image.
#17: If I open the Continental Map, go back, then open it again, the game freezes.

Game data: 1.128.f03df7112e (13.06.2018 10:44), King Zack the Almighty (13697137), us24, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Chrome/67.0.3396.87, 1366x635, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

It's also probably not a bug, but HTML5 hurts my eyes wayyyy more then Flash does.

I'm also experiencing the same thing the only difference is system config
I can't access "Contact Support" drop-down window if i right-click on the game window
Colors are a bit lighter than Flash Enabled
Takes too much time to load first time, then it loads as quite normal
Sometimes it takes too much Memory is Process in Task Manager, and sometimes it consumes the same as Flash.

DeletedUser28727

I'm also experiencing the same thing the only difference is system config
I can't access "Contact Support" drop-down window if i right-click on the game window
Colors are a bit lighter than Flash Enabled
Takes too much time to load first time, then it loads as quite normal
Sometimes it takes too much Memory is Process in Task Manager, and sometimes it consumes the same as Flash.

DeletedUser28727

Contact support is under settings (bottom left gear) in the HTML version.

DeletedUser32348

Donno whether this is a Changelog 1.128 Issue or HTML5 issue,
but can't skip words and delete written words using "Ctrl + Del", "Ctrl + Backspace", "Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow"

DeletedUser35511

In the messaging screen the attachment button is shifted to the right.
Snap 2018-06-27 at 18.39.08.png

DawnLight the Just

I was playing flash on Windows 10 with the Firefox Comodo Dragon browser to try to minimize the flash errors, but was still continuing to have one which completely disrupted playing. The screen acted like it was on a rubber band and whenever I would drag the screen around to look at different parts of the city or look for incidents, it would snap back to center. This would happen repeatedly and was starting to get obnoxious. When I switched to the HTML5, that problem went away. While I was still playing on the Comodo Dragon browser, the actions the HTML5 produced seems jerky, but without needing flash I went back to regular Firefox and it is playing smooth now.

The copy & paste features are not available with HTML5, which I miss, but I like it a lot better in general than the flash version.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32348

The screen acted like it was on a rubber band
ya i too had the same problem when i updated my Comodo Ice Dragon, but i experienced this issue when i turned On the HTML5 mode. Later i switched to the latest version of Firefox 61 and it got away.

when i use HTML5, i cud see the emoji's in the messages
but when i use Flash, i only see them as boxes.

When i use HTML5, screen tears while panning them to look for incidents
but no tearing in Flash mode.

DawnLight the Just

ya i too had the same problem when i updated my Comodo Ice Dragon, but i experienced this issue when i turned On the HTML5 mode. Later i switched to the latest version of Firefox 61 and it got away.

when i use HTML5, i cud see the emoji's in the messages
but when i use Flash, i only see them as boxes.

When i use HTML5, screen tears while panning them to look for incidents
but no tearing in Flash mode.
Yes, in earlier versions of flash, it did not snap like that, but when I updated it to the later 2 or 3 versions, that's when it happened. What do you mean the screen tears? I have not had any problems except for that one incident someone noted above where something was flashing around the city, but that only lasted for a couple minutes.

DeletedUser32355

The bug where the "someone aided you" text is off-center is a Flash bug too. I caught it when I was aided at the same time I logged in.

DeletedUser26560

I tried HTML5 with Opera and with Chrome and they both work but I noticed that the images of the building seemed a little fuzzier (but barely noticeable).
I could not highlight text to copy and loading seem slower at times.
I thought HTML5 would bring movable and stackable window dialog boxes instead of opening and closing different unmovable sections all the time. A tab section might be used instead.
I did like that you could right click and save the image of your city but I suppose that could be done with a screenshot.
With HTML5 in order to contact game Support go to the bottom left and select settings.
For now I prefer to use Flash

Also, I see many people online having issues with playing online videos in their browsers such as youtube since HTML5 was initiated.
Issues like the video reloading after it starts, videos giving an error message or loading with badly formated pages.
I do not think HTML5 is ready for prime time yet.

DeletedUser32355

Five more issues:

1. The amount of Forge Points is slightly off center.
upload_2018-7-5_12-37-59.png
2. CTRL+Z and CTRL+Y do not work as undo/redo.
3. Inserting an emoji turns my cursor to "Busy..." even though the game is still responding.
4. The text in someone's GB list looks somewhat monospaced.
upload_2018-7-5_12-42-22.png
5. Sometimes in GE, pressing 1-1-2-3 causes the 1st box to hold the 3rd recourse, rather then the 1st box holding the 1st resource, and the 2nd box holding the 3rd resource.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32355

My CoA (almost) disappeared after going to GE4 (no encounters done) and back.
upload_2018-7-6_17-6-48.png
Only a small piece of it is still there :confused:
The animations on my Arena of Victors (and Brickworks) started flashing twice a second, too. :(
There was also no highlight around the SMB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

My CoA (almost) disappeared after going to GE4 (no encounters done) and back.
View attachment 10506
Only a small piece of it is still there :confused:
The animations on my Arena of Victors (and Brickworks) started flashing twice a second, too. :(
There was also no highlight around the SMB.

LOL -- that's an understatement... as in fact, it's not a small "piece" of it... but rather the entire building as a small version of itself! Talk about multiple zoom levels!!! :eek:

Cyril the Bold

Just tried HTML. Having issues with too much softness. GE seems to be sharp as ever, but my city is way too soft. Guild messages blurry. System still needs a lot of work.
Using imac, safari, High Sierra OS.
Old saying: The first concept of superior principal is always defeated by the proven example of established practice.

DeletedUser10089

I'm playing the HTML version on Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop. There's a couple of minor points, which may or may not be bugs, they may just be my laptop and/or settings.

1. I can't seem to type messages in full screen mode - but it works when not in full screen
2. I can't copy and paste text in messages by right-clicking - although ctrl+C and ctrl+V works
I cant get ctrl+C and ctrl+V to work at all
That is a shame i really liked the HTLM but have returned to flash