• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HUGE PROBLEM IN BRISGARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser25952

Plunder is an integral part of FOE. It isn't cheating, it isn't bullying ... it's the game.

I understand that you don't like it, it offends you or ticks you off, but please don't actlike those who plunder are some sort of subhuman species that acts like this in real life. "Since there the ones picking on the innocent" - oh please.

Advertising for FOE is misleading. Do not kid yourself, this is not a city-building game. No points are given for having the right mix of goods and services, no quests to build urban vs suburban neighborhoods - the name of the game here is cram in as many buildings that produce what you happen to need at the time. And there are plenty of upper level cities that are nothing but military buildings with GB for goods/people/$ production. And not only is that allowed, it's rewarded. So please stop berating players for playing the game within the rules and being successful at it.

Everyone doesn't like every game, true? If you don't like the game as designed, find a game that suits you. There are plenty of others.

This game requires strategy and relationship building. There are a few exceptions, but this rule typically holds. If you are a good communicator, you should do well when dealing with "bullies" (as you call them). There are always options which can provide you with a win if you will only slow down and think it all out. This is not a PC world were you get to use whichever bathroom makes you feel good. Will you get frustrated? yes. stamping your feet and crying will not make it any better and will probably make it worse. Man up, sweetheart. I got my butt kicked by a 12 year old girl. That really sucks. HA!

Remember that this is a game. There are no "Innocent victims" here. If you want to play the victim card, go back to college. If I see you in Brisgard and you whine like this, I (and my whole guild) will target you. We are here to have fun. YOU are a serious buzzkill. That being said, I hope that you enjoy this game as much as the rest of us!

DeletedUser10076

I didn't think it was possible but the other world have been less aggressive than Brisgard.....I quickly return to Brisgard....I am personally disgusted by the few number of aggressive players in this game.

DeletedUser25952

Some people just want to relax and play the game when it is convenient to them.
On line bullying should be stopped, reading the pages of this forum, it is plainly the majority that would prefer it.

In real life and in Brisgard there are bullies. You have to deal with them. This game is set up to allow for some rough treatment of others. I have tag-teamed plunderers with friends and guildies. We orchestrate our attacks and crush them! repeatedly. When they get plundered multiple times in a row and for days on end, they get the message. Whining does not work. ever. It sounds mean, but maybe a farming game might be a better choice for some players. I have a garden that I play in when I don't want to fight.

That being said, there are societal norms even within this game. some people are anti-social. They are not typically moved by whining. The Game builders have not been moved by whining. So why whine? It only makes them hit you more.

DeletedUser17265

My momma told me, you better shop around.
Punctuation? I see we've devolved all the way to an argument on periods and commas… Nice!
"Plunder isn't cheating. It isn't bullying. It's the game" Who told you that?
Cheating and bullying are two different things even tho cheating is bullying. It's like the difference between a square and a rectangle. A square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not necessarily a square. Cheating is bullying but bullying is not necessarily cheating... Cheating is a form of bullying that we are not talking about.
Bullying is when a stronger picks on a weaker. If you plunder the weaker (i.e. those who can not hit back), then guess what. You're being a bully. (you might be a red neck). You could choose to only plunder those who have the tech to beat you too. Or you could choose to not plunder anyone.
Most is irrelevant. My real point is, if you are allowed to say that plunder is the game, then others should also be allowed to say that plunder is bullying. blah blah blah exclamation point!

DeletedUser8420

I plunder and I get plundered...part of the game. Especially with the Voyager GB. Plundering is encouraged in this game so get use to it. NOW, as stated I plunder others... yep I do, but, a few of my neighbors have contacted me and made suggestions....because ... there are other strategies BESIDES collecting on time... one is send a friend invite...never know they may accept. You could contact a guild mate more powerful than you and have them try the intimidation route, it may work or it may tick the other even more and put a target on you longer then originally planned....OR, try making a treaty...if I do this would you not do that? YEP, it has worked. I have three such treaties ongoing in my hood. Most agreeable to both parties involved...

So time collection isn't the only method available. It is called STRATEGY. Think outside of the box and use it to learn how to deal with things.

Flavius Belisarius

Plundering is a part of the game. Defending Against pirates 5 or 6 ages beyond is not fun. Rail Guns or Commandoes vs Legionnaires is ridiculous.
Is there a way to limit disparity? Such as, you can't plunder with forces three or more ages beyond the highest defender age? or limit the number of times you can plunder someone with 3 or more age disparity (like once a week, every other day)
There are a lot of ways to deal with Plundering Bullies, but I think there should be a way to diffuse their influence if none of the current strategies work; in other words they won't compromise.
How about (since we're dealing with pirates) a "Parley" system where you call for a 48-72 hr hold on Plundering to let you try to negotiate (or just get a break) or stall hoping to get a better neighborhood.
How about let Guild members not in the neighborhood to attack them for you?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

My momma told me, you better shop around.
Punctuation? I see we've devolved all the way to an argument on periods and commas… Nice!
"Plunder isn't cheating. It isn't bullying. It's the game" Who told you that?
Cheating and bullying are two different things even tho cheating is bullying. It's like the difference between a square and a rectangle. A square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not necessarily a square. Cheating is bullying but bullying is not necessarily cheating... Cheating is a form of bullying that we are not talking about.
Bullying is when a stronger picks on a weaker. If you plunder the weaker (i.e. those who can not hit back), then guess what. You're being a bully. (you might be a red neck). You could choose to only plunder those who have the tech to beat you too. Or you could choose to not plunder anyone.
Most is irrelevant. My real point is, if you are allowed to say that plunder is the game, then others should also be allowed to say that plunder is bullying. blah blah blah exclamation point!

Your logic is completely and utterly flawed.

To play a competitive online game and then to label those playing it better than yourself as bullies is ridiculous. They're doing the same thing you are; trying to win. They're just doing it far more successfully than you are. Blaming others for being better than you at something is absurd. Learn what they're doing right and what you're doing wrong and strive to be as good or better than them, not bemoan them for being better than you.

DeletedUser26140

Some people just want to relax and play the game when it is convenient to them.
On line bullying should be stopped, reading the pages of this forum, it is plainly the majority that would prefer it.
Hmm...plundering is now equal to "online bullying". As mentioned often already,time your pick-ups. If you have a strong guild, have them address the guild leader of the plunderers. RAIDERs protect their own. Send us a membership request and join a guild that will back you up, even when you slip on your pick up's. We plunder back, lol.

DeletedUser25952

I have seen a wee bit more of this plundering since I last posted. Some hooker with more than a million PvP attacking and plundering new players (daily)with less than 3000 PvP. Really?! That chick needs to have some kids so she can just beat them whenever she feels the need. I don't like whiners, but if you are attacking and plundering new players, you are a douche.

DeletedUser9433

I have seen a wee bit more of this plundering since I last posted. Some hooker with more than a million PvP attacking and plundering new players (daily)with less than 3000 PvP. Really?! That chick needs to have some kids so she can just beat them whenever she feels the need. I don't like whiners, but if you are attacking and plundering new players, you are a douche.
Looks like as good a place as any for me to post this: Not in B world but in my main world 79 of us are in FE or Arctic and we just got three new Iron Age players. Hammered them all like a 10 penny nail then took their Dye! Bummer that they all three had the same boost. :(

DeletedUser14197

It would take quite awhile, but if you do the treasure chests you will occasionally get an unattached troop. Also, if you could do GE, you may be able to do the first level using older troops and if you can make it to the third fight, you will get an unattached troop. You may not be able to do the 2nd level, but if you could you would win I believe 2 unattached troops. If you can start collecting unattached troops, you can use those for city defense, as they don't die. Also, if you are lucky, you might be able to win some barraks in the summer event. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think I won barraks from my age in that event. I totally understand about having a hard time with the future tech tree. I wasn't even losing goods and I had a hard time with it. It was awful trying to find people to even trade goods even though my trades were fair and even when they were the same age. So I quit working on it. I still am not working on it. I am hanging out in future age for the time being. I still haven't opened up any barraks. I won the future age barraks I believe from the winter event. I really think I have won barraks from the summer event as well. So, perhaps you could just work on great buildings, especially the basil and deal, do swaps, run 4 hour production occasionally, and go ahead an run supply buildings as they don't cost you anything until you get to a point where you can do someething else. Also, collect watchfires from the event going on now. Since these attackers are not that far ahead of you, there is hope.

DeletedUser14571

Look for watchfires next time , pick up about 100, then raise your St Basils and Deal Castle to level 10, then make sure you have your monostary.

then put in 8 champions to defend your city.

Status
Not open for further replies.