• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hurricane commentary

DeletedUser34

This is not really a debate or a discussion, but it is an observation.

When Katrina hit New Orleans, the lack of judgement of its residents who stayed was ignored, and they were perceived as victims. Despite having had Andrew as history to fall back on, they still chose poorly. And yet it was all about woe is them.

It has been very refreshing to see Govn'er Christie paint a more accurate picture about those who stayed behind. It was even more so, to see Obama's visit and hear his comments. Neither of these people are pulling back when talking about the ignorance of those who ignored the warnings. Yes they are helping, but they aren't letting them remain blameless.

As a person who LOVES and has gone through many hurricanes, and is a firm believer in bringing in my grill and grilling in my garage during a TS or a Cat 1, it is annoying to me to see people who make stupid choices, and yet everyone coddles them. As an experienced Hurricane(r), I wouldn't not have remained on the coast for this storm. I have little pity for those who chose to and got spanked. I am very happy for the tone the public officials are taking in this situation.

And that is my two cents.