• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I breached the Great Building etiquette that I was unaware of

Mightylor

I sincerely apologize to player conbrio for accidentally leveling the Arc. In an effort to help other players, I accidentally donated multiple forge points and did not see the building was near leveling. I had no idea this action caused any harm and was completely unaware that owners of Great Buildings benefitted from leveling their own buildings. I've since found a web article explaining that and will try to be more careful about donating points. I'm a newer player and never heard anything about this.

I am posting this here because player conbrio sent me a PM after the action but is not receiving my replies now.

If I could build a stockade in front of Town Hall, I'd place myself there for the citizens to throw things at me as they pass.

Lancer

I sincerely apologize to player conbrio for accidentally leveling the Arc. In an effort to help other players, I accidentally donated multiple forge points and did not see the building was near leveling. I had no idea this action caused any harm and was completely unaware that owners of Great Buildings benefitted from leveling their own buildings. I've since found a web article explaining that and will try to be more careful about donating points. I'm a newer player and never heard anything about this.

I am posting this here because player conbrio sent me a PM after the action but is not receiving my replies now.

If I could build a stockade in front of Town Hall, I'd place myself there for the citizens to throw things at me as they pass.
Your message on this forum will almost not be recieved by the intended recipient, but the post in general is a good reminder/piece of knowledge that new members, who are also unaware of it, should know and learn why it hurts the owner of those GBs that you level on your own.

Now Statue of Zues, as well as Temple of Relics are two great buildings that it doesn't really effect anyone involved. The only thing that is a very minor issue, but could upset the owner, is that it might disrupt his collection time/routine.

Mightylor

Your message on this forum will almost not be recieved by the intended recipient, but the post in general is a good reminder/piece of knowledge that new members, who are also unaware of it, should know and learn why it hurts the owner of those GBs that you level on your own.

Now Statue of Zues, as well as Temple of Relics are two great buildings that it doesn't really effect anyone involved. The only thing that is a very minor issue, but could upset the owner, is that it might disrupt his collection time/routine.

I thought the chance of the player seeing it was slim, but wanted to post openly just in case it could help other players. Thanks for noting that it could be good, and for the information about Zeus and Temple of Relics.

Glockgemini

Anybody that gets bent out of shape for the leveling of a GB that didn't cost THEM anything, needs to take some chill pills. Even if it did cost them something, its not a game changer. They probably lost that much in late collections anyway.