• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I don't think I understand how the Rain Forest Project GB works

DeletedUser29623

which GB are you after?

As I explained above, I was/am leveling my Chateau. Most of the players I have access to don't even have one, or it's at a very low level and they're raising it with swaps. The high-level players in my guild and friends list don't seem to be interested in raising their Chats any higher. I can foresee a point where I'm also wanting to level less popular GBs past 10 and that getting the RFP now would give me enough time with mo/po to get a bit ahead. It's not like there's another GB I want to build at the moment and I had a full set of RFP prints, but I did misunderstand the way the percentages work and wish that it boosted them more.

DeletedUser33179

It’s only going to give you prints for your own age or lower though, right? The city where I have the Chat print shortage is in Colonial

Well, then it wouldn't help you for quite some time/Ages yet :(

Kranyar the Mysterious

The funny thing is from the way I understand it, when the RFP was first released it did give you the advertised percent in addition to the base, so 40% + a base of 1% would give a 41% chance. It got nerfed quite quickly.

Doesn't help that they don't tell the base percent so you know what your real chance is.

Lancer

Normal chance is 1 % . With a 40% increase you will get 1,4 %. It is similar to the increase in Frontenac, but with lower percentages.

Thanks for stating what the normal chance is as I was unaware of the true percentage.

Kranyar the Mysterious

1% is probably correct, but I don't think it has ever actually been stated by Inno. If were to be only 0.9, that would make a big difference in the (non)effectiveness of RFP. I'm not sure there have ever been any large enough samples to know for sure. If there is, I don't remember ever seeing it.

Lancer

1% is probably correct, but I don't think it has ever actually been stated by Inno. If were to be only 0.9, that would make a big difference in the (non)effectiveness of RFP. I'm not sure there have ever been any large enough samples to know for sure. If there is, I don't remember ever seeing it.

I don't ever recall seeing it either, but @Agent327 will almost certainly not post a response to a question (in all seriousness that is), unless he knows the answer. That's why I'm going to go ahead and take his word for it on this one.

Kranyar the Mysterious

As I explained above, I was/am leveling my Chateau.

Go to foestats (ForgeDB) and look up "Chateau" in the great building list for the world you are wanting to level yours. Look down the list and look for any buildings with fp on them, then message them to see if they are actively leveling, and if they would be willing to let you take a top 3 position at 1.x.

In Mt. Killmore I am actively leveling my level 75 Chateau. On Langendorn I am working a level 20. Message me if you are on one of those worlds.

DeletedUser31540

I think RFP is a total waste ... it does look cool though !

My experience has been that Chateau prints are relatively easy to get... maybe the 13th easiest GB to find prints for or somewhere in that range ...

The only prints that ive had a hard time getting 70+ copies of (that i actually want) are Observatory and Atlanteum

DeletedUser30312

That would have to be the way it works, as the boost at level 80 is 463%. It wouldn't make any sense to have a 463% chance of finding a BP, so it must mean the the base % is increased by 463%. Meaning that if the base was 2%, at level 80 it would be 9.26%. Doesn't hardly seem worth it, now does it?

That's my understanding of how the GB works. It's a luxury building, IMO, but not necessarily bad. You just need to aid a lot of people on a regular basis to make it worth it. It's probably useful for early and mid game people who are parking long in an age to get higher BPs than their own age, and it might not be a bad way of getting a few extrsa bps for those who are powerleveling GBs.

DeletedUser30312

I think RFP is a total waste ... it does look cool though !

My experience has been that Chateau prints are relatively easy to get... maybe the 13th easiest GB to find prints for or somewhere in that range ...

The only prints that ive had a hard time getting 70+ copies of (that i actually want) are Observatory and Atlanteum

Observatory is hard to get because the prints are normally only available through events or by leveling other Observatories. But It's not really a GB that seems worth it to push into very high levels unless a guild is desperate for a bigger support pool. The guild goods are just simple going to be blown out of the water by Arcs.

The Atlantis Museum is a really good GB, but since it's only really useful for plundering, it's not too widespread.

DeletedUser29726

Observatory is hard to get because the prints are normally only available through events or by leveling other Observatories. But It's not really a GB that seems worth it to push into very high levels unless a guild is desperate for a bigger support pool. The guild goods are just simple going to be blown out of the water by Arcs.

Not at all - at high levels observatory's goods production will be very close to arc's (both gain 2 of each good per level past 10, it's only the levels before 10 that put arc ahead in goods production). If you're a FE or earlier camper in a GvG heavy guild, powerlevelling Observatory and maybe even Atomium could make sense.

Emberguard

Not at all - at high levels observatory's goods production will be very close to arc's (both gain 2 of each good per level past 10, it's only the levels before 10 that put arc ahead in goods production). If you're a FE or earlier camper in a GvG heavy guild, powerlevelling Observatory and maybe even Atomium could make sense.
*looks up Observatory and Arc stats*

Man, you’re right. Never realised just how close in goods production they get in high lvls

DeletedUser30312

Interesting.

But really it depends on how much one's guild is into GvG, since that's where most of the guild good spending is, and a high level Obs in a AF+ city right now is just an extravagance. Maybe Battlegrounds will shake things up, but that's future meta.

DeletedUser32232

I also thought BPs would be falling like snow. I bought the goods to build it and now I'm disappointed and feeling a little foolish. Wish I read the forum before I jumped. It's still in my city but probably won't see the end of July. Trying to replace it with Blue Galaxy.