• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I don't think this is working properly.

DeletedUser35296

I saw this in the Plundering FAQ:

"The new (January 2017) neighborhood rules modify this a bit; you should no longer find yourself in a hood with far advanced players."

I'm being attacked and plundered recently. The player doing this has a score of 1M+ shown on their profile. My player, started earlier this year, has a score of 62K.

Is this correct? Since I've spent no real-world money, I'm not upset, just curious.

Thanks.

DeletedUser31308

Far advanced is in terms of technology, not ranking points. Ranking points don't necessarily mean they can plunder you mercilessly, like would be the case if they had advanced era units. For example, I have almost 4 million ranking points, and my attack bonus is 26/21, easily thwarted by a handful of watch fires or ritual flames. The points are based on how many FPs I've put into my GBs, since I have a level 80 arc. This doesn't help me in combat though until I decide to raise my attack GBs

DeletedUser26965

Yeah, IG's attempt at making fair neighborhoods failed when they didn't take into consideration attack bonus, defense bonus and units and such, could certainly have done a better job besides where one is based in the tech tree.

DeletedUser8428

I saw this in the Plundering FAQ:

"The new (January 2017) neighborhood rules modify this a bit; you should no longer find yourself in a hood with far advanced players."

I'm being attacked and plundered recently. The player doing this has a score of 1M+ shown on their profile. My player, started earlier this year, has a score of 62K.

Is this correct? Since I've spent no real-world money, I'm not upset, just curious.

Thanks.

And so you will find that they are not far advanced from you on the tech tree (the era they are in). While rank CAN indicate an advanced player, it has become more common for players to "camp" .. that is, they stay in an era for a protracted length of time to advanced their GB (which can provide military bonuses), to increase their store of resources/coins and the like.

Volodya

Yeah, IG's attempt at making fair neighborhoods failed when they didn't take into consideration attack bonus, defense bonus and units and such, could certainly have done a better job besides where one is based in the tech tree.
The new neighborhood system isn't perfect, but it's far more fair than it used to be, when neighborhood spreads of three or four or fives ages were common and we saw helicopters mowing down musketeers and the like.

DeletedUser26965

The new neighborhood system isn't perfect, but it's far more fair than it used to be, when neighborhood spreads of three or four or fives ages were common and we saw helicopters mowing down musketeers and the like.
and now it's just +100 a/d archers with AO and Kraken vs some guy who just started, fundamentally no different.

Ta 152H

and now it's just +100 a/d archers with AO and Kraken vs some guy who just started, fundamentally no different.

That's not really true, and we both know it.

For one, if you do find some guy with that setup, it's only going to be one or two, in all probability. In some of the old hoods, you'd be in LMA and have 50 guys over TE in there.

Plus, you had no control if you ended up in that hood, you just got tossed. If you're worried about the guy mentioned above, slow down, build up your city so you can defend and/or attack back. You have control over where you land, at least with respect to the age. And I'd much rather fight against someone my age, even if they have good attack, then have EMA guys fighting FE units. In the first case, I can cause damage, and probably even counter attack, in the latter, there's really no chance to make any reasonable response to being attacked. I used to just attack them, and then report their defense in the neighborhood chat, and also global chat, so other people could hit them. It actually worked pretty well if the person who attacked was online. Or you hit their guild in GvG.

Now you have better options. But, like someone else here, you're measuring against perfection and finding it comes up well short. Agreed. It's not perfect, or even great, but it's better than what we had before.

DeletedUser26965

That's not really true, and we both know it.
Oh, so people don't camp now? everyone advances quickly or something? guess I missed the memo.

But I advocate for a weight class system like in many sports, you don't stick a guy who just started playing in with someone who's been camping in IA for a year building up attack GB's, with Rogue Hideouts, experience etc. does this really have to be explained?

Algona

Yeah, IG's attempt at making fair neighborhoods failed

Disagreed. INNO has put all players in a position where their choices are what make the difference between being the hunter or the hunted. There are the corner cases of players being shoved into the wrong hood, but those are few and far between.

Other then those rare exceptions, we're all playing under the same rule, at about the same tech tree level, given the same opportunities. There's no bias or unfairness in the part of the game, just different abilities of players because of the decisions those players made.

----------

You can ignore the above. While typing that a thought hit me.

While I do think the current system is fundamentally fair, the one thing that it does not take into account is time in game.

We all do have the same opportunities, but those of us who have played longer have a huge advantage in exploiting those opportunities.

Hmmm.... I think I'll go ponder the implications of that thought a bit.

Ta 152H

Oh, so people don't camp now? everyone advances quickly or something? guess I missed the memo.

But I advocate for a weight class system like in many sports, you don't stick a guy who just started playing in with someone who's been camping in IA for a year building up attack GB's, with Rogue Hideouts, experience etc. does this really have to be explained?

A nonsensical post that said nothing relevant.

The point is, it's better now than it was, not perfect. And if they put in an algorithm for what you advocate, someone like you would complain about it, because it will NEVER be perfect.

What you're missing is, you can now be the person that camps if you don't like getting beaten up. You have some control over it. You also will have a much easier time against 100/100 with IA troops, if you have IA troops, than against someone in FE. You'll have a chance to at least do damage, and you'll have a chance to retaliate, unless you're super weak. But, against FE units, you can't do anything. And if you're in a hood with a bunch of them, it's really ugly. The monster with 1m points in IA is still atypical, and you aren't going to get into a hood with 50 of them.

So, easier to fight against, and far fewer, plus you have some control over your hood. I'd call that a significant improvement. But, yeah, I'll agree, it's not perfect, or even close.

DeletedUser26965

A nonsensical post that said nothing relevant.
uh huh, just cuz you said it must be true right?

if they made a weight class system I would be shocked but I wouldn't complain but thanks for attributing what you think you know onto me, must be nice to be all knowing. You should get that god complex checked though.

Algona

right, don't unlock PvP for at least two years, great rule

SJS, you have a bad tell. When you get frustrated you get flippant. I didn't say anything about the implications, you attributing dumb ass thoughts to me is a waste of our time. Go take a whizz and clear your thoughts.

You;re not gonna be able to save us from our collective stupidity when your back teeth are floating.

Ta 152H

uh huh, just cuz you said it must be true right?

if they made a weight class system I would be shocked but I wouldn't complain but thanks for attributing what you think you know onto me, must be nice to be all knowing. You should get that god complex checked though.

I guess you couldn't understand I didn't say you would complain, but someone like you would.

Again you lose an argument, and then attack the messenger to obfuscate once again you are wrong. And no, I'm not going to let you change the argument. We've said it's better, but not perfect, and I agree it could be improved. No, it's not the same as it was, it's far better. Keep attacking me, because you've lost the argument. It's transparent and childish.

Ta 152H

@TA152H is correct in saying this is not really true. Odds are someone staying in IA like that would find few neighbors to attack except other campers. Most new players will move up to EMA shortly after unlocking PvP, so the duration of their stay with this super IA fighter would be relatively short. And the combination you mention is undoubtedly extremely rare, anyway.

Yeah, IA guys with AO and Kraken, not to mention fully leveled attack buildings are quite rare. Players in FE, AF, or OF, not rare at all, and they don't need any boosts to completely annihilate you if you're low age. I'd venture 100 to 1? Maybe I'm off, but it seems like it's about that to me. If not, we can throw in TE, because when you're in LMA fighting those guys, it really makes no difference since you have no chance anyway.

DeletedUser26965

this is not really true
guess you clowns won't accept data either, I know, you're all omniscient of all FoE data, I get it...well futile as it is here's a snapshot of the top dog in all my current IA cities;

IA-cities.gif

uh-huh, these guys in every hood really stands a chance;

same hood.PNG

might as well be facing an OF player.

oh yeah, and of course they all had an array of WF/RF and of course some had other a/d special buildings but yeah yeah, I know, just camp behind PvP fo 2 years, I get it.

Ta 152H

guess you clowns won't accept data either, I know, you're all omniscient of all FoE data, I get it...well futile as it is here's a snapshot of the top dog in all my current IA cities;

View attachment 10175

uh-huh, these guys in every hood really stands a chance;

View attachment 10176

might as well be facing an OF player.

oh yeah, and of course they all had an array of WF/RF and of course some had other a/d special buildings but yeah yeah, I know, just camp behind PvP fo 2 years, I get it.

Again, personal attacks, and more nonsense and lack of perspicacity.

Want to know who's #1 in my hood? I am! Guess what my attack is? 69/54. And that's only recently gone up +6/+6 this week. That's for EMA. When I was in IA, it was lower. Are we done using anecdotes, or should we get stuck on stupid?

So even if I believed your numbers, and I really don't, it wouldn't make any difference, because we've said it might be one or two in the hood. As opposed to 50 in the old hoods.

And you find the weakest person in the hood, and use them as your control? I assumed you were going to say something smarter, but once again you've disappointed me. And that person that is at the bottom can fix his city, get stronger, and can actually fight guys attacking and do damage. Put in 8 ballista, for example, and you're going to nick him up. As you develop more, you can do significant damage, and also counter attack, because even with boosts, they are not NEARLY as formidable as someone in OF. How can you know so little to believe that? You've played this game before, right? Please, stop with the nonsense, it doesn't help your argument, it just makes you look desperate to win an argument you've lost.

So, once again, the simple points you can't seem to contradict are, you have control over where you are placed now. It's far easier to compete with someone our age, than someone many ages over you, where you can't even hit their units. The number of players with the cities you describe are far less than people in ages significantly above yours in IA. And when you get into one of those hoods, you'll end up with 50+ people you couldn't do anything against. Not one or two.

Try to squirm all you want, but you've lost. Even "data" that may or may not be accurate, that indicates in some hoods there's one guy who has decent attack buildings, doesn't change that. Even by your own "data", very few of them have AO and Kraken, so you've contradicted yourself.

Now one more thing to consider is, if they're in IA, they probably don't have a strong defense, since players there aren't going to have the expansions and thus room someone in a higher age does. So, generally, if you've made your city to fight, you should be able to break through.

So, sorry, not quite right. Again.

DeletedUser26965

Again, personal attacks, and more nonsense and lack of perspicacity.

Want to know who's #1 in my hood? I am! Guess what my attack is? 69/54. And that's only recently gone up +6/+6 this week. That's for EMA. When I was in IA, it was lower. Are we done using anecdotes, or should we get stuck on stupid?

So even if I believed your numbers, and I really don't, it wouldn't make any difference, because we've said it might be one or two in the hood. As opposed to 50 in the old hoods.

And you find the weakest person in the hood, and use them as your control? I assumed you were going to say something smarter, but once again you've disappointed me. And that person that is at the bottom can fix his city, get stronger, and can actually fight guys attacking and do damage. Put in 8 ballista, for example, and you're going to nick him up. As you develop more, you can do significant damage, and also counter attack, because even with boosts, they are not NEARLY as formidable as someone in OF. How can you know so little to believe that? You've played this game before, right? Please, stop with the nonsense, it doesn't help your argument, it just makes you look desperate to win an argument you've lost.

So, once again, the simple points you can't seem to contradict are, you have control over where you are placed now. It's far easier to compete with someone our age, than someone many ages over you, where you can't even hit their units. The number of players with the cities you describe are far less than people in ages significantly above yours in IA. And when you get into one of those hoods, you'll end up with 50+ people you couldn't do anything against. Not one or two.

Try to squirm all you want, but you've lost. Even "data" that may or may not be accurate, that indicates in some hoods there's one guy who has decent attack buildings, doesn't change that. Even by your own "data", very few of them have AO and Kraken, so you've contradicted yourself.

Now one more thing to consider is, if they're in IA, they probably don't have a strong defense, since players there aren't going to have the expansions and thus room someone in a higher age does. So, generally, if you've made your city to fight, you should be able to break through.

So, sorry, not quite right. Again.
Yeah I'm real shocked you don't accept actual data, oh, except your one piece of data, yourself, lol. And spare me the victimhood, you insult in nearly every single one of your posts. Yeah, that's one guy, guess you think there are no others in the hood but one guy, genius. I'm not bothering anymore with your insulting made up nonsense.

Ta 152H

Yeah I'm real shocked you don't accept actual data, oh, except your one piece of data, yourself, lol. And spare me the victimhood, you insult in nearly every single one of your posts. Yeah, that's one guy, guess you think there are no others in the hood but one guy, genius. I'm not bothering anymore with your insulting made up nonsense.

Now you play the victim? Too sad. You simply try every technique to win an argument, except those things relevant to it. Which you can't.

To your point, there might be one or two more, duh, but there are many hoods where none are that big. Before you'd end up in hoods where 50 guys were above you, and the ones below you were defenseless too.

I can compete with IA guys, even if I end up losing the battles. I can't compete with FE guys. If I struggle, I can stay in that age, improve my combat abilities, and compete even better. I have some control over where I land.

It's better than it was. Stop taking up a stupid argument that you know isn't true. Just clarify your thinking, and present it as it's better than it was, but it still needs improvement. You'd have more people that agree with you, and I might be one of them. But, if you say it's the same, it's difficult for anyone to agree because it's clearly false.