• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I don't think this is working properly.

DeletedUser26965

Now you play the victim? Too sad. You simply try every technique to win an argument, except those things relevant to it. Which you can't.

To your point, there might be one or two more, duh, but there are many hoods where none are that big. Before you'd end up in hoods where 50 guys were above you, and the ones below you were defenseless too.

I can compete with IA guys, even if I end up losing the battles. I can't compete with FE guys. If I struggle, I can stay in that age, improve my combat abilities, and compete even better. I have some control over where I land.

It's better than it was. Stop taking up a stupid argument that you know isn't true. Just clarify your thinking, and present it as it's better than it was, but it still needs improvement. You'd have more people that agree with you, and I might be one of them. But, if you say it's the same, it's difficult for anyone to agree because it's clearly false.
Okay, I'll restate my position from the start so it's clear, not to convince you of course because I could really care less what you think but to anyone who happens to be dazzled by your silliness. Understand, fundamentally no different means, in the context that I said it, that if an IA player today faces a player with a massive advantage such as with SoZ, CoA, CdM, AO, Kraken etc., they are no better off than facing them than they are higher age units, they get crushed just as equally and just as equally have no recourse for even the slightest hint at revenge. It simply amazes me how this has to be explained to anyone.

Now if someone wants to take the obvious and try to be dismissive, demeaning, minimize it, or portray as if they know without providing anything, that's on them, it's not on me to help them understand if they're that blinded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ta 152H

Okay, I'll restate my position from the start so it's clear, not to convince you of course because I could really care less what you think but to anyone who happens to be dazzled by your silliness. Understand, fundamentally no different means, in the context that I said it, that if an IA player today faces a player with a massive advantage such as SoZ, CoA, CdM, AO, Kraken etc., they are no better off than facing them than they are higher age units, they get crushed just as equally and just as equally have no recourse for even the slightest hint at revenge. It simply amazes me how this has to be explained to anyone.

Now if someone wants to take the obvious and try to be dismissive, demeaning, minimize it, or portray as if they know without providing anything, that's on them, it's not on me to help them understand if they're that blinded.

More nonsense, and from someone that says they weren't going to respond.

You're dead wrong, and you're trying to act like you've got a wisdom no one else can see. This is your style, portray your opposition as doing what you're doing. You insult us, then whine that you won't talk to someone who insults you. Then you do.

Your root argument, which you're trying to weasel out of, is that there is no difference between the old hoods and the new system. You're wrong. Dead wrong. I know it, you know it, and the American people know it. Bob Dole included.

Now, you're trying to restate it to say that fighting against someone with strong attack buildings but the same age as you, is the same as fighting someone much higher age. Also wrong, and if you've played the game, you'd know that. You'll do zero damage against someone much higher age, because you can't even hit their units. Plus, it's nearly impossible to improve your situation in a relevant period of time. I've never been in a situation I could not compete with someone the same age, but I've been in situations where someone many ages higher than me could hit me with impunity.

This is something you should know. Particularly if you've done a good job with your own attack buildings, which you DO have control over.

So, let's stick to your original argument, which everyone knows is wrong, including you, but you're not man enough to just admit it. You said the new system is no better than the old. It is, because you have control over where you land, you can compete more effectively, and the number of players who completely overpower you is much lower than a hood with multiple players several ages above you. And you can deal with it, by moderating the age you advance, and working on your own combat abilities. That didn't work before. I could be the IA guy with 100 att/def, AO and Kraken and still get absolutely annihilated by someone in CE without any attack buildings. Without doing a single point of damage.

DeletedUser26965

Your root argument, which you're trying to weasel out of, is that there is no difference between the old hoods and the new system.
Okay, that's my argument then, in your mind, so you can argue it to yourself. I'm not going to argue against a position I'm not claiming but by all means go right ahead.

Ta 152H

Okay, that's my argument then, in your mind, so you can argue it to yourself. I'm not going to argue against a position I'm not claiming but by all means go right ahead.

and now it's just +100 a/d archers with AO and Kraken vs some guy who just started, fundamentally no different.

Yea, you never said it was fundamentally no different :p. Too funny.

But, at least you've come around to understand that's not quite right.

We can agree then that they still could improve it, but it seems every time you ask for a change from Inno, they manage to create new problems. I can live wit the new system, imperfect as it is, because I fear what Inno will come up with if they "fix" it. Before it was so broken, it was worth the risk.

DeletedUser35296

Thanks for all the replies and explanations. Didn't mean to start a flame war.

My nemesis is obviously a camper. His units are coming at me with 125% attack and 48% defense, and his city boasts lots of GBs, Watchfires and Ritual Flames, but no goods buildings at all.

That's OK. I set a timer on my phone to let me know when goods production is finished. I'm not losing my city defenders, so he can attack all he wants.

Ta 152H

My nemesis is obviously a camper. His units are coming at me with 125% attack and 48% defense, and his city boasts lots of GBs, Watchfires and Ritual Flames, but no goods buildings at all.

That's OK. I set a timer on my phone to let me know when goods production is finished. I'm not losing my city defenders, so he can attack all he wants.

What is he attacking you with? What are your boosts, both attacking and defending? What is his defensive boost (if you attack him for recon purposes, you'll see).

Also, do you have Color Guards, Drummers or Champions? If he's attacking with rogues, these could be very significant.

DeletedUser35296

His attacking army: 4 Crossbowmen and 4 Trebuchet. Attacking boost = +138%, defense boost=90%

My army: 3 Knights, 2 Armored Infantry, 1 Champion, 1 Military Drummer, 1 Rogue. Attack boost=+6%, defense boost +50%

Last battle I cost him 1 Crossbowman, injured 1 other, and didn't touch anything else.

I don't need to attack him to know I don't stand a chance. I count 12 Ritual Flames, two full Cherry Blossom sets and a level 10 Deal Castle alone in his city.

I can wait...

Ta 152H

His attacking army: 4 Crossbowmen and 4 Trebuchet. Attacking boost = +138%, defense boost=90%

My army: 3 Knights, 2 Armored Infantry, 1 Champion, 1 Military Drummer, 1 Rogue. Attack boost=+6%, defense boost +50%

Last battle I cost him 1 Crossbowman, injured 1 other, and didn't touch anything else.

I don't need to attack him to know I don't stand a chance. I count 12 Ritual Flames, two full Cherry Blossom sets and a level 10 Deal Castle alone in his city.

I can wait...

Well, those units of his should be pretty easy to damage significantly, but you've got the wrong defense.

Lose the rogue and the AI. They're useless. Just a rule of thumb, if you're going to use a drummer, don't use rogues unless you're in IA. Pop in more champs or knights, and you'll do extensive damage to him. Since he's not using rogues, knights will be fine, but if he starts using rogues, champs are better because they'll ignore them to hit "normal" units.

Since even with the drummer you'll get two hit by the x-bowmen, go all fast. 8 Champs/Knights will do some damage to him. Stop him? Not with that weak of a defense, but you certainly can do some damage that will make him think twice.

DeletedUser32973

I for one am very comfortable in my IA diamond farms auto-battling...bullying?... weaker members of the hood for my daily quests! I'm fine with the current system tbh. If you race through the tech of course you're going to have a harder time with your hood mates. I don't think a few super campers are really ruining the game for everyone.

I'm not sure how they'd "fix" this anyway. Like if you based it off of boosts or ranking points you'd have the same problem in tech disparity as before, and if you based it off all three...boosts, points, and tech...then you've have 5 person hoods with super campers. I guess if you wanted super campers to be punished that would work XD.

DeletedUser26965

So 2 out of the 21 players in spot #1 in your hoods have the combo you mentioned. That is not very many. Interesting that you limited it to the top players only. How many out of the top 5 in each hood? Probably still 2, and then it would be out of 105 players. How many out of the top 10? Probably still 2, and now it's out of 210 players. Want me to look up the definition of rare for you?
That's fine Stephen, if you want to take what I said as the absolute standard for the concept of unfairness, then okay, so in your world then they could have 500% A/D, A lvl 500 traz, a level 1000 A/O but as long as they don't have a Kraken then what I'm saying isn't true and it's fair then, great.

funny though looking back I found this, I knew I had a pic of this one here, now if I can just recall the other thread where this was brought up again NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback;

WRvYAbQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30900

That's fine Stephen, if you want to take what I said as the absolute standard for the concept of unfairness, then okay, so in your world then they could have 500% A/D, A lvl 500 traz, a level 1000 A/O but as long as they don't have a Kraken then what I'm saying isn't true and it's fair then, great.

funny though looking back I found this, I knew I had a pic of this one here, now if I can just recall the other thread where this was brought up again NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback;

WRvYAbQ.jpg
hmmm? what you actually try to say? The "fair play" thing that you keep selling to everyone? Appearly nobody is buying.

DeletedUser31882

While I do think the current system is fundamentally fair, the one thing that it does not take into account is time in game.

We all do have the same opportunities, but those of us who have played longer have a huge advantage in exploiting those opportunities.

Having the hood shuffle based on a time played range & FPs spent in tech seems like a good compromise to me. I never have warmed up to the balancing of hoods by atk%, since this could be potentially manipulated(Drummer schools, splitting/re-combining set pieces, etc). Time played cannot be. The downside is, casual players will still be at a disadvantage to the hardcore ones, which is probably the crux of the of the fairness argument. Some view the difference in power unfair, but where is the 'fair' line drawn? Or is the game meant to play into the idea of might makes right? *shrugs* I'd rather Inno implement a reward system that gives incentive to 'nice neighbor' play(Comparable to plunder, which aiding is not) before attempting to balance hood shuffling again.

uh-huh, these guys in every hood really stands a chance;

Darnit SJS, you've put me into a position to condescend to you! I'll keep that part brief: I don't see your mode of attack as something that will convince anyone to budge from their position. Feels like an angry lash-out at best and trollish intent at worst. In my book, at least.

To be more fair, in regards to that specific IA player, if they have unlocked PvP they aren't going anywhere as a player. Those kind of noobs need a LOT more work to save than balancing Hoods would ever bring. Plus, plunderers have less incentive to target them, even if plundering that player would be more disruptive when compared to other cities. My point: Using that player as the poster child of 'Think of the little guy' is a backfire to your overall argument. It reads to me like a subtle troll or blind passion than any real regard for the little guy.

That being said, I like the data spread. Especially that K world camper.

Don't worry on the 'starting a flame war' thing. Any post in regards to plundering tends to light people's passions. I think those two enjoy butting heads too boot. So, if you look at it from another point of view, you've brought them some enjoyment.

Sounds like that player is a plunder camping beast; I wonder if they are farming GE for T.Farms? Regardless, you have the best defense that can save you from all future plunderers. If timers get tiring, look into farming up those Watchfires/Ritual Flames. Especially if you start snagging some vulnerable buildings from DCs, Events or GE. Anywho, apologies for the unsolicited advice. As others have answered, that is the current norm of hoods. I also second their advice on defense set-ups so you can maximize that players losses. Just be prepared for them to adapt to your new Defense line-up after their first Pyrrhic victory.

hmmm? what you actually try to say? The "fair play" thing that you keep selling to everyone? Appearly nobody is buying.

Eh, I may buy a form of it, but I'm still haggling for a 'fair' price. o_O

DeletedUser31592

Children! Get along or you will all go into time out!

SJS- You are correct that ON OCCASION, there are players far stronger than the rest of their neighborhood. But as mentioned, this is the exception, not the rule.

The pre-hood-reform free-for-all was much worse. The disparity was unreal. You had multiple players in your hood every single rotation that were far stronger than the rest. Instead of having one bully sometimes, you had 20 or more bullies ALL OF THE TIME. You could not run or hide. It was impossible.

DeletedUser15539

In defense of the old system, it did make it easier to get the blueprints you were looking for through M/P, and the goods you were looking for through the DT.

I'm not aware of anything in life that has ever been perfectly fair, and I don't expect anything in FOE to be the first. Don't be in such a hurry to advance in tech age, muscle up so you can compete, and do your collections on time.

DeletedUser26965

SJS- You are correct that ON OCCASION, there are players far stronger than the rest of their neighborhood. But as mentioned, this is the exception, not the rule.
Unfortunately my position has been so mischaracterized that it's not even my position you're taking issue with, it's the made up position by others. So I'm not arguing a non position.

I advocate a weight class type hood system. Right now hoods generally like this;

1111.PNG

I advocate for something more like this;

2222.PNG

now that's a simplistic visual refrence, you can look here NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback for more info.

DeletedUser35296

People can also acquire advance age troops as well, gaining units above their current tech without actually advancing into that age. So there's that.

In checking my nemesis' city I noticed a lot of high level GB's that aren't even available at my tech level. How does he get an Alcatraz, and others, when the docs tell me that's a Progressive Era GB? Obviously we can't be at the same stage in the tech tree, right?

DeletedUser8428

In checking my nemesis' city I noticed a lot of high level GB's that aren't even available at my tech level. How does he get an Alcatraz, and others, when the docs tell me that's a Progressive Era GB? Obviously we can't be at the same stage in the tech tree, right?

Acquiring a GB is not a matter of the tech tree .. it's a matter of acquiring the blueprints (which can be obtained by aiding other players, can be obtained as quest rewards and can be obtained with diamonds) and acquiring the goods necessary for each building. Those can be obtained as quest rewards or purchased with diamonds if you are not in the age of the GB. And you can certainly be at the same stage in the tech tree.

wolfhoundtoo

There are some people that also will trade forge points to get goods. You would need to find a good/trusted player to do that and of course I'd suggest you do the trade in stages.