• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I know, but I don't know why.

Yugi the 7empest

Earlier today I was enjoying the thrill and excitement of mo/po and tavern sitting for my newly increased friends list. Nothing says riveting and exciting game play like "click, click, click, click, next page" for the better part of 10 minutes. Easily the most mind numbing chore in any online game EVER. I'm no expert on the afterlife, but if there is a hell, I'm pretty sure you'll have to mo/po 12 hours a day.

So I know that an "aid all" button has been brought up more times than the perceived GBG imbalance and the idea has never and probably never will see the light of day. I know that. But I don't know why. What is the rationale Inno provides for not making this drudgery more bearable? I've always chalked it up to the "Inno doesn't get it" answer, you know, like "medals is a great gold relic reward". So what is the answer to this age old "why can't we aid all" question?

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

You won't like the answer "because Inno says so". That's the only answer you are going to get I suspect regarding Inno's decision making process. They don't share much on the whys mainly (totally my opinion is coming next) because people think that means people think they need to be convinced that Inno is correct. That's not the case.

On a side note I agree with Razor as to the most likely reason but no one knows.

Emberguard

But I don't know why. What is the rationale Inno provides for not making this drudgery more bearable?
They haven’t given an answer on the why so everything in this post is speculation as to plausible explanation. Possibly it’s got too much conflict of interest between player strategies / unbalances it too much towards plunder protection

• Code. There may potentially be things within the code that would make it problematic to implement
    • What happens if multiple players Aid All at the same time and have the same friends?
    • This is likely going to be compounded through:
      • global 1.x threads increasing in popularity
      • the friends invite limit being removed makes 1.x threads more viable, therefore crossover in friends lists is likely going to become much more common then it has been in the past
  • Great Building Bonuses
    • Are the servers going to have issues processing 140 Aids all at once?
      • If no: Are the players devices going to be able to handle it or will peoples games crash?
    • Which resources are given to each player in the event of multiple people aiding at the same time?
  • Plundering
    • Will this effectively remove plundering from the game?
      • If yes: Why defend if everything is protected? What use will City Defense boosts be reassigned to? Is PvP Arena sufficient for that purpose? What effect would it have on players that have built their entire cities around defense against plunderers?

Emberguard

You won't like the answer "because Inno says so". That's the only answer you are going to get I suspect regarding Inno's decision making process. They don't share much on the whys mainly (totally my opinion is coming next) because people think that means people think they need to be convinced that Inno is correct. That's not the case.

On a side note I agree with Razor as to the most likely reason but no one knows.
At least we know at this point in time the answer is no

@lordwasa : Do you have news about :
- Buy Forge with Coins in bulk ?
- Motivate and polish your entire friends list with one click ?
The option to buy Forge Points in bulk is something that is being discussed about but won't be part of our current Community Sprint.
The option to motivate and polish all friends with on click has been rejected and will not be introduced into the game.

Ebeondi Asi

I play three Worlds, I now have at least 130 Friends and usually 65 to 79 Guild members too. I aid every one of them (Sadly not the Hood. I used to aid the Hood, I just woud rather be abe to immediately counterattack Hoodie attacks on my City) and the hood is good for filling Quest needs for aiding too)
So after aiding everyone, everyday, hundreds over and over and over.. no problem.

When Inno sent out the questionnaire asking want thing do you most want. I did not choose the aid all button (which was on the questionnaire) . I asked to be able to add up to 140 Friends.. ( I got my wish.(actually it seems far more players wanted the 140 Friends than wanted an
aid all button) . Now instead of aiding three times 80 Friends, i can daily aid three times 135 Friends. Plus three times 135 tavern too.
All you guys wanting an easy time. Phooey.. Take it. do the work. why ask for a free ride. Foe wanting you to work for the reward. no big deal.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

They haven’t given an answer on the why so everything in this post is speculation as to plausible explanation. Possibly it’s got too much conflict of interest between player strategies / unbalances it too much towards plunder protection

• Code. There may potentially be things within the code that would make it problematic to implement
    • What happens if multiple players Aid All at the same time and have the same friends?
    • This is likely going to be compounded through:
      • global 1.x threads increasing in popularity
      • the friends invite limit being removed makes 1.x threads more viable, therefore crossover in friends lists is likely going to become much more common then it has been in the past
  • Great Building Bonuses
    • Are the servers going to have issues processing 140 Aids all at once?
      • If no: Are the players devices going to be able to handle it or will peoples games crash?
    • Which resources are given to each player in the event of multiple people aiding at the same time?
  • Plundering
      • If yes: Why defend if everything is protected? What use will City Defense boosts be reassigned to? Is PvP Arena sufficient for that purpose? What effect would it have on players that have built their entire cities around defense against plunderers?
Another issue with an aid all button, how will that aid all button take into account the Free Blueprints, Truce Tower goods, and seed vault?

Daniel The 4ger

I think the reason that they haven’t implemented this is it would have a massive effect on the game servers. Already when you mo/pothe game has to calculate what buildings there are, what gbs there are to give you bps, what age of building you just mo/pod to give you goods, and then it would have to do that 140 times in a short span of time. Have you ever experienced lag when you put down a bunch of streets or used the collect all button? It’s be much worse than that.

The Lady Redneck

The AID button IS the improvement. Before it came along we had to click to enter each persons city in our guild, FL, and Hood individually then click to choose to either polish or motivate. That would place a star over every building that we could choose, then we had to click it. And all Guilds were a full 80 members. Hoods 80 FL 80 plus So that was 3 clicks X 240. every day (720 clicks at least). And you did not get coin or anything else as a sweetener for doing so. And if you played in more than one world, you repeated the process.

Aethelcatt VIII

The AID button IS the improvement. Before it came along we had to click to enter each persons city in our guild, FL, and Hood individually then click to choose to either polish or motivate. That would place a star over every building that we could choose, then we had to click it. And all Guilds were a full 80 members. Hoods 80 FL 80 plus So that was 3 clicks X 240. every day (720 clicks at least). And you did not get coin or anything else as a sweetener for doing so. And if you played in more than one world, you repeated the process.
:eek:

Joeyjojojo

And you did not get coin or anything else as a sweetener for doing so.
Wait, pre-Aid, you didn't even get the coin pittance? I certainly remember going into cities to polivate, and I'm pretty sure I got coins, though, tbh I really don't remember if that was pre Aid button, or if it was in my figuring things out/extra OCD phase.

Ebeondi Asi

Yes it is true the very earliest players really did have to walk uphill (both ways) five miles in raging blizzard to get to and from the coal mine they had to work in 12 hours a day seven days a week. Plus in the very earliest days they had to pay to aid (is my understanding?

Pericles the Lion

Could INNO's reason be as simple as "if it's too much of a burden then don't do it."? Sure, it's drudgery but it's only 5 minutes a day if you're into daily mo/po.

The Lady Redneck

I remember when they introduced the flat rate reward for aiding. Up until then if someone in your hood was in a guild that your guild was fighting in GvG. You did not aid them as that was seen as helping the enemy. After they started giving coin. It was ok to aid them so you did not lose out. but you had only to aid the most insignificant deco in their city.

Then when they started to increase the amount you got per age I thought they had it backwards.LOL. It was the lower ages who should get more coin as they were the ones who really needed it. Once your city was established and you had coin rolling in why would you need more. So start with a higher amount which dropped down to 20 by the time your reached the top ages ( Colonial at that time) Am sure that idea would have went down really well LOL

Personally, I prefer doing it individually.

As I understand it, hitting the AID button randomly polishes or motivates something in the city. I don't believe that polishing somebody's hedge (or even house) actually helps them in any significant manner. If they need that little bit of happiness to stay at 100%, that would be quite the coincidence. Likewise, as far as I can see, once your city is properly established, you'll have plenty of gold.

What does help would be extra supplies, as these are constantly needed when actively upgrading the city. By doing this manually, I can make sure I motivate a supply building.

Maybe I'm just hopelessly good-natured, but that's my 2 cents.

Ebeondi Asi

The auto aid also aids/motivates their current Era items first. in the order as Emberguard wrote, And all current Era are also higher in priority than items in previous Eras. I beleieve someone mentioned of their Blacksmiths were aided, then they know all else has been aided. due to that aspect of aiding.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The option to motivate and polish all friends with on click has been rejected and will not be introduced into the game.
The worst part of this to me was that the aid all button was actually one of the options in the survey poll that Inno sent out asking what the player base would like to have added to the game during the community sprint, and then it was rejected after people voted for it.

Nothing says we value your input more than being an indian giver.

Pericles the Lion

• Plundering
I'd only be guessing but I think Emberguard hit the nail on the head. If a player can aid all of his hood, friends and guild with a single click (or maybe 3 clicks?) I think that most would do so when a large percentage don't currently. I would think that this would eliminate plundering (140 friends, up to 80 guildmates and 70-ish hoodies = lots of polivated buildings = no plundering = no need for city defense)