• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I know, but I don't know why.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'd only be guessing but I think Emberguard hit the nail on the head. If a player can aid all of his hood, friends and guild with a single click (or maybe 3 clicks?) I think that most would do so when a large percentage don't currently. I would think that this would eliminate plundering (140 friends, up to 80 guildmates and 70-ish hoodies = lots of polivated buildings = no plundering = no need for city defense)
There is no need for city defense anyways, since high defense won't stop a moderately boosted attack. Collect on time, no plunder.

In most cases non-motivated buildings don't get their better collections anyways so were never worth plundering. With just a few exceptions the only buildings that have ever been worth plundering are those that can't be motivated in the first place. An aid all button wouldn't affect plundering to any great extent.

Thanks for the clarifications everyone!

I do have some follow up questions, though.

I have never seen a goods building get motivated, and when I manually motivate, it seems that goods buildings are not eligible. Does this actually happen wth the AID button? If so, that is a good argument for using the AID button.

When you say units, does that mean military units? Does it speed up the production of these?

Agent327

Goods buildings can't be motivated.

Units are military units. Production is speed up by Guild level and Tavern bonus. Not by aiding.

Johnny B. Goode

I have never seen a goods building get motivated, and when I manually motivate, it seems that goods buildings are not eligible. Does this actually happen wth the AID button? If so, that is a good argument for using the AID button.
No, goods buildings cannot be motivated by any means.
When you say units, does that mean military units? Does it speed up the production of these?
Yes, when someone here says "units", they generally mean military units. No, it does not speed up production of them, because military barracks cannot be motivated. What was being referred to is that some special/event buildings may produce units when they are motivated, in the same way that Shrines of Knowledge produce Forge Points when motivated.

wolfhoundtoo

The worst part of this to me was that the aid all button was actually one of the options in the survey poll that Inno sent out asking what the player base would like to have added to the game during the community sprint, and then it was rejected after people voted for it.

Nothing says we value your input more than being an indian giver.

They never said they guarantee whatever we picked and voted for would be done. I'm too lazy to go back to the post but i'm pretty sure they said quite plainly that it what was picked might not happen depending on the item picked.

Emberguard

It’s possible it was a case of getting the list of what people want first, then once the votes are in looking at the feasibility and how much time they would need VS how much time they had

Ebeondi Asi

I did not vote fo aid all button. I voted for the all 140 Friends can be chosen choice. MY selection was the one added. So IMO more people probably asked for open 140 than aid all. LOL We may never know..

wolfhoundtoo

Here we go i had more time today and went through the general announcements thread (it's really near the top) and took this from their post (and go back and read the post there definitely was no promises made and quite a few well noted warnings of the limits):

Finally, we must also reiterate, with any suggestion that there is no guarantee of its implementation. We are of course grateful for the time you are taking to provide it, and will consider them with the relevant teams, however we will only be able to move forward with a few (based on popularity and our ability to implement them within the game). So please do keep that in mind, when forwarding your suggestions.

67Sage101

I don't really care about m/p for neighbors...so no issues if we just had an aid-all button for friends and guild mates. I hate neighbors especially the ones that take advantage of the outdated and hugely frowned upon game mechanic of robbing your neighbor. There is a way around plunderers that involves nothing of wasting silver in the tavern on city defense. It's called on time collection. Personally I use 5 diamonds and the daily collect all button...which reminds me...if there ever is an aid all button...what you want to bet it costs.......5 diamonds. How many people will like it then. I can already hear the complaints.

Ebeondi Asi

No defense is a great strategy. Frees up a lot of space otherwise wasted on city defense.
It took me a long time to really understand no defense. I agree no defense is not a great strategy for new players. The need every little bit they earn. and usually cannot make it a collect all once every 24 hours easily. So for new players in low ages I would say follow your own heart. But once a player has no Era Goods productions, and no Era housing, going to no City defense makes a lot of sense.

Emberguard

.what you want to bet it costs.......5 diamonds. How many people will like it then. I can already hear the complaints.
At 5 diamonds I see no reason to complain. It’s worth so much more. I’d be inclined to think 50 diamonds would be reasonable, and would see complaints :p

wolfhoundtoo

And that is no doubt part of the problem for Inno. Even putting aside the various programming issues that were mentioned earlier, Inno strives (from my viewpoint obviously) a balance between getting revenue from people for convenience and temporary boosts without putting off anyone who wants to play completely for free. I really think and aid all button that costs diamonds would not be worth the community outrage that would no doubt erupt.

Ebeondi Asi

What I see is Diamonds save time. that is the main way Diamonds fit into the game*. So Diamonds being required to do a one button aid all makes a ton of sense. In the same way the Five Diamond collect button does.
* (The exception is in Events. Where spending Diamonds does gain things you just could not have enough tokens to win more prizes)

Kranyar the Mysterious

They never said they guarantee whatever we picked and voted for would be done. I'm too lazy to go back to the post but i'm pretty sure they said quite plainly that it what was picked might not happen depending on the item picked.
I was talking about the survey that Inno sent via email, not the poll on the thread. In the thread they did say that, yes.