• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I lost all my big neighbors.

• Thread starter DeletedUser26154
  • Start date

DeletedUser26154

Hello, the latest neighborhood shuffle removed all my high-era neighbors.
Before.
old neighbors.png

After.
new neighbors 1 2.png

These people were already in my neighborhood, two are friends, and the rest are on very good terms.
But I lost access to a lot of Future and Arctic Future BPs by aiding.
Also lost to me now, are their advanced GBs with tasty medals, BP and FP returns for contributing.
By being TheCrownRan's neighbor and GB contributor, I received 5 Habitat blueprints.
I was able to complete the Habitat set because of him.
All my late-era neighbors were great. I earned high-era BPs from all of them.

images (6).jpg

I am saddened by this neighborhood shuffle.
I miss my previous neighbors and wish them well.
Good bye my friends. I hope to see you all again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Sorry to hear that, I still don't understanding how merging works even after reading these threads:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/changelog-0-10-1-bug-fixes.272/
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/neighborhood-merges.4124/

Is there some other more current thread I'm missing that explains it better? Because "These chunks will then be merged with parts of other neighborhoods at a similar level of advancement within the tech tree." doesn't make sense to me when I look and see BA players at the bottom and PME era players at the top.

DeletedUser25273

I don't know of any recent postings describing the actual algorithm of how the neighborhood shuffle actually works, just those ancient descriptions.My first guess is it must include factors beyond just points/age, as otherwise the wide neighborhoods wouldn't occur (but perhaps even as simple as a rule that a neighborhood isn't broken up if certain conditions hold might explain many of the results, as you might end up with some widely separated pieces as what is left. It sounds like they have been experimenting in Beta with some changes to the algorithm, and who knows if they have decided to try some of them on the main servers. My experience has been that most neighborhoods have been fairly close in points/era, and the more widely separated ones were the exception (but very real to you if you were in one of them).

DeletedUser23781

One of the neighborhood restructuring purpose was to rid 'excessive plundering' of higher ages onto lower age members. There were endless complaints on this topic. I remember this being an issue when I first started playing. My strategy was to aide my new neighborhoods and if I got attacked, just ask them to step off since they were so far ahead of me. Of course many players just love that aspect and plunder people to pieces
and care less about 'playing nice' with lower age members.

DeletedUser14197

There was another solution they could have done. They simply could have disabled the ability for people to plunder anyone but players their own age. They could have attacked them, but not plundered them. Than the hoods could be very uneven and it wouldn't have really mattered. I doubt people would have liked that solution either.

DeletedUser14197

Hello, the latest neighborhood shuffle removed all my high-era neighbors.
Before.
View attachment 2137

After.
View attachment 2138

These people were already in my neighborhood, two are friends, and the rest are on very good terms.
But I lost access to a lot of Future and Arctic Future BPs by aiding.
Also lost to me now, are their advanced GBs with tasty medals, BP and FP returns for contributing.
By being TheCrownRan's neighbor and GB contributor, I received 5 Habitat blueprints.
I was able to complete the Habitat set because of him.
All my late-era neighbors were great. I earned high-era BPs from all of them.

View attachment 2139

I am saddened by this neighborhood shuffle.
I miss my previous neighbors and wish them well.
Good bye my friends. I hope to see you all again.

I have lost neighbors I would have preferred to keep too thruout all the time I have played. One time I lost a hood of high level players, many times people I donated to their great buildings. Of course, I was out of invites as well, though I have been able to add some who sent me a request. It really doesn't matter which way they shuffle the hoods, one will always have the possibility of losing neighbors they would prefer not to lose during a shuffle.

DeletedUser14197

the new system hasn't taken place yet I thought?

No, it hasn't taken place yet. I lost neighbors I would have preferred to keep more than once on the old system. It can happen with any system as long as there is an occasional shuffle