• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I love the in world trading post,... and heres another dandy of an idea,..

DeletedUser19359

I love that trading post to get rid of crap im never gonna build in my cities. I was told it was an impossible dumb idea. and now we have that. That's pretty cool !!
Now i thought of an idea, i'm sure someone else probably already thought of it too, ..like minds and so on.
It would be nice when we click on a players avatar/profile, alongside the message/aid stuff, etc. That we cold see the trades that the player has posted in the market. It would be more convenient as opposed to filipping through all the trade pages. Just a pleasant idea.

Godly Luke

I love that trading post to get rid of crap im never gonna build in my cities. I was told it was an impossible dumb idea. and now we have that. That's pretty cool !!
Now i thought of an idea, i'm sure someone else probably already thought of it too, ..like minds and so on.
It would be nice when we click on a players avatar/profile, alongside the message/aid stuff, etc. That we cold see the trades that the player has posted in the market. It would be more convenient as opposed to filipping through all the trade pages. Just a pleasant idea.
NO! The people that post pages and pages of trades would become annoying. Trolls would increase. -1

DeletedUser37581

No thank you. I don't need other players' spam trades pushed into my face.

Not to mention the huge extra load this would place on the servers. And the extra bandwidth requirements.

Graviton

The only reason I can see for this feature is that you want to trade with a specific player instead of looking for specific goods. I could actually see this reducing trade spam, if people know that others can see what they're offering by clicking on their avatar. On the other hand it might be something that would take awhile for people to get used to.

I would not use this at all, and I don't see that it would be used very much by others either, but of course I could be wrong. So personally I'm a -1 but if it's not going to mess with my game play I can go +1 and leave it up to the devs.

barra370804

No thank you. I trade goods. Could not care less who offers them.
I know this might not apply to you, but some people like to help others that they play with regardless of what the trade is. Don't tell me scrolling through pages of the marketplace can't be annoying

Agent327

I know this might not apply to you, but some people like to help others that they play with regardless of what the trade is. Don't tell me scrolling through pages of the marketplace can't be annoying

Like I said. Ingame messages will take care of that.

Vger

Like I said. Ingame messages will take care of that.
Um, no. You are suggesting that your Bud posts some trades, then has to send (SPAM!) those trades in an IGM to people that might help them.
OP, and @barra370804 are suggesting a passive (no SPAM!) way for you to help out your Bud. The person posting the trades does nothing special. People that want to help this person need to be proactive by checking their trades, and taking them if they want to be helpful.

It does require being proactive about being helpful. As @barra370804 said, might not apply to you.

(If this was an actual proposal, I would probably give it a -1, because I don't think it is worth the dev effort. But not because you can already do it with an IGM.)

Agent327

Um, no. You are suggesting that your Bud posts some trades, then has to send (SPAM!) those trades in an IGM to people that might help them.
OP, and @barra370804 are suggesting a passive (no SPAM!) way for you to help out your Bud. The person posting the trades does nothing special. People that want to help this person need to be proactive by checking their trades, and taking them if they want to be helpful.

It does require being proactive about being helpful. As @barra370804 said, might not apply to you.

(If this was an actual proposal, I would probably give it a -1, because I don't think it is worth the dev effort. But not because you can already do it with an IGM.)

Picture this.

Bud only sends the message to me.

Emberguard

Chances are your bud would first have to send you a message in order to inform you there's trades to be taken.

It's more likely a player would go "here's some of the trades, there's a bunch more I need but I don't want to put all of them in the message so check the market for the rest" (currently happens in guilds now) then for you to not get a message at all.

DeletedUser

Picture this.

Bud only sends the message to me.
Picture this. Bud has many trades posted. You want to help him out. Present methods:
1. You simply scour the market looking for his name. Maybe it's a slow week and it's quick and easy. Maybe you're in a hood with multiple trade spammers and it takes forever.
2. You go to the market and filter for the goods you have available and look for his name with each one. Tedious at best.
3. He sends you a message attaching all his trades (which is a pain in the butt for more than a few) and you have to scroll through and take the ones you can, with the message auto-scrolling to the end after each trade you take. Fun times. Not.
4. He messages you that he has a ton of trades he needs help with. You message him back that you want to help, but only have certain goods available. You further make a list of goods you can trade and message that list to him. He then goes through his trades with that list and attaches only the trades you can take to a message. Yeah, that's an easy one. :rolleyes:

Now. Picture a new method.
1. You click on Bud's avatar and one of the buttons is labeled "Trades". You click on that button and Bud's trades appear. You take the ones you can and then exit to your city.

You tell me honestly which method makes more sense. You may not need/use it, but there are several times it would have been very useful to me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As to the proposal, I would be in favor of having a button for this when clicking on "Bud's" avatar, but not in favor of having the trades automatically show up when you click on the avatar.

Agent327

Picture this. Bud has many trades posted. You want to help him out. Present methods:
1. You simply scour the market looking for his name. Maybe it's a slow week and it's quick and easy. Maybe you're in a hood with multiple trade spammers and it takes forever.
2. You go to the market and filter for the goods you have available and look for his name with each one. Tedious at best.
3. He sends you a message attaching all his trades (which is a pain in the butt for more than a few) and you have to scroll through and take the ones you can, with the message auto-scrolling to the end after each trade you take. Fun times. Not.
4. He messages you that he has a ton of trades he needs help with. You message him back that you want to help, but only have certain goods available. You further make a list of goods you can trade and message that list to him. He then goes through his trades with that list and attaches only the trades you can take to a message. Yeah, that's an easy one. :rolleyes:

You forgot 5

Bud messages his list and I take what I can.

Now. Picture a new method.
1. You click on Bud's avatar and one of the buttons is labeled "Trades". You click on that button and Bud's trades appear. You take the ones you can and then exit to your city.

Easier on Bud, not on me. Still have to go through that list. If Bud wants my help he can work for it.

You tell me honestly which method makes more sense. You may not need/use it, but there are several times it would have been very useful to me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So?

Am I supposed to be in favor of things that make your gameplay more easy for you?

Coming from the guy that used to be against devs wasting time I find this rather funny.

DeletedUser

You forgot 5

Bud messages his list and I take what I can.
That was number 3. Have you ever had a message with a ton of trades attached? Every time you take a trade, it auto-scrolls back to the end of the message and you have to manually scroll back up to the trades still available. It's a royal pain in the you-know-what. Add in that you won't be taking all of them, so those won't disappear as you go, and it's even worse.
Am I supposed to be in favor of things that make your gameplay more easy for you?
Nope. But this has general application. I probably won't use it very much at all, but it would benefit a great many other players, in my opinion.
Wouldn't it be easier and almost as convenient to add a merchant filter to the market?
Yeppers. In fact, I would support this ahead of the current proposal.