• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I *loved* the game.

DeletedUser32355

I've tried 25 of them, and they all have the Arc virus.
Y has the Arc virus real bad. If you want a good guild that unlocks GE4 and helps you with your trades and aids you... you have to let the Arc virus get you. (190% threads aren't bad, but they take the fun out of sniping and leveling GB's.) :(

DeletedUser

Y has the Arc virus real bad. If you want a good guild that unlocks GE4 and helps you with your trades and aids you... you have to let the Arc virus get you. (190% threads aren't bad, but they take the fun out of sniping and leveling GB's.) :(
I had a good guild that unlocked level 4 GE every week. And had 2/3 of the guild finish it every week, too. They still kick butt at GE, but we've lost several members simply because of the Arc virus. And the 2 leaders I had started an Arc-only thread on the one week when I didn't have internet. We kicked butt at GE, had an active trade thread where trades rarely went unfilled, not to mention several swap threads from 3 up to 50 FP. All without the Arc virus. But there is no vaccine when Arc-itis hits.

EnamIccug

I had a good guild that unlocked level 4 GE every week. And had 2/3 of the guild finish it every week, too. They still kick butt at GE, but we've lost several members simply because of the Arc virus. And the 2 leaders I had started an Arc-only thread on the one week when I didn't have internet. We kicked butt at GE, had an active trade thread where trades rarely went unfilled, not to mention several swap threads from 3 up to 50 FP. All without the Arc virus. But there is no vaccine when Arc-itis hits.

You can have all that while also leveling your Arc. :)

I guess I just don't understand your disgust toward people who are utilizing more of the game that Inno has created. It would be like someone being outraged that you open GE4 every week.

RazorbackPirate

You don't understand because you have the virus.

Sanctimonious much?

You just have an inability to deal with changes to the game and any play style different than your own.

I've tried 25 of them, and they all have the Arc virus. I even tried to have a guild on Yorkton without the virus, but since I didn't ban players from having the Arc, it got in anyway. Now I have people that left to hyper-level their Arcs, and 2 leaders that want to cater to the virus to keep from losing more.

The problem is not the other 25 servers that play the game as it now exists. That you would even think about banning members of your guild from having the Arc, wow. That hostile to hyper-leveling the Arc and you're surprised they left? Sounds like your leaders have a better grasp of reality than the founder.

Sorry to hear you're keeping your city on Vingrid. With the game gone so horribly wrong you should delete that one too.

DeletedUser

You just have an inability to deal with changes to the game and any play style different than your own.
Proof that you don't know me. I use various different play styles, and I've adapted to numerous changes over the 3+ years I've been playing.
That you would even think about banning members of your guild from having the Arc, wow.
Where did I say I banned players from having the Arc? Nowhere. Never came close to saying that. What I didn't allow was Arc-specific leveling "clubs" sanctioned by the guild. Officially, that is. Members were free to have Arc threads on their own, they just weren't "official" guild threads.
Sorry to hear you're keeping your city on Vingrid.
I don't know why. It has no effect on you whatsoever.

Graviton

It's all about perspective. I don't play this game to be Number One in anything. I play because I enjoy it. If I wanted to be Top Dog I'd spend real money, but I don't, and thus I don't expect to be the best at any aspect of the game. It doesn't bother me that others do, that's fine. Somebody else's power levelling doesn't affect me at all. I don't play this game to be in a mad scramble to beat everybody else, I play to be entertained. But, different things entertain different people; it's all about what you want out of the experience.

Sorry to see you go, King.

DeletedUser26965

I've tried 25 of them, and they all have the Arc virus. I even tried to have a guild on Yorkton without the virus, but since I didn't ban players from having the Arc, it got in anyway. Now I have people that left to hyper-level their Arcs, and 2 leaders that want to cater to the virus to keep from losing more.
I think you do a disservice to your guildmates by trying to run a guild which disenstivies Arc leveling. I mean of course you can do what you want but hopefully you let players know upfront before they join that your guild could care less about Arc and has no intention on building them up. You seem to have this same disdain for GvG and Recurring Quests, which is fine, I don't have much love for the PvP structure.

GE seems to be your thing and having a GE guild. Given that I would think you would want to have all your guildmates to have an Arc and leveling them so they have more to level other GB's so GE is easier. They wouldn't need OBS or Atom so that would give them more space as well. You're essentially making GE more difficult than need be by not making it part of the overall GE Guild strategy. But that's okay too if you're not worried about always trying to be #1 every week and it's more of a casual thing.

The main purpose of the Arc is to have higher ROI in order to level other GB's faster and easier in order to perform better in GvG, GE and PvP, and I guess DC's to some extent. AF GE is now at a high of 275%, something to consider for a GE guild. Of course if one is not highly competitive in GvG, GE and PvP they can completely ignore the Arc if they wish, I suppose they can ignore it if they are into these things as well but at their own peril.

DeletedUser

I think you do a disservice to your guildmates by trying to run a guild which disenstivies Arc leveling. I mean of course you can do what you want but hopefully you let players know upfront before they join that your guild could care less about Arc and has no intention on building them up. You seem to have this same disdain for GvG and Recurring Quests, which is fine, I don't have much love for the PvP structure.

GE seems to be your thing and having a GE guild. Given that I would think you would want to have all your guildmates to have an Arc and leveling them so they have more to level other GB's so GE is easier. They wouldn't need OBS or Atom so that would give them more space as well. You're essentially making GE more difficult than need be by not making it part of the overall GE Guild strategy. But that's okay too if you're not worried about always trying to be #1 every week and it's more of a casual thing.

The main purpose of the Arc is to have higher ROI in order to level other GB's faster and easier in order to perform better in GvG, GE and PvP, and I guess DC's to some extent. AF GE is now at a high of 275%, something to consider for a GE guild. Of course if one is not highly competitive in GvG, GE and PvP they can completely ignore the Arc if they wish, I suppose they can ignore it if they are into these things as well but at their own peril.
The two guilds I've been leading (one of them I'm no longer with) finish 1st in GE 90% of the time, so I don't think "neglecting" the Arc has hurt them in the least. The times we've not finished 1st are usually attributable to players going inactive without warning (or in one case, getting banned).

DeletedUser31308

The two guilds I've been leading (one of them I'm no longer with) finish 1st in GE 90% of the time, so I don't think "neglecting" the Arc has hurt them in the least. The times we've not finished 1st are usually attributable to players going inactive without warning (or in one case, getting banned).
And how many members of those guilds were FE+?

DeletedUser26965

It just stands to reason, logically speaking anyway, that if one wants to do GE competitively the best chance for any given player to do so is to assure themselves with enough goods if negotiating or enough bonus and units if fighting and the best way to do that is through GB's and the best way to do that is through Arc. Of course if they're in IA they'll have a much easier time and can probably ignore Arc but the higher in age one gets the more that becomes a reality. It's not an absolute of course, I've gotten by just fine without any high level GB's and go 64 in GE evey week typically on the first day, but I don't think anyone else plays like me either so lol.

DeletedUser10720

As much as I dislike the effect the arc has had on the game and how players have become so obsessed over it, I do believe that it is a bit of a necessary evil. Or at least, it's existence.
Considering the alternative idea of a FoE game that had no arc and L10 caps, the rates at which leveling / rewarding / tech and all these costs goes up, medals and expansions. They get to huge numbers quite rapidly in these later ages.
Something needed to be put in place that would both offer an incentive for people to donate to other players, but something that could yield enough of a reward to create an income to offset these hugely growing costs.

Rather than lament about its negative aspects and how it's changed the game. I'd like to see something that can challenge it's stranglehold. As well as something that would motivate a larger.percentage of players to move up in tech and camp less.

DeletedUser32355

All my other online games died all at once. :(:(:(:(:(
So I'm (not guaranteed) coming back! :D:D:D:D:D

I want to join a great guild but don't want the Arc virus. o_O

ShadowWarlord

I plunder a guy almost daily, who has 128 million points when I only have 42 million! He also attack me daily but gets nothing, he has everything higher than me but still, he is in big lose against me. His guild also losing in a big way against my guild, they moved down from rank 2nd to rank 8th. Disproving your point about power corruption. This game does benefit people who work hard ;)

Your point about repetition is true. it is really annoying to click on aid button or clicking on 10 fp button on gb contribution.

Emberguard

It seems to me that the Arc bonus was added for two reasons. The first being the GBs of that age improved your BP income and there's been a rough theme as to how the GBs of a age are strctured, the second to fill in the ever increasing FP demands.

Having the arc means you have a easily scale-able income. Something which if you want to keep adding ages to the game is a good thing. The problem isn't the Arcs existence, it's that you're able to obtain it at any point during the game, and once a player does have it high enough they have such a significant advantage that they could bump off anyone without a arc from ever being able to get contribution income (something which is a crucial thing to have for any player - arc or no arc). You can't alter the ability to obtain an arc now because then new players or those who haven't yet built it would be at a massive disadvantage to the rest of the game.

Had the arc been something else, like adding FPs + BPs to the town hall or increasing the output of FP event buildings based on the lvl of the arc then we'd shift the strain away from contribution rewards. What effect that'd have on hyper lvl'ing fighting GBs I can't say for absolute certain. It may be that the devs recognised a need for hyper lvl'ing certain GBs in order to compete with increasing unit bonuses and therefore went with contribution increases.

It may also simply be the devs misjudged the impact a arc would have on the game.

Last edited:

RaveWolf

After not playing for a week I have decided to quit the game (maybe temporarily, or permanently). My reasons for quitting are:

1. Power corruption. I was trying to get away from games that ever-increased their players' power to make them happy. I realized this has already happened in FoE (the ARC much? :rolleyes:). But at least they made some place for n00bs to start. :)
  2. Repetition. Another thing I didn't like in a game. While many games of this style are repetition-based, it gets annoying after a while. Pressing a button 200 times (*cough cough* AID!) every day isn't fun.
  3. It's going inactive soon. I can feel it. Most games that have reached this point of power corruption don't last for even a few months longer. I played Dragons of Atlantis and Kingdoms of Camelot till their death, and in both games, there was never more then 3 people online at a time. Scripts and bots were floating everywhere to automate the game. Considering Forge of Empires had already hit power corruption , it going to downhill really, really fast. :(
I loved this game for the 8 months I played it, but am now quitting due to the above reasons.

If you would like to play this game until the end, have fun :)D) but remember what I said about it. :oops: I would play it to the end with you, but I've seen enough game die out this way I'm just quitting.

And with that, I'm now leaving.

*King Zack the Almighty has now left the building, to be only be seen again in replies in this thread. ;)*

Only 8 Months... You haven't even started yet!!
I've been playing every single day since July 2015.
Not leaving any time soon...
Anyway, each to there own I guess. All the best.