• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I need a mentor!

SirTofT

I just started 5 days ago. I plan on playing this game for a long time.
I have a lot of questions and need a mentor to call on regularly for answers.
Thanks,
Sir T of T

SirTofT

I have the first five types of troop. In "Story Quest" I am asked to acquire East-Nagach. How do I do this?

Aggressor

East Nagach is a province on the campaign map where you fought your first battle. You conquer it by taking all sectors of it. To see which province it is you need to scout it by paying coins and then view it and look at the banner with its name on it.
What world are you on?

Emberguard

I have the first five types of troop
That's good. Early on at some point it's a good idea to have all 5 so you can experiment with fighting and find out each units strengths and weaknesses in battle. This goes both for Auto and Manual fighting. You'll need to pay attention to the bonuses for your units.

For your convenience here's a list of the symbols I've compiled from Desktop screenshots. Mobile doesn't have the text, only the symbols

unknown.png

I have the first five types of troop. In "Story Quest" I am asked to acquire East-Nagach. How do I do this?
See the province in my screenshot that's lit up? That's East-Nagach. It's a couple provinces above the Iron age tower. Just capture all sectors in that province

1596034769440.png

Farfle the smelly

I think you would benefit from some of the beginner tutorials on YouTube. They helped me immensely when I started a month ago.

My three favorite channels:

FoEHints
FoElites
Lilliana The Magnificent

I would start with Lilianas ‘battling in Iron age’, or it might be called fighting in Iron Age, I don’t remember.

SirTofT

East Nagach is a province on the campaign map where you fought your first battle. You conquer it by taking all sectors of it. To see which province it is you need to scout it by paying coins and then view it and look at the banner with its name on it.
What world are you on?
I'm in the world "Korch".

SirTofT

I'm still in Bronze Age.
I'm very close to filling all of the Research Technologies. Should I do or finish anything before I use any Forge Points in Iron Age.
On that matter, what constitutes being in Iron Age?

Farfle the smelly

I didn’t glarg (the link above) extensively but I did glarg, and it did help.

Other than that my biggest advice is not to rush through Iron. Stay there and get comfy. Your biggest focuses should be building goods, getting a status of Zeus as high as you can, learning how the fighting units work against each other, and finding a great guild. Or at least those are mine. I plan to stay in Iron for quite a while.

The downside is that you have a lot less space to work with, but I think ultimately it’s to your benefit as it will force you to think strategically about your game and how you’ll build resources in a constrained environment. This will come in handy later in the game.

SirTofT

I just glarg'd. I have over 100k coins now and a lot of blueprint pieces.

What constitutes entering the Iron Age?
I have completed all of the research except "Paths" in the Bronze Age. Just waiting to do that upon understanding of advancing from one Age to the next.

Last edited:

Farfle the smelly

Right now you’re rather protected from being plunderable, which can help you build resources without interruption, which could be an early strategy. Lady Gato spent a good time in Bronze and just jumped to Iron. Maybe she can pop by and share her pre-Iron experience.

Distant Calliope

I started in late March.. part of the C19 recruits. lol
All of this is good info. Also, hunt around for a guild. You can leave if you cant get much help. Its always ok to change guilds. When you hit the right one you will know. Good advice, questions answered, trades picked up and FP swaps to get BPs and level great buildings.
There are lots of guilds.
I had one GB going into Iron age. Delphi.. Camp in Iron age for a bit get your Zeus, ToB, CoA. Don't wasted time on the Coliseum and Notre Dame. If you find a good guild and make some friends you can probably trade up and get CdM too. A great building.
Army is standar rock, paper scissors, lizard, Spock. Just learn it. You'll need to memorized the symbols if you are on a mobile device.
Dont waste diamonds on production buildings.. Just get the best ones available in your age. Get the ones with the most production value..

Emberguard

Thinking about it more it is much easier to get BPs once in Iron Age. You won't have to worry about plundering until unlocking Military Tactics so you can always research everything upto there and leave Military Tactics until you're comfortable unlocking it.

For BPs the only advantage to staying in Bronze is your random BP rewards received will be between Tower of Babel or Zeus guaranteed. But you'll be restricted in how many ways you can receive BPs. You'll be wanting to guild hop and/or do recurring quests if you're intending to get GBs in Bronze Age. Being in Iron Age gives you access to Guild Expedition and contributing to other GBs which will speed up the process and give you a greater FP income.

Of course the event tasks will also increase in the amount of resources you'll be asked to part with if you advance to Iron Age but you'll also have access to Guild Expedition for tasks that ask for Expedition encounters or battles to be done