• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[I.R.L.] Backyard Flora and Fauna

CherryButterfly

Beautiful Bald Eagles, I live right by the Potomac River, so people report big dead fish in their yard frequently, not realizing the Eagles drop them sometimes. Other long-legged water birds, Hummingbirds, Robins, Cardinals, Goldfinches, House Finches, Chickadees, Blue Jays, Brown-headed Cow Bird, Owls, not sure the type, but I hear them.
Raccoons, Possums, Ground hogs, Rabbits, Skunks, (my daughter always called them Stunks), Chipmunks, Squirrels, Blue-tailed Skinks, other little lizards, lots of little green frogs, Toads, a big one lives in my garden, lots of Butterflies. I've seen Coyote both here and at my parents' house in crowded No. Va., right outside Washington, D.C., Bears, although I haven't seen them myself close in, others spot them going thru the trash cans from time to time.

CherryButterfly

Snakes, of course, Copperheads, Black snakes. I see them climbing trees to get into my birdhouses, sometimes. My brother-in -law fixed a neighbor's heat pump, saw a 5/6 foot FAT snake skin in the rafters of their basement. Didn't tell them, we just figured (hopefully) that it had been there awhile!

I am in central Kentucky, close to the woods.
Snakes: Lots
Snapping turtles: All
Spiders: Yup
Deer: Seen about once a month
Foxes: Rare
Coyotes: Oh yea
Vermin(all): Of course, but the skunks are rare
Insects(Including scorpions, but they are rare): Most
Turkeys: Seen a few times a year
Oh, and tons of fat squirrels.

AwesomeAadi10

You guys have so many cool animals! All I have are things like squirrels, robins, blue jays, cardinals, sparrows, woodpeckers, and probably some other types of birds. I don’t look at the sky very often. I also have deer, maybe a fox not sure, bees, moths, wasps, a lot of ants, spiders, grasshoppers, stink bugs, beetles, lady bugs, garden snakes, etc. Yeah, I don’t have many cool animals lol.

Lady Gato

I also live in the country so I have the same wildlife that you'all listed. But we just moved into a new to us house that has wide windows that are closer to the floor so now my dog can see out of many windows. He has discovered bunnies close to the house. And the other afternoon he scared us with all of his loud barking over the momma bunny who had her two tiny bunny babies with her. He scared momma so she ran one way and the babies ran the other way and ended up underneath our parked lawn mower. Luckily our dog is an inside dog so no bunnies were harmed.

Lady Gato

@jreese7990 And the wildlife hasn't drug you outside yet? It's raining here currently and my 110 lb catahoula leopard is very happy to be inside. Water from a green pond is good, water from a nice rain is bad (according to him).