• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[I.R.L.] What are everyone's hobbies?

Farfle the smelly

What is swapbot?
I great way to swap items with other folks here and internationally (happy mail, etc). There’s a very large postcard exchange and folks can get super serious about it. But they also exchange arts and crafts projects, even music playlists. It’s super fun! Just google swapbot and you’ll be able to see some of the challenges without signing up I think.

MarktheMagnificent

I great way to swap items with other folks here and internationally (happy mail, etc). There’s a very large postcard exchange and folks can get super serious about it. But they also exchange arts and crafts projects, even music playlists. It’s super fun! Just google swapbot and you’ll be able to see some of the challenges without signing up I think.
I will, thanks for the tip.

Triopoly Champion

Oooh, I do something similar IRL, and have been thinking of making a project with the CountLove protest data. I haven’t figured out just what I want to do with it yet.
I like to do the statistics especially for the Covid spreading overlaps. My software functions in several different math bases, so I get to compare the difference of colors when integrating the map using the alternative formula.
United States Dozenal Map 07-03-1204.png

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

Why does it say 2004? Are you comparing it to other viruses, like H1N1 or something?
(Decimal 2,020 = Dozenal 1,204) I use different math bases to mark the color milestones, then compare the color graphs with the decimal version from a month earlier, so I immediately realize that California, Arizona, Georgia are spreading particularly fast. New Jersey and Massachusetts are doing much better.

Exponential math can be compiled with different bases to check the growth rates. I expect Florida will rise over (dozenal 100,000 or decimal 248,832) very soon, likely within a week later on July 10th or 11th, 2020.

Farfle the smelly

(Decimal 2,020 = Dozenal 1,204) I use different math bases to mark the color milestones, then compare the color graphs with the decimal version from a month earlier, so I immediately realize that California, Arizona, Georgia are spreading particularly fast. New Jersey and Massachusetts are doing much better.

Exponential math can be compiled with different bases to check the growth rates. I expect Florida will rise over (dozenal 100,000 or decimal 248,832) very soon, likely within a week later on July 10th or 11th, 2020.
:-|

Triopoly Champion

Tucker, is that due to them not having any alabaster mines in Florida?
There's a main reason why I like the Alabaster Mine deposit so much in FoE game because of the home state I live in -
https://www.stonecontact.com/quarries-1851/utah-alabaster-quarry

Sorry, I was trying to keep up but I dozenaled off :D
When I updated the decimal version of the map, I kept have to change the colors for at least several states -
Arizona: Purple to Magenta
Georgia: Purple to Magenta
Hawaii: Dark Red +1 to Dark Red +2
Oregon: Dark Red +3 to Black
South Carolina: Black to Purple
United States Map 07-07-2020.png

Only Nevada turned from dark red to black from the previous version, saved time when using the dozenal base -
United States Dozenal Map 07-07-1204.png

Last edited:

Farfle the smelly

Speaking of archery, I’ve been seriously considering getting into it. I don’t know why. Just seems like a good hobby for the end of the world, no?

lissaj

Is the cooking a direct result of the archery? And are nature and crochet separate or is this a hobby at one of those colonies?
Archery and cooking not related I was taught to hunt but have never been able to make a kill shot.i just like being in the woods so morning to do with crochet my granny taught me and it can be relaxing

plinker2

I like FoE. I have a degree in IT so I like computers and such. I like firearms. Plinker (casual shooting of firearms). I LOVE the outdoors and I like working with kids in local sport teams. I like doing work with the Church I attend as well.

Last edited: