• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

IA UnPlunderable Diamond Farm Thoughts/Ideas

• Thread starter DeletedUser31440
  • Start date

DeletedUser31440

Ahoy hoy,

So I've got an IA diamond farm on Y that I'm keeping PvP locked on and have been self leveling my GB's. Right now I'm at a point where I can easily sustain GE 4 each week without any difficulty and I don't really have any need/desire to continue leveling my current GB's any higher.

ToB - 10
OoD - 10
Obs - 7
Zeus - 5 (will be 6 in a few hours)
LoA - 2
ToR - 2 (will be 3 in a day or two)

I could continue leveling Zeus and ToR up to 10 and it would improve the city, but it wouldn't be necessary. So instead what I'm thinking about doing is stealing a play from tuck and starting to buy EMA-LMA goods for fp's to help out with the guild's trade market. I'll probably do this for 2 or 3 months to build up a decent stockpile of goods while I'm waiting for more people to start selling Indy and PE goods, then put down a Capitol and CF, drop all my housing and production buildings, add a few more goods buildings and WW's/FoY's. I can't really see any reason not to buy the EMA-LMA goods, other than I could put the fp's on the ToR or Zeus. Just looking to throw this idea around a bit and see what some other people think about it, or if anyone can rip a hole in my thought process that I'm currently blind to.

DeletedUser33036

It would take quite awhile, but a long term goal might be to build a seed vault for some more diamonds. Also yoy only need 15/15 to beat GE level 4?

DeletedUser31440

It would take quite awhile, but a long term goal might be to build a seed vault for some more diamonds. Also yoy only need 15/15 to beat GE level 4?

I can negotiate all the way through GE and still make extra goods each week. I've started fighting through levels 1 and 2 though. Seed Vault would be a good addition but I don't expect to even get a bp for it in the next 6 months, let alone find a AF goods dealer on Y.

DeletedUser32328

So instead what I'm thinking about doing is stealing a play from tuck
Then it cannot fail!

In my view a diamond farm should involve as little work as possible. So I wouldn't want to do tons of aiding to get that seed vault to work.

DeletedUser32389

Here's my questions: Is it worth the space you lose by not advancing to keep the plunderers out?
A diamond farm is already a once a day collection right?
How many expansions have you been able to produce without unlocking pvp?

DeletedUser31440

Here's my questions: Is it worth the space you lose by not advancing to keep the plunderers out?
A diamond farm is already a once a day collection right?
How many expansions have you been able to produce without unlocking pvp?

Pre-PvP tech I still have 4 expansions that I can unlock, but I'm saving them for events. Right now I've got room for 14 goods buildings, but I'll open up more space when I get a Capitol down.

Snarko

I'm also creating an IA diamond farm. My plan is to get SoZ and CdM, possibly even CoA. Time is important for a diamond farm. The less time you need to spend per farm the more diamond farms you can have. Autobattle is the fastest way to progress in GE so being able to autobattle is, in my opinion, a big win.

DeletedUser32973

I can negotiate all the way through GE and still make extra goods each week. I've started fighting through levels 1 and 2 though. Seed Vault would be a good addition but I don't expect to even get a bp for it in the next 6 months, let alone find a AF goods dealer on Y.

I'm curious as to what strategy you're using to sustain your goods production for the entire expedition. I like to not having to micro-manage my diamond farms, and I haven't really found a great way to get through GE 4 without treating it like a main world.

DeletedUser31440

I'm curious as to what strategy you're using to sustain your goods production for the entire expedition. I like to not having to micro-manage my diamond farms, and I haven't really found a great way to get through GE 4 without treating it like a main world.

4 of each IA boosted good building, 3 of each BA boosted good building. Post trades once a week to even out inventory and run the goods buildings on 8-4-8 cycle. No fp swaps, just self level and now I'm buying 10 fp's worth of CA goods per day to get EMA-LMA goods to help with the guild trade market.

DeletedUser32973

4 of each IA boosted good building, 3 of each BA boosted good building. Post trades once a week to even out inventory and run the goods buildings on 8-4-8 cycle. No fp swaps, just self level and now I'm buying 10 fp's worth of CA goods per day to get EMA-LMA goods to help with the guild trade market.

Hmm that doesn't sound too bad. I wasn't sure trades could sustain it consistently. I'll have to try it out, though I may get plundered a bit since I've unlocked PVP on all my IA diamond farms (I'm not exactly great with collections on my off worlds).

DeletedUser29218

I started my first and only diamond farm in BE and went full blacksmiths because at the time I didn't know RQs only give diamonds once.
Now I'm doing GE in autobattle and spending FPs twice a day (some days I completely forget to log in though). Haven't gone past lvl 2 in iron age yet... I wonder how much bonus is needed to finish everything with autobattle.

Edit: 60% without alcatraz doesn't cut it at all

Last edited:

DeletedUser31498

The difficulty for me in my diamond farm was actually in tavern silver. Tough getting a good list of friends, and also visiting them enough for me not to feel bad. Also, I suffer from the need to make the city better than it needs to be.

Also, I didn't realize how bad the ToB scales after level 10. gains 50 pop per level, really bad for a diamond farm. Debated getting a traz and RH, but probably not worth the space and i have a decent enough friends list I should be fine on silver for a while.

DeletedUser31440

The difficulty for me in my diamond farm was actually in tavern silver. Tough getting a good list of friends, and also visiting them enough for me not to feel bad. Also, I suffer from the need to make the city better than it needs to be.

Also, I didn't realize how bad the ToB scales after level 10. gains 50 pop per level, really bad for a diamond farm. Debated getting a traz and RH, but probably not worth the space and i have a decent enough friends list I should be fine on silver for a while.

I can't say I share your tavern silver problem, but I do agree about ToB after level 10. I think Capitol & CF is the way to go for a diamond farm. If you stay in IA those 2 will give you all the coins and supplies you'll need and leave the rest of the space for goods buildings and WW's/FoY's. If you're going fighting style then replace goods buildings with barracks Zeus and CoA.

DeletedUser31498

Is the chateau for the random rewards from events? Otherwise I just don't want to spend any time RQing in that world.

DeletedUser31440

So this is where I'm currently at on my Diamond Farm on Y -

Diamond - Current.JPG

Things are running well, able to fight through most of GE, usually stopping around half way through the third level to conserve rogues then switch over to negotiating the rest of GE. Right now Zeus is at 10 and CoA is at 5 so I'm running 47/45 on attack. I'll continue to level CoA up to 10 and I have everything needed for my version of a fully upgraded Cherry Garden (Gong, Emp's Ent, & Sakura at lvl 2), so hopefully I'll be at 72/60 in a few weeks. Right now I'm working on getting bp's for the Capitol, then I'll buy the goods, put her down, and get rid of those ugly houses. I think 72/60 should get me through half of GE4 with minimal rogue losses while auto-battling, if not I'll go back to my drawing board and find a way to get a CDM in. After the Capitol goes down this is what I should be looking like:

Diamond - Future.JPG

This set up keeps the same number of goods buildings (3 each boosted BA, 4 each boosted IA), BA buildings are all 3x3 so they can be replaced by FoY's/WW's once I get my stocks up to a level I'm happy with. The TF will be a placeholder until I get the bp's and goods for CF then direct swap of the two. Right now I've got everything pictured with the exception of 1 RH and 1 SSW, but with DC's and GE those shouldn't be hard to come by. Biggest issue I think I'll face is that I will not have happy citizens, but supplies and coins will come through GB's so not a huge deal, but does hamper events. Although since my goods buildings are all small I could delete those and plop down FotA's and GotSG's when needed.

Does anybody have experience with auto-battling through GE 4 in IA? If so, what level att/def did you have before you were succesful in pushing through GE 4? Did you go Traz route for rogues or were you able to get by without? Also any critiques, advice or questions are welcome.

DeletedUser32973

Does anybody have experience with auto-battling through GE 4 in IA? If so, what level att/def did you have before you were succesful in pushing through GE 4? Did you go Traz route for rogues or were you able to get by without? Also any critiques, advice or questions are welcome.

This is what I'm wondering as well. Currently my plan was to get all 3 attack GB in IA to lvl 10, a traz, and rogue hideout. Then delete all other buildings except for WW. But there must be a point before that where it's still doable to auto-battle through GE4.

DeletedUser29218

So this is where I'm currently at on my Diamond Farm on Y -

View attachment 9681

Things are running well, able to fight through most of GE, usually stopping around half way through the third level to conserve rogues then switch over to negotiating the rest of GE. Right now Zeus is at 10 and CoA is at 5 so I'm running 47/45 on attack. I'll continue to level CoA up to 10 and I have everything needed for my version of a fully upgraded Cherry Garden (Gong, Emp's Ent, & Sakura at lvl 2), so hopefully I'll be at 72/60 in a few weeks. Right now I'm working on getting bp's for the Capitol, then I'll buy the goods, put her down, and get rid of those ugly houses. I think 72/60 should get me through half of GE4 with minimal rogue losses while auto-battling, if not I'll go back to my drawing board and find a way to get a CDM in. After the Capitol goes down this is what I should be looking like:

View attachment 9682

This set up keeps the same number of goods buildings (3 each boosted BA, 4 each boosted IA), BA buildings are all 3x3 so they can be replaced by FoY's/WW's once I get my stocks up to a level I'm happy with. The TF will be a placeholder until I get the bp's and goods for CF then direct swap of the two. Right now I've got everything pictured with the exception of 1 RH and 1 SSW, but with DC's and GE those shouldn't be hard to come by. Biggest issue I think I'll face is that I will not have happy citizens, but supplies and coins will come through GB's so not a huge deal, but does hamper events. Although since my goods buildings are all small I could delete those and plop down FotA's and GotSG's when needed.

When autobattling, do you do it directly from the expedition menu, or you do a few commands in the battle then press auto? Also, which rogue setup do you use?

DeletedUser31440

When autobattling, do you do it directly from the expedition menu, or you do a few commands in the battle then press auto? Also, which rogue setup do you use?

Depends on the encounter and number of waves. I'll either do heavy + 7 or fast + 7, sometimes I'll do 8 fast on single wave all ranged. Some encounters I'll go in and hold the single unit back before autoing, sometimes I'll play two turns or more. On single waves I'm usually alright with autoing without entering and sacrificing the single unit to protect the rogues. With no Traz on Y I find myself going deeper into battles to save rogues, slower than I'd like it to go though.