• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] IA: Which Military Barracks To Keep

• Thread starter DeletedUser40721
  • Start date

DeletedUser40721

I'm a newbie currently in the IA. I just unlocked Mounted Archers and built the barracks so my question is, should I keep all the other barracks as I'm on the way to Mercenaries, Mounted Calvary, etc. I currently have one Soilder, Legionaire, Archer, Mounted Warrior and Ballista. At what point do you begin removing older units. Also, at this point I suck at combat. The Barbarians kicked my butt several times. I was 1 of 6 against them.

In case this is helpful: I have a lot of production buildings, maybe too many.

DeletedUser

You're actually in EMA (Early Middle Ages) if you've unlocked Mounted Archers. My advice would be to get rid of the Legionnaire barracks immediately and then get rid of the Soldier Barracks when you unlock Mercenaries and get rid of the Mounted Warrior as soon as you unlock Mounted Cavalry. Archers can still be very useful in EMA, so you might want to keep them for a while. If you do Guild Expedition you'll get unattached units from it on the 3rd, 7th, 11th and 15th encounters of the first 3 levels, and that can enable you to do with fewer barracks. You'll get a total of 4 units by completing level 1, 8 units by completing level 2 and 12 units by completing level 3. This means that you can earn 24 unattached units (current era) per week by completing the first 3 levels of GE.

DeletedUser40721

Thank you Stephen.

Can you recommend a site/thread that clearly explains battle tactics for a newbie? I've read different threads here and picked up pieces but I'm looking for a thorough training guide like in one location.

DeletedUser

Thank you Stephen.

Can you recommend a site/thread that clearly explains battle tactics for a newbie? I've read different threads here and picked up pieces but I'm looking for a thorough training guide like in one location.
Unfortunately, I cannot. I know there are YouTube videos you can google that purport to explain FoE fighting, but I've never found them useful, although by the time I saw them I had been playing for a while. So maybe they would help. I learned pretty much everything I know about FoE fighting from either trial and error or little tidbits I've picked up here and there over the years from other players in-game and on the Forum.