• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ideas to replace Store Building in Jade Relic

DeletedUser35475

With the coming of reconstruction mode the Store Building item has lost a lot of value. Since it is one of the rewards possible for a jade relic it probably should be replaced least it become the ancient face of the jade relic sun god.

I hope Inno has some good ideas on what to replace it with.

A few suggestions (certainly subject to modification) for ideas on a potential replacement are:
A time rush for ALL buildings, GB and everything. It could be 1 hour, 4 hours, 12 hours whatever seems to be good enough reward to need a jade relic to get
A Forge Point or a goods building boost that increases the output of a single building x% 1 time.
A building that provides 1 troop from the era each day, sort of a poor mans Alcatraz but no Rogues.
A boost that satisfies a Tavern Silver spend or collection in a quest.

Jade relics are hard enough to get and the rewards should be unique since you only have a 1/6th chance of getting any particular one.

Any other ideas out there?

DeletedUser35475

Do you have any idea how the reconstruction mode actually works?????

You are making no sense at all.

Yes. You can rearrange your buildings in your city any way you like off line so there is no need to use a store building to make space to try different arrangement, which is one of the big uses for it. Sure it will still have a use but it will lose 1/2 it's value.

DeletedUser35475

I've never used a store building kit to rearrange my city, so I disagree with your thought process. I use store building kits to store items that I get replaced with items won from GE, DCs, and events that I want to keep.

I have only used them to remove something to make space. I don't really see the need to save an old age building to use in the post modern age but maybe some people want that, it's not my call and they may consider it valuable. I know that the value is decreased even if you personally never used it only to make space because others have, just like I never store an old building I know I will never use just to save it.
It has also become not a rare item. I had 3 when the soccer event started now I have 10 just because I used Joe 'Items' Evens for some passes or got it by scoring goals and there is still another 20 quests to solve so at least 3-4 more uses of Joe to get even more not to mention the possibility of it showing up as a daily special.
Given you have ~5% chance of getting any given jade relic reward after an encounter if your Temple is level 75 (the highest one in my wold) it seems to me that the jade relic rewards should be both extremely useful, extremely valuable and extremely rare. The store building will not be any of those after this event and reconstruction is implemented. It will have some value but a lot less than before. It will become the face of the ancient for the jade relic, you groan when you get it because of the lost possibilities.
It's not like I am suggesting getting rid of it just replace it as a reward for a jade relic. You can still get it many other ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31592

You are thinking too literal. Broaden your perspective.

Let's say I have a full Cherry Blossom set. I age up. I win a new Zen Zone. Instead of using a One-Up/Reno Kit on my current Zen Zone, I can store it and replace it with the new current aged one. Once I get another full set (or enough of a set to configure a full boost), I can then take it back out of storage. (And likely use a reno kit then- but I could have aged up two more times since then, making a reno kit less of a waste).

I basically use store item kits as a way to manipulate around one-up and reno kits.

Store item kits are also helpful if you are using Terrace Farms, Bazaars, Cider Mills, etc... for goods. You NEVER want to use a one-up/reno kit on these because the population demand increases. But maybe you don't have room for all of the Terrace Farms at the moment. Store the old era one, plant a current era one earned through GE. Once you have the space and begin using them for FPs, you will be very happy you have that early era TF. It produces the same amount of FPs for a fraction of the population.

What I most use a store Item for is to store the same three Bazaars over and over again. Two Terrace Farms take the same space as three Bazaars, yet the FP output is 10 to 6. So as I get new expansions, I plant the Bazaars. If I win a new Terrace Farm, two go into storage. If I get another TF, the third goes into storage. More expansions? Repeat the process. I can't even tell you how many times I've done this.

Agent327

Yes. You can rearrange your buildings in your city any way you like off line so there is no need to use a store building to make space to try different arrangement, which is one of the big uses for it. Sure it will still have a use but it will lose 1/2 it's value.

Why?

If you can rearange your city without needing extra space you don't need it. If you need extra space it makes more sense to simply delete a large building. No need to waste a storage kit. You can only use them on special buildings anyhow.

Agent327

Given you have ~5% chance of getting any given jade relic reward after an encounter if your Temple is level 75 (the highest one in my wold) it seems to me that the jade relic rewards should be both extremely useful, extremely valuable and extremely rare.

The game is about choices. If someone chooses to built his Tempel that high, why should he be rewarded for it. If players decide to place as much SoK's they can, should those start giving 2 fp's once they have placed 50?

DeletedUser35475

You are thinking too literal. Broaden your perspective.

Let's say I have a full Cherry Blossom set. I age up. I win a new Zen Zone. Instead of using a One-Up/Reno Kit on my current Zen Zone, I can store it and replace it with the new current aged one. Once I get another full set (or enough of a set to configure a full boost), I can then take it back out of storage. (And likely use a reno kit then- but I could have aged up two more times since then, making a reno kit less of a waste).

I basically use store item kits as a way to manipulate around one-up and reno kits.

Store item kits are also helpful if you are using Terrace Farms, Bazaars, Cider Mills, etc... for goods. You NEVER want to use a one-up/reno kit on these because the population demand increases. But maybe you don't have room for all of the Terrace Farms at the moment. Store the old era one, plant a current era one earned through GE. Once you have the space and begin using them for FPs, you will be very happy you have that early era TF. It produces the same amount of FPs for a fraction of the population.

What I most use a store Item for is to store the same three Bazaars over and over again. Two Terrace Farms take the same space as three Bazaars, yet the FP output is 10 to 6. So as I get new expansions, I plant the Bazaars. If I win a new Terrace Farm, two go into storage. If I get another TF, the third goes into storage. More expansions? Repeat the process. I can't even tell you how many times I've done this.

That is certainly a way to use them but for a lot of people it's not how they are used, they are used to create space which the
reconstruction mode eliminates. So even if you never used them that way it was, and currently is, one of their uses.

Remember I am not saying get rid of them, just replace them as one of the rewards in the jade relic. You will still get store buildings and can use them any way you like. My point is they are just not as valuable now as they use to be.

DeletedUser35475

Why?

If you can rearange your city without needing extra space you don't need it. If you need extra space it makes more sense to simply delete a large building. No need to waste a storage kit. You can only use them on special buildings anyhow.

Why do you think you know how I should build or rearrange my city? Maybe I just want to experiment and don't want to delete a large building. Just because you use them one way doesn't mean everyone does.

DeletedUser35475

The game is about choices. If someone chooses to built his Tempel that high, why should he be rewarded for it. If players decide to place as much SoK's they can, should those start giving 2 fp's once they have placed 50?

But if the jade relic is the rarest of relics shouldn't the rewards for getting one also be rare? That is all I am saying.

Of the jade relic rewards the store building is now not nearly as valuable plus it can be gotten simply by solving an encounter on multiple levels of the GE even if you don't have a temple. The Terrace farm and Sky watch can only be found 1/2 way through GE 4 (I think) or from a jade relic so I would consider them rare even though I have seen cities with a lot of them. Those cities are definitely the exception. Getting a store building from making a pass in the event or from solving an encounter in GE 2 and other levels makes if far less than rare plus the loss in value to people who just used it as a temporary storage to rearrange their city seems to me to make it a pretty lame jade relic reward.

RazorbackPirate

Why do you think you know how I should build or rearrange my city? Maybe I just want to experiment and don't want to delete a large building. Just because you use them one way doesn't mean everyone does.

Just because you use them incorrectly, doesn't mean everyone does. Use them how you want, but they shouldn't be replaced. In the Jade relic, or anywhere else. They are hard enough to get as it is.

I have never used Store Building to temporarily make space during a redesign of my city. I have always used it for its intended purpose, to put a Special Building back into inventory when I no longer want it in my city. I don't know which, or if any, of the buildings I've stored will ever make it back into my city, but I do know I don't want to permanently delete them.

If you want to permanently delete the Special Buildings you've received, feel free. The rest of us will continue to use Store Building for its intended purpose, put Special Buildings back into inventory.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35475

Just because you use them incorrectly, doesn't mean everyone does. Use them how you want, but they shouldn't be replaced. In the Jade relic, or anywhere else. They are hard enough to get as it is.

Gee I didn't realize there was a correct and incorrect way to use them. Yes they are so hard I have gotten 7 in the 10 day.

I guess it never occurred to you that everyone doesn't play the same way you do.

Graviton

The word "correct" is a poor choice, I agree with that. There's using it to store special buildings for which there's currently no room, which makes it more valuable; and and there's only using it to rearrange your city which, in your words, makes it less valuable.

Value is subjective, so it's going to depend not only on how a player uses it, but also how many a player has. Somebody who does all four levels of GE every week is likely to have a lot more SBs than somebody who doesn't. I play seven worlds, across which I have as few as six and as many as sixteen.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35475

The word "correct" is a poor choice, I agree with that. There's using it to store special buildings for which there's currently no room, which makes it more valuable; and and there's only using it to rearrange your city which, in your words, makes it less valuable.

Value is subjective, so it's going to depend not only on how a player uses it, but also how many a player has. Somebody who does all four levels of GE every week is likely to have a lot more SBs than somebody who doesn't. I play seven worlds, across which I have as few as six and as many as sixteen.

They can be used both ways so if you remove one of the ways it decreases it's value. That is what I mean. It may not decrease the value to you in particular but as an item it has less uses. It is also much more readily available than some of the other items you can get from a jade relic. Of the 6 items you can get from one I think it now has the least value and all I'm talking about is what could replace it, even if it was nothing so you increase the chance of getting the others.

The same argument could be made about the face of the ancient and gate of the sun god reward in the common relic. At least get rid of one as they have the exact same specs so you really have a 33% chance of getting one. But they are considered common so they don't have the cache of the jade. Getting a jade reward should be like Christmas.

RazorbackPirate

Gee I didn't realize there was a correct and incorrect way to use them. Yes they are so hard I have gotten 7 in the 10 day.

I guess it never occurred to you that everyone doesn't play the same way you do.

Instead of incorrectly, let's just say, contrary to its intended purpose or original design intent. If Inno had designed it to be used the way you use it, I believe it would also work on regular buildings. We know regular buildings can be stored in Inventory, that's where they go when we win them from GE or a Daily Challenge. Since it only works on Special Buildings, that makes it clear, to me, what the original design intent of Store Building is.

Even though I can use the heel of my shoe to hammer a nail into the wall, while that may not be an incorrect use of a heel, I am using it contrary to its intended purpose or original design intent. If I'm then given a hammer, my heel has not suddenly lost half its value even though I no longer have a need for it to put nails in my wall.

Since most of the resistance to your proposal is based on an incorrect premise - Store Building has lost half its value - you might get a better reception if you make a new proposal for replacing it in a Jade relic (in the proper proposal format, of course) without any reference to Reconstruction Mode or your perception that it's lost value since because you'll no longer have a need to use it contrary to its design intent.

DeletedUser35475

Instead of incorrectly, let's just say, contrary to its intended purpose or design intent. If Inno had designed it to be used the way you use it, I believe it would also work on regular buildings. We know regular buildings can be stored in Inventory, that's where they go when we win them from GE or a Daily Challenge. Since it only works on Special Buildings, that makes it clear, to me, what the original design intent of Store Building is.

Even though I can use the heel of my shoe to hammer a nail into the wall, while that may not be an incorrect use of a heel, I am using it contrary to its intended purpose or original design intent. If I'm then given a hammer, my heel has not suddenly lost half its value even though I no longer have a need for it to put nails in my wall.

Since most of the resistance to your proposal is based on an incorrect premise - Store Building has lost half its value - you might get a better reception if you make a new proposal for replacing it in a Jade relic (in the proper proposal format, of course) without any reference to Reconstruction Mode or your perception that it's lost value since because you'll no longer have a need to use it contrary to its design intent.

Whether it was intended to only be used like you say or not doesn't change the fact that is also can be used in other ways and now one of those ways is not needed. It doesn't seem to be an especially rare item when you can get it so many other ways and now there is one less use for it so it is less valuable in that regard.

I'm just putting out ideas. I would never make a proposal. The mods read the forums and if they think a suggestion or an idea is worthwhile they will take it up. It doesn't bother me if they don't like any suggestion or idea I make. If an idea sparks a thought which leads them coming up with ways of the game more fun that that is ok too.

RazorbackPirate

Again, Heel / Hammer. One use of a heel removed, but the heel has not lost value. If you want to continue arguing the loss of value, then please argue away.

But at this point, I don't see how digging in your heels (see what I did there) on a tangential point almost everyone disagrees with gets you anywhere closer to whether or not the Store Building Kit should be replaced in the Jade relic. I believe that is the original intent of the thread, and so far the one topic that's received very little discussion.

Your windmill awaits. Good luck on your quest.