• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ideas to replace Store Building in Jade Relic

DeletedUser35475

I disagree with anything that someone suggests to make his personal playing experience better. I agree with players that see the big picture and want to improve the game so all will benefit.
/QUOTE]

You do know that what you see as the big picture exists only from your point of view.

Everyone sees a picture differently. You will learn that with age.

I'm sure you will disagree with this.

DawnLight the Just

I have only used them to remove something to make space. I don't really see the need to save an old age building to use in the post modern age but maybe some people want that, it's not my call and they may consider it valuable. I know that the value is decreased even if you personally never used it only to make space because others have, just like I never store an old building I know I will never use just to save it.
It has also become not a rare item. I had 3 when the soccer event started now I have 10 just because I used Joe 'Items' Evens for some passes or got it by scoring goals and there is still another 20 quests to solve so at least 3-4 more uses of Joe to get even more not to mention the possibility of it showing up as a daily special.
Given you have ~5% chance of getting any given jade relic reward after an encounter if your Temple is level 75 (the highest one in my wold) it seems to me that the jade relic rewards should be both extremely useful, extremely valuable and extremely rare. The store building will not be any of those after this event and reconstruction is implemented. It will have some value but a lot less than before. It will become the face of the ancient for the jade relic, you groan when you get it because of the lost possibilities.
It's not like I am suggesting getting rid of it just replace it as a reward for a jade relic. You can still get it many other ways.
Any building that the game gives you that is not a building you can buy in the menu can be renovated to increase it to your current age, therefore making it more valuable. There are some I got that I had no intention of using when I got them and kept them till I was ready for them, then renovated them and they are good to go in my more advanced age.

DeletedUser35475

Any building that the game gives you that is not a building you can buy in the menu can be renovated to increase it to your current age, therefore making it more valuable. There are some I got that I had no intention of using when I got them and kept them till I was ready for them, then renovated them and they are good to go in my more advanced age.

Yes I have used both the Renno kit and the 1 up kit when I moved up an age. With this current event I have gotten quite a few of both and I am not sure I will use them all if I keep getting them at this rate!

DeletedUser32973

With proper city planning the frequency one needs to use store buildings should be far less than the rate at which we're currently getting them. I'm getting so many I find myself doing frivolous things with them. It's a low value item, and lo and behold we see Inno agrees...250 diamonds for 1 in their "special offer" (compared to the 2000 diamonds for reno kits, which we also find in the jade relic). So while they are generally useful and do possess value in a lot of situations they're flooding inventories.

That being said they're simply another lower value prize Inno places in their reward chests. People have been complaining about the garbage from loot crates we've been getting for a while now, and store building is just one of them. We're not going to see this tactic go away. Personally I think store building is fine as a booby prize in the jade relic, but the real question is should there be booby prizes in the jade relic in the first place?

DeletedUser29623

With proper city planning the frequency one needs to use store buildings should be far less than the rate at which we're currently getting them. I'm getting so many I find myself doing frivolous things with them. It's a low value item, and lo and behold we see Inno agrees...250 diamonds for 1 in their "special offer" (compared to the 2000 diamonds for reno kits, which we also find in the jade relic). So while they are generally useful and do possess value in a lot of situations they're flooding inventories.

That being said they're simply another lower value prize Inno places in their reward chests. People have been complaining about the garbage from loot crates we've been getting for a while now, and store building is just one of them. We're not going to see this tactic go away. Personally I think store building is fine as a booby prize in the jade relic, but the real question is should there be booby prizes in the jade relic in the first place?

I don’t think the jade relic should have a booby prize in it. They are rare by definition, not something that comes up that often. Why should another rarity chance be imposed on top of that?

I’ve used Store Buildings both ways. It’s more useful for rearranging at the beginning, when you do it more often, instead of just when you’re aging up or doing other major changes. But that’s still an aspect of its value that it will lose with the new mode. I don’t see the OP as so beyond the pale. The uses newer players find for items are just as valid as the uses more experienced players make of them.

BruteForceAttack

I just delete roads and some barracks when I have to redo my city. Use store building mainly to swap champion retreats, Or to put away a special building to make space for something else for completing events.

Agent327

There comes a time when every prize becomes a booby prize. Other than the fp's nothing interesting comes out of the relics. No matter what color they have. Replacing items will not change that, unless they put diamonds in the relics.

DeletedUser35475

There comes a time when every prize becomes a booby prize.

Why? If they are well thought out, valuable, useful and ONLY available from 1 or 2 sources why would they change to a booby prize? When they begin to be offered in more and more things is when they lose their rarity.

DeletedUser3882

Wow! Interesting thread. I’m jumping in :)
My point is they are just not as valuable now as they use to be.
For someone with limited experience in the game (and I say that as you are only in Colonial Age) spend some more time, gain that experience, and advance past Modern Era at least before trying to understand how valuable these actually *are*! Need *more*! Not less!!!

I guess it never occurred to you that everyone doesn't play the same way you do.
With all the kickback and negative comments received by you on this thread, do you think it’s possible that you *may* be doing something wrong?!? 0_o Or you *may* be missing some key elements in one, or more, of the various aspects of the game that is vital in developing, at minimum, an average overall playing strategy? This game is a marathon at best and there are quite a few roadblocks and pitfalls ahead of you that 1. You are so obviously unaware and 2. with multiple snarky comments made, makes me believe that you’d be much better served asking for some advice on this forum instead of “digging in your heels” and attacking others.

You’ve got some growing, adavancing, and learning to do before your post/thread can be taken seriously.

Before you take offense and/or respond, please understand my comments will make more sense once you hit Modern, even more around Contemporary, and *should* have full understanding once advancing through the various Futures...

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

I currently have 27 in inventory. I use them pretty rarely. I used one a few days ago to move my Champion's Retreat back into inventory. Even with as many as I have, I like things the way they are. I would never use them just to rearrange my town, so the argument made in favor of this proposal doesn't include me. I'm fine with winning Store Buildings more than many of the other things the Jade Relic gives me as I at least have a use for them from time to time.

DeletedUser35475

Wow! Interesting thread. I’m jumping in :)
For someone with limited experience in the game (and I say that as you are only in Colonial Age) spend some more time, gain that experience, and advance past Modern Era at least before trying to understand how valuable these actually *are*! Need *more*! Not less!!!

I suppose we shall see. In the 3-4 years it will take me to get here I bet I have about 100 if I keep getting them at the rate I have been getting them!

And perhaps I don't play the same way as you. In fact nobody but you plays exactly like you do. :)

DeletedUser35475

With all the kickback and negative comments received by you on this thread, do you think it’s possible that you *may* be doing something wrong?!?

You mean there is a right and wrong way to play the game? Who decides, the person playing or some other person?

DeletedUser35475

I currently have 27 in inventory. I use them pretty rarely. I used one a few days ago to move my Champion's Retreat back into inventory. Even with as many as I have, I like things the way they are. I would never use them just to rearrange my town, so the argument made in favor of this proposal doesn't include me. I'm fine with winning Store Buildings more than many of the other things the Jade Relic gives me as I at least have a use for them from time to time.

I don't disagree that some of the other rewards are less than rare or super useful. Given how 'upset' some people are with the suggestion of just changing one (that the average person would get 1-2 times per year on average) can you imagine the anguish that would be caused if someone suggested replacing 3 or 4 of them. I do believe people would wear out the N and the O keys on their keyboards!

DeletedUser35475

With all the kickback and negative comments received by you on this thread, do you think it’s possible that you *may* be doing something wrong?!? 0_o Or you *may* be missing some key elements in one, or more, of the various aspects of the game that is vital in developing, at minimum, an average overall playing strategy? This game is a marathon at best and there are quite a few roadblocks and pitfalls ahead of you that 1. You are so obviously unaware and 2. with multiple snarky comments made, makes me believe that you’d be much better served asking for some advice on this forum instead of “digging in your heels” and attacking others.

Of course I make snarky responses to snarky comments directed at me. You appear to do that also. Is there an event building I need to win to get the right to do that?

You have a definition of an average strategy and I assume you also have a strategy that you follow. Good. I have a strategy I am following. Everyone else has some sort of way they are playing the game which can be called a strategy. In this game there is no right or wrong strategy. You could play the game without ever uses a GB or an event building if you like or you could play it trying to build every available building or any way in between and not be wrong.

My suggestion was small. Change a reward that the average player, assuming they even build a temple, has about a 0.1 percent chance of getting after any given encounter to something a little more special. From some of the responses you would think had proposed a complete overhaul of the game or that we start killing all the babies in the world.