• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ideas to replace Store Building in Jade Relic

DeletedUser35475

Well that ought to settle it. I did not realize you worked for Inno. How long have you been with them?

DeletedUser35475

So you don't work for Inno? Yet you can settle something? Did you win an event reward that grants you the power to settle a question?

DeletedUser35475

Nobody likes the idea and he is fighting everybody on it.

Some do. Your single vote against has been noted. It doesn't carry any more weight than any others do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32973

I have no problem with the idea either. I was also for removing store buildings from the challenger's chest. The people who really like store buildings are the ones likely to post here voicing their displeasure at making them more rare. Now days I don't really care. All chests contain crap that one person or another doesn't want. However, the store building is a particularly low value item (going by Inno's diamond value) that should probably appear in the gold relic, not the jade relic. I kind of think the 100fp should be swapped with store building (don't kill me!).

Jools1956

Why?

If you can rearange your city without needing extra space you don't need it. If you need extra space it makes more sense to simply delete a large building. No need to waste a storage kit. You can only use them on special buildings anyhow.
My experience using reconstruction in beta is obviously different than yours.....when I use it you MUST put back everything that you had previous to starting the reconstruction phase or it will not let you complete. So you either have to sell off what you "don't think" you will use before you start reconstruction or put them in storage mode. So, IMO storage is more important than ever in reconstruction. Whether storage stays Jade or not, matters not to me as long as their availability stays the same.

Jools1956

My experience using reconstruction in beta is obviously different than yours.....when I use it you MUST put back everything that you had previous to starting the reconstruction phase or it will not let you complete. So you either have to sell off what you "don't think" you will use before you start reconstruction or put them in storage mode. So, IMO storage is more important than ever in reconstruction. Whether storage stays Jade or not, matters not to me as long as their availability stays the same.
This comment was directed towards commanderstinkfoot.................

DeletedUser35714

A recent change.log mentioned that they are working on making a permanent "store building" so that you can rearrange your city making this an unneeded item anyways in the future. Though they did not say when they would be rolling this out.

DeletedUser35475

I understand that.

I fiddle around a lot and like the idea of being able to try out new looks without actually having to use anything. Reconstruction is perfect for that. When I do want make changes I can set up 80% or more of my city the way I want to keep it and group everything I want to sell together so that making the last bit easy. Like I said I personally don't use the store building to save an older building. I know others do and I never said it should be eliminated. Some people are collectors and hoard them like gold.

Agent327

You should have read more.

Fact is that when you use reconstruction mode you can not leave out anything that is in your city, so it does not alter the value of the storage kit.

Edit: Now I see I should have too ;)