• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I'm About to Be Plundered

RashJami

I'm new (obviously) and lost my defensive force. I expect to be plundered again before I can restore it. Is there a way to give my commodities to a friend to avoid losing them, and them retrieve them when my defensive force is in place? I'm a sitting duck right now. Thanks.

Lady Gato

When you are plundered, they only collect what you haven't yet collected and is actually collectible. LOL did that make sense? Say your house generated 100 coins and shows the little icon that it is done, but you haven't collected that 100 yet -- that's what the plunderer will get. They pick from one of your buildings that has items that haven't been collected by you. They can't go after what you have in your storage. And there are certain of your buildings that cannot be plundered like your town hall, great buildings, and any building that has been motivated.

DevaCat

I'm new (obviously) and lost my defensive force. I expect to be plundered again before I can restore it. Is there a way to give my commodities to a friend to avoid losing them, and them retrieve them when my defensive force is in place? I'm a sitting duck right now. Thanks.
Hi! Welcome to the crazy train!

If somebody attacked your city and slaughtered your poor raw defensive troops, don't despair. Those DA (defense army) units are magically restored to full health afterwards, no cost to you. So anybody else coming along would have to defeat a fresh DA. But remember, if you use any of those defense units in your attacking army and they get damaged, then they don't immediately automatically heal/resurrect like they do when defending your city.

Collecting your resources as soon as they are ready is the best way to enjoy them yourself!

RashJami

It's a relief to understand this. Would have been a major spoiler to know plunderers could get into your inventory. So do wiley pluderers discover when your goods are expected to be available and then come back at that time?

DevaCat

It's a relief to understand this. Would have been a major spoiler to know plunderers could get into your inventory. So do wiley pluderers discover when your goods are expected to be available and then come back at that time?
Thankfully the rascals are limited to what you have left out, sort of like Santa Claus and the cookies -- except here they steal your stocking and whatever's in it. :D But seriously, they only get to plunder one building and they have to do it within a 24 hour countdown. If you are on top of your productions, set them to finish when you know you can be on, and collect as soon as they are done, the scoundrels get nothing.

Now the wiley ones will be checking often to try to determine your collection times. Some of the more fanatical ones use spreadsheets and kitchen timers and are terribly sleep deprived. I am occasionally one of the rascals we are talking about, but I always thought this was way too much like working (and I'm a lazy guy). But they seem to have fun with it, so whatever makes them happy lol. They will be looking so it's not a good idea to have interactions with the neighborhood right before or right after making your city collection. And if they have already nabbed you once, they will come back at the same time next visit -- we are creatures of habit. So you can try to time shift some to throw them off.

Search "plunder" and you'll find lots of advice and arguments for your reading pleasure!

Farfle the smelly

Wait, did we suggest reading the Plunder Progress thread yet? I’m too lazy to scroll, sad but true.

Plunder Progress (thread here somewhere, easily searchable) is a delightful mishmash of braggarts who occasionally share insight (inadvertently) into how they choose their victims. And it is funny.

It’s, like, 100+ pages, so I set it to ‘watch’ and read it over my morning coffee. :)

Edit: look at me, being all handy and not lazy! Here’s a link for Plunder Progress.

DevaCat

Wait, did we suggest reading the Plunder Progress thread yet? I’m too lazy to scroll, sad but true.

Plunder Progress (thread here somewhere, easily searchable) is a delightful mishmash of braggarts who occasionally share insight (inadvertently) into how they choose their victims. And it is funny.

It’s, like, 100+ pages, so I set it to ‘watch’ and read it over my morning coffee. :)

Edit: look at me, being all handy and not lazy! Here’s a link for Plunder Progress.
That's one of the great Granddaddy threads for sure, glad you put up a link. Sometime about a couple of years ago I went back to its op and read it during wait times until I'd gotten up to date. Now like you I read each new post, hoping to find a new "crymail" waiting for readers to enjoy.

Those can be really funny, ranging from the outraged to the profane, just about anything you can imagine in protest. But a witty and eloquent message from a "victim" on the other hand is a rare and delightful thing to behold. One of these can show how far a sense of humor can go to make this game really fun. Those are real treasures.