• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I'm confused about ST. Patrick event

FriarTuck

I did all the quests. The quests are done. The event is nearly over. I still have a town which cannot possibly reach 8+Q but is still going on. I have 4k pots of gold. Am I going to get a chance to open boxes and spend these pots or have I messed up? Thanks

Kranyar the Mysterious

I did all the quests. The quests are done. The event is nearly over. I still have a town which cannot possibly reach 8+Q but is still going on. I have 4k pots of gold. Am I going to get a chance to open boxes and spend these pots or have I messed up? Thanks
You messed up, unfortunately.

CaptainKirk1234

You def. messed up. I got 7+ towns with 8Q.

FriarTuck

OK I messed up. Please tell me what I should have done. As to the town with 1+Q I don't see what I could do to earn 7+ more in the few hours left.

Should I have opened all those chests at the end of every town shift? That didn't seem wise at the time. I invested in flowers and liquor, though only to the point I could collect some nearly worthless trinket.

plinker2

I feel your pain.

FriarTuck

thanks, Somewhere I got it in my head that one had a choice of opening them one set at a time or waiting till the end and opening as many as you had pots for. I don't know where that idea came from, probable a feeble mind which I seem to have been growing.

t

Kranyar the Mysterious

thanks, Somewhere I got it in my head that one had a choice of opening them one set at a time or waiting till the end and opening as many as you had pots for. I don't know where that idea came from, probable a feeble mind which I seem to have been growing.
No, the issue lays more in the fact that the mechanics of the game are more complicated than any other event, it can be difficult for many players to determine the proper strategy, and if you mess up even a little you are pretty much blanked.

Tytan the Great

The best way to visualize this event, at least for me, is there are 2 opposite strategies. Either way will work, depends on your time and commitment.
1. You get your Druid upgrade kits through the main prizes you earn after every 25 tasks. They appear every 3 main prizes. For this strategy, you will have to go through many towns, I think 11 or 12, without opening any of the 6 chests after each town. Your pots of gold are used to hire managers exclusively, so you need to have enough to last through all these towns. Obviously you will need to spend more time into the event, as each town will require about an hour initially to set it up, and you have to check periodically every few hours.
2. The opposite strategy is you get your Druid upgrade kits via the 6 chests, with maybe 1 or 2 from the main prizes. You get one upgrade kit after you open all 6 chests, and it takes 1900 pots to open all 6 the first time you finish a town. With this strategy, you only do about 4 or 5 town, in order to have enough pots left to open the chests once after each town. This strategy is more relaxed, as you only need a couple hours to set up the beginning of each town, and then let it runs for a couple days.
I did the first strategy, and completed 11.5 towns, without any diamond, and got a maxed temple with 2 extra kits.

Ebeondi Asi

The fact is the St Pats event is the most complicated, and the least rewarding of any event. (Though last year I enjoyed it for being different) It is not possible to play it at your own speed. it is just a methodical drag from start to finish. I left over half the Quests unfinished.
The only event that was more annoying was Halloween and the debacle of The Abandoned Asylum Daily prize, later on day one. where no one was getting it at all. which really soured me on that whole Event. (even though the second time around it was possible to win some AA.
Next year I will remember to not bother with St Pats.

FriarTuck

I just thought of another question--If you are opening the 6 chests and find the upgrade in, say, chest 3, do you leave the last three closed?

Naranique

The Druid Temple selection kit or upgrade is not in one of the chests. Selection kits are for previous St. Patrick's Day and former Carnival event buildings. You would have to open all six chests to get an upgrade for the current event building for the event.