• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I'm down to 7 provinces not captured; what's next?

FriarTuck

I'm recently in Arctic Future. Earlier I fought for some provinces which gave me nothing but coins and supplies. But, farther in, I got some next generation goods and some Promethium. Still farther I'm back to nothing but coins and supplies. What happens when I run out of provinces?

Ebeondi Asi

Is the question where do I get more Promithium??? Seems to me that is the subject missing in the OP question.
Are you fighting? or negotiating? Did you use up your Promithium you won negotiating the Continental Map? You need Promithium to do some Research. To get more of the Promitium you have to build the dock via Research,. Then staff the ship and send it out every day. That is main way to earn Promithium in Arctic.

I looked again at Arctic Research. and it does seem you can get the harbor before you need to use Promithium in Research
Ialso highly recommend watching YouTube Videos about how to select the crew for teh ship and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Ericness

Not entirely sure what the question is asking, but when I finished the AF map I scouted on to the OF provinces.

FriarTuck

Sorry for thee vague question. Had I just looked at the continent map I would have seen about 20 more provinces just above where I was fighting. Careless.
Still, the continent map is finite so what happens when the last province is defeated--do we shift warfare to Arctic Future or some such? That's my guess.

wolfhoundtoo

When you are done with the map you are simply done with the map. There are sections of the map for each age/era. So if you've completed all of the provinces in artic future then as noted you'll have the option to scout the OF area of the map and if you finish that section you get the option of scouting the next area of the map. This goes on until you finish all sectors of the map. As new ages are added the game adds new provinces on the map for the new ages to be taken by the player.

Or in other words just what Agent said just hopefully fleshed out enough as I'm not entirely sure you followed is response based on your last post.

Johnny B. Goode

Sorry for thee vague question. Had I just looked at the continent map I would have seen about 20 more provinces just above where I was fighting. Careless.
Still, the continent map is finite so what happens when the last province is defeated--do we shift warfare to Arctic Future or some such? That's my guess.
In simplest terms, the Continent Map currently goes through Space Age Venus, and technically you can battle/negotiate all the way to the end of that. Probably the best way to progress very far past your current era would usually be to trade for higher era goods to negotiate. Unfortunately, negotiating for some sectors in the higher eras requires the special goods that you can't trade for. So in practical terms, if you can't battle through Arctic Future and above, you won't get far.

Sharmon the Impaler

In simplest terms, the Continent Map currently goes through Space Age Venus, and technically you can battle/negotiate all the way to the end of that. Probably the best way to progress very far past your current era would usually be to trade for higher era goods to negotiate. Unfortunately, negotiating for some sectors in the higher eras requires the special goods that you can't trade for. So in practical terms, if you can't battle through Arctic Future and above, you won't get far.
With a high enough attack boost Electric Eels from OF will get you through the SAM map and Sentinels will get you through to the current Map end easily. No rogues are used for the last 4 maps.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

With a high enough attack boost Electic Eels from OF will get you through the SAM map and Sentinels will get you through to the current Map end easily. No rogues are used for the last 4 maps.
I'm working my way thru the AF map and plan on pushing as far as I can using Hovers/Rogues. They work just fine now and I'm wondering why you said that rogues aren't used for VF and beyond. Am I going to get to VF but no further until I age up? Thanks.

Sharmon the Impaler

I'm working my way thru the AF map and plan on pushing as far as I can using Hovers/Rogues. They work just fine now and I'm wondering why you said that rogues aren't used for VF and beyond. Am I going to get to VF but no further until I age up? Thanks.

On the last 4 maps rogues get attacked last , the most important thing is to select long range units that cover the whole field and that attack first.

Pericles the Lion

That and Hovers lose a lot of the hiding magic with troops past VF. With a high A/D boost you can still take Vf but the going is going to be rough. Beyond that you may as well pit spear fighters against the opponents.
Thanks again. I'm at 850/565 now and have a lot of AF map to go so I may be able to manage 900+ attack by the time VF comes around. I can see how it will get very tough if AF+ units can ignore stealth.

DevaCat

I’m late to this, but I just have to ask: if you are where you say you are on the cmap, and have actually been playing the game, how can you not know the answer to your own question? Not trying to be harsh or overly critical, but this is the type of question I’d expect from someone nearing the end of the Old World map.

Last edited:

Lord Pest

if I remember I used hovers through VF. After VF I used recon rangers to do Mars and eels to do SAAB. Both recon rangers and eels move first and shoot first. With a high enough offensive attack you can remove 3 or 4 of the enemy units before they can even shoot once.