• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I'm tired of this crappy combat.

AnastasiaBelle

I don't like the combat on this game. I wish auto battle was better, you lose more then anything when you try this option. Not everyone is into the battle part, some of us like the farming and getting to know others in the guild.
Why can't you understand this?????

AnastasiaBelle

I enjoy a lot of things about this game such as the farming and people. But I do think the combat lacks not only in how it's played but all in all it's dated. You have over stepped your grounds as far as telling me it might not be for me. It is dated and I'm sorry you can't expand your education on games in general.

CommanderCool1234

Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
May I be allowed to talk my master? How many of you shoes do you want me to shine?

Anyways, if you don't like battling then don't battle, also you never specified how you wanted to change the system. If your problem is with Auto battle just manuel battle.

Some games are not for everyone. If it makes you unhappy why play? Find some other game. Folks have enjoyed playing Foe for a very long time. and made to company a lot of money, even though anyone can play endlessly for free. (as many do)
Well said...

MarktheMagnificent

I don't like the combat on this game. I wish auto battle was better, you lose more then anything when you try this option. Not everyone is into the battle part, some of us like the farming and getting to know others in the guild.
To choose to do something you do not like and then complain to others about the choice that you have made is not logical.

Lord Pest

Let’s analyze this. You don’t like to fight. So don’t. That only leaves others who attack your city. You don’t lose any troops. You only lose if someone successfully plunders you. So collect on time... work on your city defense... put up a Galatea tower.

Tony 85 the Generous

We understand. You have stated an opinion, a wish, and a perspective.
Two of those are mostly your choice.

As for the auto-battle, it does (in my opinion) leave a lot to be desired. In order to make auto-battle work you need to figure out and understand how the AI works in the auto-battle. Point in fact. If you rack 1 champion and 7 rouges and press the auto-battle button, you will likely lose them all. Why? Because the AI (is dumb enough to) move the champion out front and within range of the enemy, gets killed, and you rogues have nothign to transform into. BUT, if you know that is what the AI will do you can work around it a little. Select attack, then skip the champion's first turn, then select auto-battle from the battle map. Chances are you will win and possibly without losing any troops (odds increase if you have 20+ levels of Zeus/CdM/CoA). IMO, The AI should be smart enough to figure out (like a chess move) that if you move the champion out and it gets killed, it will lose and thus choose a different plan.

Johnny B. Goode

I enjoy a lot of things about this game such as the farming and people. But I do think the combat lacks not only in how it's played but all in all it's dated. You have over stepped your grounds as far as telling me it might not be for me. It is dated and I'm sorry you can't expand your education on games in general.
So your opinion is that FoE should be just like every other "game" on the market? Is this like the Westminster Dog Show, where every dog has to be within very specific parameters or not be considered worthy of being there? Every game has to have the same type of combat? Same type of trade system? Same type of player structure? And you are the one to decide whether a game qualifies? Interesting.

As to the battle system itself, it is fine. Dated? Umm...yes. The game is set up in eras, so each battle is dated, more or less. "Dated" really applies mostly to fashion. "Obsolete" would be more relevant to products with definite functions. "Archaic"? Maybe. Except that in games (generally), all of that is in the eye of the beholder. Some would say board games are "dated/obsolete/archaic", yet they still sell and families/friends still play them.

Does the Auto Battle AI not work as well as manually fighting? Well, yes. If it is seriously harming your game play, however, it means you're using it wrong. You would think that someone who tries to project themselves as the expert on "how games should be" would know that you learn the different aspects of a particular game and when to utilize or not utilize each one of them. There are times where it is the right choice to use Auto Battle, and times when it is not. Learn that before you mindlessly complain about it.

And finally, if you don't want to fight, don't. Like anything else in the game, that's a choice. With every choice comes consequences. (Oh, No!) Yes. Consequences. And the consequences of not fighting at all means there are going to be events that you can't complete. And if I'm not mistaken, you'll get stuck on the Story Quest line pretty early on. And, since you'll have to set up your city for maximum goods production, you'll be ripe for plundering. (And then you'll be back to complain about that.) Or, you could do the minimum of fighting and concentrate on other aspects of the game. That is the choice of many players. Most of them don't whine about it, though. Probably because they're not experts on how games should be and just don't know any better. Thank goodness you came along to set us all straight. Right?;)

CaptainKirk1234

I see that this is a feedback thread and that all Important game devolpment Ideas have to be first, but if you where to propose this as a Idea, what would that even be? Remove battling, more negotiations, introduce a replacement? Do you expect game devolopers to change there whole game cause you don't like it even though thousands of players love it by showing that when they buy hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of diamonds a year?

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

I wish auto battle was better, you lose more then anything when you try this option.
This is patently false. Once you take the time to raise your attack combat bonus stats high enough (and in early eras that amount isn't all that high), autobattling is easy peasy. I easily do a few thousand autobattles every week on all of my worlds (from Iron Age to Future), rarely losing a troop, and never losing a battle. A couple of weeks ago in GBG I did over 25k battles in that 11 day season.

wolfhoundtoo

Mentioning a one off item that you managed to do because you went from iron age to FE after GBG started doesn't support your claim that much.

And he's right autobattle does suck just enough attack helps offset that but that's what you have to do if you are going to battle that way and want to win. It's not like the opponent's troops fight any better than the players so i'm not sure how a better AI would help since the AI controls both sides.

Out of curiosity what are your attack and defense values in the rest of the earlier ages that you easily do a few thousand battles every week (I presume that was per world and not in total)?

Jern2017

Apart from the tutorial at the very beginning of the game, you never have to fight if you don't want to. No one is forcing you to do so.

Why can't you understand this?