• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I'm tired of this crappy combat.

Johnny B. Goode

I guess it could depend on your definition of pretty early on, but I'm fairly certain you are mistaken, for any reasonable definition of early on.
Wouldn't be the first (or last) time. I always choose battle if there's a choice, and I don't really focus on Story quests enough to remember them specifically, so maybe someone could get pretty far along without battling. I do know that if they choose to always negotiate, they better be cranking out goods by the boatload. And that is way too much work when battling is so much more efficient.

Agent327

Wouldn't be the first (or last) time. I always choose battle if there's a choice, and I don't really focus on Story quests enough to remember them specifically, so maybe someone could get pretty far along without battling. I do know that if they choose to always negotiate, they better be cranking out goods by the boatload. And that is way too much work when battling is so much more efficient.

I have seen players claim they have never fought in the game. They always forgot about the tutorial, but it seems to be possible after that.

UBERhelp1

You only *have* to fight once, for the first sector in the tutorial. Anything above that is technically optional. It might take a lot of work, but some players try to not fight at all past that one.

qaccy

Yeah, after the tutorial fighting is strictly optional for progress. This player's in SAAB. Score suffers a lot without fighting, but that's not really gonna matter to someone whose goal is to make it with negotiations only. :)nofights.png

Agent327

To be fair. One could completely ignore the story quests if there were any requirement to fight in them

True, but I do not think there is a requirement to fight in them. It is all "acquire". Only problem you can run into is quests that require military buildings or units, but that is not fighting.

Dureall

I guess it could depend on your definition of pretty early on, but I'm fairly certain you are mistaken, for any reasonable definition of early on.

Can you name one such quest, and what age if occurs in?

Unfortunately not, I don't have any of those quests up at this moment, although I do remember seeing, a quest that reads as follows.:

"Gain a sector by fighting",- in order to pass a quest.

I've been playing since 2015.

IskandarAZ

The Bronze Age story quest Conquer Another Sector requires the player to "conquer another sector of Dunarsund." I have always played "conquer" quests as requiring fighting. but can't remember anyone being stuck in Bronze age because they did not. Now I am curious. Anyone ever seen anyone stuck in BA because they negotiated all the sectors?

Agent327

Unfortunately not, I don't have any of those quests up at this moment, although I do remember seeing, a quest that reads as follows.:

"Gain a sector by fighting",- in order to pass a quest.

I've been playing since 2015.

That could have been an event or bonus quest.

The Bronze Age story quest Conquer Another Sector requires the player to "conquer another sector of Dunarsund." I have always played "conquer" quests as requiring fighting. but can't remember anyone being stuck in Bronze age because they did not. Now I am curious. Anyone ever seen anyone stuck in BA because they negotiated all the sectors?

Conquer means you can negotiate as well.

Ironrooster

I am playing a city where I do no fighting if possible. It is currently in the Iron Age and has completed the Iron Age story quests. The only battle fought was in the tutorial. All provinces/sectors have been negotiated in Bronze and Iron Ages.

Vger

I am playing a city where I do no fighting if possible. It is currently in the Iron Age and has completed the Iron Age story quests. The only battle fought was in the tutorial. All provinces/sectors have been negotiated in Bronze and Iron Ages.
I'm doing the same in my newest city, just for the challenge of it. I did move to LMA quickly, otherwise you get stuck on the event quest that is win a battler or exchange AD items.

Vger

If negotiation is counting towards a Conquer quest then that’d be a bug. Conquer is meant to be strictly fighting. If it’s negotiation or fighting it’ll say Acquire
I don't remember now if the Conquer quest completed as soon as I negotiated, or if it autocompleted when I finished the province. Either way, you don't have to fight it.

ant..

If it's a bug, it's a bug in FE, also. "Conquering Agadar" requires
Agadar belongs to Joy Danba. You must Negotiate all those sectors to get all HTs early.

Emberguard

I don't remember now if the Conquer quest completed as soon as I negotiated, or if it autocompleted when I finished the province. Either way, you don't have to fight it.
If it can’t be aborted it’ll auto complete when you acquire the province regardless of quest conditions. This goes for anything you can do on a sector, even infiltrate if it’s for a specific province

Whereas if it’s abortable and it says conquer you can’t auto from running out of sectors and you can’t negotiate. You’d have to abort a side quest if you negotiate and don’t have enough sectors remaining to fight

Last edited:

Emberguard

If it's a bug, it's a bug in FE, also. "Conquering Agadar" requires
Agadar belongs to Joy Danba. You must Negotiate all those sectors to get all HTs early.
Agadar has 6 sectors not 4

So if you had to finish all 6 sectors that‘d autocomplete from running out of sectors (just like if you complete Guild Expedition lvl 4 and get a Guild Expedition quest)

If negotiation counted towards the quest you‘d only need 4 out of 6 sectors without fighting. Whereas if it’s auto you could do 1-3 fights and the rest negotiation. Only the fights count towards the quest progress but then it autocompletes from running out of sectors