• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I'm tired of this crappy combat.

Please allow me to try and understand this. You don’t like to fight or you don’t like the auto battle function? Or you don’t like that the auto battle function exist as an option? Or is it that you don’t like how the auto battle function works? Since no one has actually asked for clarity and simply offered lots of mean spirited comments, which is just my opinion which I am allowed to offer even when I disagree as long as it is not disrespectful.

Dominator - X

I don't like the combat on this game. I wish auto battle was better, you lose more then anything when you try this option. Not everyone is into the battle part, some of us like the farming and getting to know others in the guild.
Why can't you understand this?????
Here is a secret no one wants you to know about Auto-Battle: Use 8 Rogues. I promise that you will get the same result every time. Unless your opponent has 8 Rogues. In that case, all bets are off.

Emberguard

I promise that you will get the same result every time.
Well.... I have surprising won the occasional battle in GE with only rogues when I haven’t noticed the real troop(s) died in the previous wave. Can’t recommend it at all, but it won’t lose every time

ant..

I once had a hoodie that had One rogue for defense. lol
I went in with One rogue and stayed away from his about 4 moves until I killed him.

Glockgemini

I don't like the combat on this game. I wish auto battle was better, you lose more then anything when you try this option. Not everyone is into the battle part, some of us like the farming and getting to know others in the guild.
Auto requires that you have a significant amount of combat bonuses over the other side. If you are using rogues before CE, you should use what I call semi-auto which starts as normal combat, skip turn for the real unit and then hit auto to finish combat. That allows your rogues to get out in front of the real unit and get converted instead of seeing the real unit get killed off first.

Baroque

Not everyone is into the battle part,
I felt that way at first. Then as you level up Zeus and COA it starts to change. Even if I wasn't going to complete the daily, I always fought a very small army if that was part of it Then I fought larger armies. .Experience adds up. There is a place for auto battle, but not till you're strong enough and gain some experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the Guild battleground battles, It is too repetitive, it takes too much time, there is absolutely no intelligence or skill needed to do battle, and in the end the difference in prizes from first to last is not really significant.

plinker2

If you truly want to be a "farmer" or merchant, my best advise to you is to find a Guild that is into that instead of fighting. There are some out there but you have to look to find them. Hope this helps.

Fishercat.

I don't like the Guild battleground battles, It is too repetitive, it takes too much time, there is absolutely no intelligence or skill needed to do battle, and in the end the difference in prizes from first to last is not really significant.

I'm a farmer, and I love GBG. I just do the negotiation game -- a logic puzzle -- instead of fighting.

o LJ o

I don't like the combat in this game. I wish auto-battle was better, you lose more than anything when you try this option. Not everyone is into the battle part, some of us like farming and getting to know others in the guild.
If you know which units to fight against which, you won't lose any at all. But you have to know. Also, they are some great ways to semi auto-battle. What is keeping you from farming and getting to know people in the guild. The social aspect of this game is my favorite. So I don't know what you are having a problem with.

Savvy187

It would be helpful to have an option to view a replay of auto battles in GBG. This might help people understand how it is they suffer such horrific losses using the auto battles vs no losses in a manual battle.

Algona

It would be helpful to have an option to view a replay of auto battles in GBG. This might help people understand how it is they suffer such horrific losses using the auto battles vs no losses in a manual battle.

Well, seems like maybe someone who autos GBG to the point of horrific losses is already missing out on a lesson? Namely steadily increasing losses telling them it's time to stop auto battling?

Is a person who ignores that going to take time to watch a replay?

BTW, that player could start any battle on manual then press auto as soon as the battle starts if they want to learn how auto battle works.

But I doubt they would do that either.

Next time they grouse about losses instead of commiserating, explain to them they can avoid it by swiching to manual when they start taking unacceptable losses.

If they won't listen to you, they won't watch replays.

Savvy187

Well, seems like maybe someone who autos GBG to the point of horrific losses is already missing out on a lesson? Namely steadily increasing losses telling them it's time to stop auto battling?

Is a person who ignores that going to take time to watch a replay?

BTW, that player could start any battle on manual then press auto as soon as the battle starts if they want to learn how auto battle works.

But I doubt they would do that either.

Next time they grouse about losses instead of commiserating, explain to them they can avoid it by swiching to manual when they start taking unacceptable losses.

If they won't listen to you, they won't watch replays.
I have not had a problem personally, other than frequently taking inexplicable losses at low attrition. I took your advice and watched some auto battles after starting manually, and it did help answer that question. Combat is straight forward and don't move if something is in range, basically lemmings. The combat really is crap.

Ebeondi Asi

Autobattle is crap. Combat works fine.
Depends on what your need is? in a large top rank Guild, If you are not autobattling in GbG, you are not going to get more than two fights per sector. in GE that does not matter. And I often manual battle in GE for fun. No way in GbG.
With a high level Traz autobattle does just fine. True I lose more troops, the speed is worth it in GbG.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Depends on what your need is? in a large top rank Guild, If you are not autobattling in GbG, you are not going to get more than two fights per sector. in GE that does not matter. And I often manual battle in GE for fun. No way in GbG.
With a high level Traz autobattle does just fine. True I lose more troops, the speed is worth it in GbG.
So you're saying Autobattle performs better if I'm in a top guild racing against my mates? The quality of the AI is dependent on what I'm doing at the time?

Ebeondi Asi

I am saying that autobattle is the preferred of the two in GbG when going for Forge points and Guild pride in being the best. Autobattle certainly loses more healthy troops to damage or death. particularly when fighting three four fights in a row without exchanging the troops (to get in more fights to win more stuff)
I usually do at least three up to seven battle in a row before I have to refresh the troops (depending on attrition too). and certainly at least one or two die. Does not bother me.
That the surviving troops may be cussing me out at their brethren funerals is an interesting fantasy I have thought of..
This idea of fighting several fights in a row with injured troops and letting some die as a result was handed to me by a good player and it is a great way to fight if you have a high level Traz to cover the losses.
What Razorback wrote with my quote, has nothing to do with what I wrote.
If Razorback wants to think it is racing vs team mates? not my thought it is his.
fighting as fast as I can is winning sectors rapidly, showing other guilds my Guild is the best. and faster than your Guild. winning all sector fights by our Guild in a few seconds, is worthy of whole Guild Pride.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I am saying that autobattle is the preferred of the two in GbG when going for Forge points and Guild pride in being the best. Autobattle certainly loses more healthy troops to damage or death. particularly when fighting three four fights in a row without exchanging the troops (to get in more fights to win more stuff)
I usually do at least three up to seven battle in a row before I have to refresh the troops (depending on attrition too). and certainly at least one or two die. Does not bother me.
That the surviving troops may be cussing me out at their brethren funerals is an interesting fantasy I have thought of..
This idea of fighting several fights in a row with injured troops and letting some die as a result was handed to me by a good player and it is a great way to fight if you have a high level Traz to cover the losses.
What Razorback wrote with my quote, has nothing to do with what I wrote.
If Razorback wants to think it is racing vs team mates? not my thought it is his.
fighting as fast as I can is winning sectors rapidly, showing other guilds my Guild is the best. and faster than your Guild. winning all sector fights by our Guild in a few seconds, is worthy of whole Guild Pride.
What you wrote has nothing to do with my point, which was my point. I commented on the quality of the AI. You commented on guilds, GBG, everything except what my comment was about.

None of that has anything to do with how the AI works. The AI sucks. The combat engine is fine.