• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I'm tired of this crappy combat.

Johnny B. Goode

in a large top rank Guild, If you are not autobattling in GbG, you are not going to get more than two fights per sector.
If Razorback wants to think it is racing vs team mates? not my thought it is his.
The first quote completely and totally contradicts the second.
fighting as fast as I can is winning sectors rapidly, showing other guilds my Guild is the best. and faster than your Guild. winning all sector fights by our Guild in a few seconds, is worthy of whole Guild Pride.
This also does not jive with the first quote. If it's only about your guild's pride and winning sectors rapidly, then it doesn't matter if you only have time to get in two fights...unless it's really about racing with your guild mates to get more fights in yourself. That is the only logical conclusion from your first quote. @RazorbackPirate didn't dream it up, he took the thought directly from your statement.

Ebeondi Asi

I am trying to understand the thinking there to figure out why you guys think there is a problem? Everyone who is fighting in GbG is doing the best they can. No one is saying I will do less because then others can do more fights. (At least not in the Guilds I have been in which usually have at least 70 members or more) We all fight as well as we can. Some may have just moved up an Era and want to be more careful due to having few troops, or want to manual battle to learn hem (usually I do that in GE) Or newer players?
Some may fight less due to higher attrition. Also the thorny problem of high attrition sectors, where some should fight less as they cannot handle gaining a lot of attrition, at least not as well as others with much higher attack bonus. and generally Guild leaders suggest negotiate those when only one or two SC. Sometimes even when three. and ask that all share the attrition losses.
So I admit I am baffled by the attack over some phrase. like we are in some high school forensics class. Good luck on that score. LOL

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

I am trying to understand the thinking there to figure out why you guys think there is a problem? Everyone who is fighting in GbG is doing the best they can. No one is saying I will do less because then others can do more fights. (At least not in the Guilds I have been in which usually have at least 70 members or more) We all fight as well as we can. Some may have just moved up an Era and want to be more careful due to having few troops, or want to manual battle to learn hem (usually I do that in GE) Or newer players?
Some may fight less due to higher attrition. Also the thorny problem of high attrition sectors, where some should fight less as they cannot handle gaining a lot of attrition, at least not as well as others with much higher attack bonus. and generally Guild leaders suggest negotiate those when only one or two SC. Sometimes even when three. and ask that all share the attrition losses.
So I admit I am baffled by the attack over some phrase. like we are in some high school forensics class. Good luck on that score. LOL
And we're trying to figure out the relevance of your posts to the subject, which is the combat system itself. Your post diverges into GBG strategies and tactics, which is totally irrelevant to the auto battle's AI in comparison to a player fighting manually. You admit yourself that you auto battle despite the fact that auto battle sucks. Good for you. Keep throwing away troops in an effort to beat your guild mates to the next fight, it matters to no one but you.

Ebeondi Asi

. Keep throwing away troops in an effort to beat your guild mates to the next fight, it matters to no one but you.
If that is true, then why are you worried about it enough to comment on it in a snide manner?
As to why I post? Generally I am interested in th topic, and post what I think. not what you think I should think. I did not know you also seem to think you are some sort of 'moderator'. which you are not. So why do you personally think you and Pirate dude (who is also not a moderator) should be moderating the thread?

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Pointing out that your comments quoting my comments, having nothing to do with my comments quoted, is not moderating the thread. Sorry if I wasn't clear, let me be now.

Okay, but what does any of that have to do with the quality of the AI vs. a player manual battling?

Johnny B. Goode

If that is true, then why are you worried about it enough to comment on it in a snide manner?
Worried? Me? I don't think so. I couldn't care less about you throwing your troops away, but I do like to comment when players post something and then try to backtrack and claim it doesn't mean what it clearly does mean. Which is what you did.
As to why I post? Generally I am interested in th topic, and post what I think. not what you think I should think.
Great. Next time try to make it relevant to the thread topic.
I did not know you also seem to think you are some sort of 'moderator'. which you are not. So why do you personally think you and Pirate dude (who is also not a moderator) should be moderating the thread?
Well, I guess I could have just reported your post as off topic. Would that have been better? And you apparently don't know what a moderator's duties entail, because calling people out for denying their own words is not in any way a moderator's job. At least not on this Forum.

I know it's not pleasant to lose (I lose...pretty much a lot of battles here) but, that's the point of every game you play. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you don't.

Ebeondi Asi

Seems to me to be more an attempt to control the threads. Anyone not catering to the couple of 'big shots' who think they own the Forum is met with a pile of attack disguised as 'helping' the thread along. when in fact it is just another cheap power play. LOL

Agent327

Seems to me to be more an attempt to control the threads. Anyone not catering to the couple of 'big shots' who think they own the Forum is met with a pile of attack disguised as 'helping' the thread along. when in fact it is just another cheap power play. LOL

Perhaps you should have a look at yourself first. You are coming up with reactions and comments that have very little to do with the topic of the thread. If you are interested in a topic and want to post what you think at least make sure it is on topic. Comments you get are brought on by yourself, so stop blaming others and looking for a confrontation.

They are not trying to moderate the thread as you seem to think, but I will if needed.