• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Imbalance between special event buildings and upgrades

jsc29

One balance problem I notice with the game is that it supplies too many "base" buildings and not enough upgrades. So, what happens is that the player ends up sharding a lot of base buildings in the auction house.

For example, in the soccer event after building two complete hippodromes, I have left over in my inventory a sphendome and carceres, but only one upgrade, although I do have 3 selection kits, even so it is not enough to justify building it, so it is stuck in my inventory.

The same thing is happening with the Governor's Villa. I two extra villas, but no upgrades.

Nicholas002

The same thing is happening with the Governor's Villa. I two extra villas, but no upgrades.
why do you think they put the base building on the wheel, but not the upgrades?
it's because they want you to buy diamonds to get the upgrades from the map.

If they didn't put the base building in the wheel, no one would be able to get multiple Gov. villa's. so fewer people would buy diamonds.
If they put the base and the upgrade in the wheel, people could get multiple Gov. Villa's without buying diamonds, and if you did buy diamonds, you wouldn't be guaranteed extras, so fewer people would buy diamonds.

By putting the base in the wheel, and infinite upgrades on the map, they make diamond buying much more inviting.

Agent327

One balance problem I notice with the game is that it supplies too many "base" buildings and not enough upgrades. So, what happens is that the player ends up sharding a lot of base buildings in the auction house.

For example, in the soccer event after building two complete hippodromes, I have left over in my inventory a sphendome and carceres, but only one upgrade, although I do have 3 selection kits, even so it is not enough to justify building it, so it is stuck in my inventory.

You are causing the imbalance yourself. Why on earth would you go for two more extra villa's?

In every event you are able to get the prize and bring it to it's max level. Anything over that you need to start using diamonds. You put yourself in that position now, or you need to be patient till those upgrades come along again.

Emberguard

The base building is still a very powerful building compared to techtree buildings. Whereas upgrades on their own are useless without the base. Most events you'll have a extra base building and maybe one or two upgrades for it. Each year you usually have the last years event building in the "daily special" (or in this case gold prize) allowing to get additional upgrades for it. So upto you whether it's worth getting a base and then upgrading it in a years time or holding off entirely on that particular prize

Nicholas002

Who in the world is going to even try for that useless giant level 1 building with no access to upgrade kits?
those who spend enough diamonds to get 8 extra upgrades. ( and those who want a head start on their second villa for next year)
edit: never mind. misread your question.

Last edited:

Falconwing

In every event you are able to get the prize and bring it to it's max level. Anything over that you need to start using diamonds.
I wouldn't say that. Most every event, yes. But this one relies on luck to finish the ship map, where the upgrades are. I have had terrible luck on the map so far. Many, many ones rolled(?). As of right now, I need to average 2.5 spots per compass for the rest of the Event. That's highly unlikely. With the rolls I've been getting (last 8 Doubloons have been a 3, 2, and six 1's for an average of 1.375), Even if I buy a 20 pack of Doubloons, I have a better than average chance at not getting the last upgrade.
I haven't missed a log in day and I'm caught up on quests, but I know I will have to buy at least a 20 pack to finish the GM. No Event main prize should rely on luck.

Nicholas002

I wouldn't say that. Most every event, yes. But this one relies on luck to finish the ship map, where the upgrades are. I have had terrible luck on the map so far. Many, many ones rolled(?). As of right now, I need to average 2.5 spots per compass for the rest of the Event. That's highly unlikely. With the rolls I've been getting (last 8 Doubloons have been a 3, 2, and six 1's for an average of 1.375), Even if I buy a 20 pack of Doubloons, I have a better than average chance at not getting the last upgrade.
I haven't missed a log in day and I'm caught up on quests, but I know I will have to buy at least a 20 pack to finish the GM. No Event main prize should rely on luck.
Have you taken into account that from today on, the quests give 2 doubloons?
with the numbers from the wiki, I would have needed to average 2.36. now, I have to average 2.09. still need luck, but less of it.
I also believe I've seen Ship upgrades for sale in the AD.
yes, ship upgrades have been in the AD for at least a few weeks now.

planetofthehumans2

Do you mean the ship selection kits where you can choose between a level 1 ship and a ship upgrade?
Its some kind of selection kit but your options are the ship, some FP and some other nonsense. No upgrade kit. There was another one of these in the last event with a level 1 building, some FP and some other nonsense but no upgrade kit for it. Like why would you even make this thing inno and not just give us the ship selection kit with the ship or upgrade kit?

Emberguard

Like why would you even make this thing inno and not just give us the ship selection kit with the ship or upgrade kit?
They did. That's already on the wheel.

Its some kind of selection kit but your options are the ship, some FP and some other nonsense. No upgrade kit. There was another one of these in the last event with a level 1 building, some FP and some other nonsense but no upgrade kit for it.
So you mean the royal, trader and pirate selection kits. I don't mind those because they're multi selection. Means you get an extra chance for 1-up kits / FPs / Goods when you enter a new age

planetofthehumans2

So you mean the royal, trader and pirate selection kits. I don't mind those because they're multi selection. Means you get an extra chance for 1-up kits / FPs / Goods when you enter a new age
I'd rather just have the selection kit. The pirate one is OK because you dont need an upgrade kit for it, but the one with the ship in it is completely useless for the OP's reason of having more base buildings than upgrade kits.

Emberguard

If you're specifically after the ship the yes the selection kit would be more useful. But for those who aren't after the ship the themed kits still have some value in them

Graviton

Its some kind of selection kit but your options are the ship, some FP and some other nonsense. No upgrade kit.

There's a Ship upgrade kit on my Noarsil wheel right now, lets you choose the base building or an upgrade. I haven't noticed them in this event until just a couple of days ago, since then I've seen them three times.

Nicholas002

There's a Ship upgrade kit on my Noarsil wheel right now, lets you choose the base building or an upgrade. I haven't noticed them in this event until just a couple of days ago, since then I've seen them three times.
the ship selection kit has been there from the start. must be luck that you hadn't seen it.
I had similar with the CN kit: for the first two days, I saw 3, then I saw none until two days ago, when I saw 2, and yesterday when I saw 3.

DevaCat

Do you mean the ship selection kits where you can choose between a level 1 ship and a ship upgrade?
This post caused confusion I think.

Ship selection kit = a base generic ship or one of the other options (fps, goods etc)

Ship upgrade kit = choice of base ship or one ship upgrade.

Iirc, the Pirate Selection kit contains the base generic Ship, and that indeed would require upgrades to make it a Pirate Ship.

qaccy

The thing that really doesn't make sense about having level 1 Villas available on the wheel is that level 1 Villas are already available from the grand prizes as well. Anyone chasing upgrades, even with diamonds, is always going to have a Villa to use upgrades on even if they never win any from the wheel. So why are they on the wheel at all?