• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Impossible Quests

DeletedUser38782

I have one in the current Event, "Defeat this small Army". Why so hard?

Graviton

First guess: your army is terrible. ;)

Seriously, it's likely your military GBs aren't levelled enough yet. It could also be that you're not utilizing the unit types and terrain to sufficient advantage.

It's difficult to know more without details.

Super Catanian

Defeat this Small Army
Why so hard?

I'm sorry, I laughed way too hard reading this!
Anyways, like @Graviton mentioned, you need to have the appropriate units for fighting. Here are @Super Catanian's tips for leading a good military campaign.

1) Use units of your current age. If possible, use units of the next age, since they can be obtained through quests.
2) Keep in mind the ranges of the enemy. Stay just out of their reach, so that you can attack next turn while suffering minimal casualties.
3) Use the terrain. Units have boosts when in certain terrain. Use them to your advantage.
4) Use Rogues. They are super powerful in pretty much all ages.

DeletedUser40061

Good military hints. Iam building up my army so that they can be successful in thier attacks. I noticed how many times they were defeated and saw where i was still using bronze age soldiers battling enemies from iron age. Iam replacing / restructuring my armies as i speak

Super Catanian

Good military hints. Iam building up my army so that they can be successful in thier attacks. I noticed how many times they were defeated and saw where i was still using bronze age soldiers battling enemies from iron age. Iam replacing / restructuring my armies as i speak
Currently fighting armies of the Modern Era with Progressive Era (the previous age) units. I suffer usually 1-3 casualties, thanks to my attack boost!

DeletedUser40061

ah ha! a guild buddy told me iam lacking any kind of defense boosts.. i need to try get on that soon. but other things takes my attention away from that.

DeletedUser40495

I have one in the current Event, "Defeat this small Army". Why so hard?
“Why so hard” Really? Even people who have no military buildings can complete these easily. Just negotiate some GE and you will get plenty of units for quests like that.

DeletedUser40061

even with "defeat this small army" you need a formidable army reigning terror on the enemy. i failed to complete that 2 times..i was using old age armies.

Jern2017

Like in the Guild Expedition, the opposing army's attack and defense boosts get higher as you progress through the ages. If you're having issues defeating a small army, it either means you're not using the right strategy/units or that your attack and defense boosts which you get from certain GBs and special buildings are way too low for you to be a fighter.

If the latter is the case, you can either camp in the age you're currently in and work on increasing your boosts or simply accept the fact you're not a fighter. There's nothing wrong with that if you're willing to miss a quest that requires you to fight.

DeletedUser38782

Like in the Guild Expedition, the opposing army's attack and defense boosts get higher as you progress through the ages. If you're having issues defeating a small army, it either means you're not using the right strategy/units or that your attack and defense boosts which you get from certain GBs and special buildings are way too low for you to be a fighter.

If the latter is the case, you can either camp in the age you're currently in and work on increasing your boosts or simply accept the fact you're not a fighter. There's nothing wrong with that if you're willing to miss a quest that requires you to fight.

In my case, only having a level 4 oracle. . 3 GBs with 1 remaining. . Just started, that's why. . I was told to be a farmer for a while so I can purchase territory etc. . So new, I don't even know what boosts are. . Anyone know how to add &nbsp;? . Will < code > do it?

And while I've got someone's attention...
Are/will-there-be larger decorations? . I ask because, in another inno game the powerless are culture rather than decorations. . See my new farm? . It's literally twice the size [+6 width (DxW)] containing 3 reservoirs for the city. . I didn't think the outside corners would be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40212

Ten tips (in addition to, or expanding upon what everyone else has already said above):

1. Make sure you field a full army (eight units) of the latest age you have available. Attacking an army larger than yours is almost always suicide, but it can come down to tactics and what units you have available.

2. Make sure you have a mix of units. Every unit has attack and defensive boosts against one other type of unit. In a way, it's almost like and extended version of Rock-Paper-Scissors. A Light Unit has boosts against a Fast Unit, which has boosts against a Ranged Unit, which has boosts against a Heavy Unit, which has boosts against a Light Unit. Artillery Units also have boosts against a Heavy Unit, but no units get boosts against an Artillery Unit. Some units get either attack or defensive boosts for being on certain types of terrain (plains, forest, rocks). Some units have special skills that can make matters ... difficult. The bottom line is that you have to match the strengths of your army against the weaknesses of the enemy army.

3. Attacking against units of a later age than your army is almost always suicide.

4. Choosing Auto-battle is almost always suicide. Very rarely does the Game AI choose the best tactics.

5. You can gain a large cache of units over time through playing GE, and through finishing Quests. However, these units are all unattached. This means that if you lose one in combat, they are not replaced except by gaining new units by completing further Quests (or further GE play. Any unit you recruit from one of your Military Buildings, and is lost in combat, can be replaced by recruiting a new unit from that building.

6. You can gain permanent attack and defensive boosts for Attacking Army by building certain GBs (Statue of Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen, Castel del Monte). These boosts increase as you reach higher levels. Zeus should be the first one you have the ability to build (depending of course on how fast you can accumulate Blueprints - as with any GB). There are other types of military-related boosts available from GBs in later ages.

7. Some Special Buildings offer either attack or defense boosts. Attack boosts are only good when you attack. Defensive boosts only work when you are defending your city against someone attacking you.

8. You may also win attack or defensive boosts while completing quests (or encounters in GE). These are like the boosts above, except they are expendables and only work for a certain time.

9. The default Defending Army created by the Game is two of the weakest units in the game. Therefore it behooves you to always field a full Defending Army (eight units), manned by a mix of your strongest units. If you have only a limited number of units available, keep your Defending Army fully manned, even at the expense of you Attacking Army. You can always temporarily move units from your Defending Army to your Attacking Army if you need to attack someone. Just remember to return them to your Defending Army when you're done.
While units of your Defending Army that are lost in combat are automatically replaced after the battle even if they are unattached, if your Defending Army is defeated, whoever attacked you has 24 hours to plunder one of your buildings that has completed production. Most attackers who attack you and decide to plunder are after Goods. Not all buildings are susceptible to Plunder

10. Whether you can afford a strong Defending Army or not, it pays to get in the habit of collecting ALL productions (coins, supplies, goods) as soon as production is finished. No one can plunder anything that has already been collected.

DeletedUser41988

Impossible Halloween 2019 This is by far the hardest event I have ever done.
The book quests are just over the top. I play in 2 worlds.
Ever since starting this event I have run out of supplies in A world and I have had to use a vast amount of tavern silver or numerous supply boasts as well as self aiding supply buildings numerous times and spending time waiting for 15 minutes to finish for days and using supply boosts from my inventory.
In A world I am in Late Middle Ages and I had 5 quests at the same time which includes book requests to Pay 35,000 supplies that is a total of 175,000 to find plus spend supplies on producing goods , building etc. The figures for Q world where I play in the Future are so much higher and I am slowing depleting my supplies base.
The figures below are taken off the quest sheet obtained on the FOE website.
in the Main Quests there are 6 compulsory Pay Coins and 3 compulsory Gather Coins coins quests
in the Book Quests there 5 compulsory Pay Coins and no Gather Coins quests
in the Main Quests there are 5 compulsory Pay Supplies and 4 compulsory and 1 optional Gather Supplies quests
in the Book Quests there 5 compulsory Pay Supplies and 2 compulsory and 1 optional Gather Supplies quests
I also think the amount of good given to the Treasury is a bit over the top considering most players now have Arcs (as soon as they can obtain them) or other buildings that donate Goods to the treasury. I am not saying that the should be no quest for this but the number of goods should be reduced (a quick look at your guild treasury will confirm this) This is true except for the early eras or new guilds but I think most members are now embracing owing a few building that donate goods to the guild.
Another thing is the amount of happiness or population required especially when one considers the amounts of suppliers and coins required for the PAY quests.
I love playing this game but this event has made me very frustrated especially in A world

DeletedUser41988

EXTRA TURN BOOST
I think that the extra turn boost whould be available at all times and not just when the GE is available as there are several quests that ask a player to complete a complicated negoation.
I also think that the extra turn boost should be available in the Market place on the settlement.
Happy Forging