• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Improving City Shield in PvP

DeletedUser40585

It's actually 168,000 Silver to run the City Shield for 3 weeks. 24,000 for 3 days times 7 equals 168,000. But in order to break even over those 3 weeks, you would have to have 104 friends visit your Tavern every day for those 3 weeks, and only empty it when it was full. That's emptying it 6.5 times per day. Every day. And only when it is completely full.

Yes. That was from backlog of gathered silvers. So do I. About my calculation, I mistakenly used 7 time of 28,000 silver instead of 24,000. It's clear that I'm not a fan of unlimited city shield.

DeletedUser40495

Having city shield in the game is a great idea. It protects you from PvP attacks when you feel you're at disadvantage. This is a brilliant idea but the problem is when you have city shield on, you shouldn't be able to attack others in PvP. Every other part of attack (GvG, GE, Quests) should still be on but PvP attacks should be prevented. This means the way city is protecting you from PvP attacks, it should also prevent you from attacking others.

Reason for this proposal is because some players will put on a new city shield after the initial one lapses to block attacks on them but will be able to attacking others from behind the shield restlessly. Imagine a player who has been on city shield for over 3 weeks now while no one in the hood can attack him, he's able to attack everyone on a daily basis. This is like incapacitating other players who are really interested in PvP part of the game. This loophole has been exploited enough at their own advantages and such is not a fair game.

PS: This is not about debate or removing city shield altogether. City shield is a core part of the game like every other online game. But in every online game that I have played that involves attack, such idea is implemented.... do you want to protect yourself and let others rest or you want to settle your case by counterattack after being attacked.

Thank you all.
City shield is SO expensive that if it took you out of fighting others it would be such a waste (It already is, collect on time and you will be completely fine).

Jern2017

-1, I'm strongly against features that restrict actions of players. As other posters said, the CS has two big disadvantages - it makes you pay diamonds to activate a different boost in your Tavern simultaneously and it is very costly.

I plunder a lot and while I've never encountered someone who attacks and uses it, I can imagine it's annoying. Just keep in mind that you can always see how much time is left until a player's CS runs out when you click on the attack button, so you can wait and attack the very moment it does. If the attack is successful, you can plunder them in the next 24 hours even if they activate the CS again.

Mustapha00

As @Agent327 points out (but please use the Report button next time rather than post about it), this is on the Do Not Suggest List for proposals, as it would alter/limit plundering. I will move it to Forge Hall in case anyone wants to discuss it further.

Stephen:

So if I get this prohibition right, it is against the rules to present a formal Proposal which would affect something on the Do Not Suggest List but it is NOT against the rules to post the same thing to promote discussion outside a formal Proposal?

DeletedUser

Stephen:

So if I get this prohibition right, it is against the rules to present a formal Proposal which would affect something on the Do Not Suggest List but it is NOT against the rules to post the same thing to promote discussion outside a formal Proposal?
Correct. The Proposal section of the Forum is governed by the Forum rules and the Proposal Guidelines, which includes the Do Not Suggest List. The rest of the Forum is governed by the Forum (and game) rules, but not by the Proposal Guidelines. As long as it is posted in Forge Hall and not in Proposals, anything about the game can be discussed, as long as the discussion adheres to Forum rules as far as content and conduct.

Mustapha00

Or just collect on time. It is easy and much cheaper.

Sadly, this is just about the only strategery that works more often than not.

What I would much prefer to see is Inno make an honest and concerted effort, taking advice from it's player base, to make city defense armies at least equally (personally would rather see it MORE effective) effective at preventing player attacks which can result in being Plundered.

The solution is already in the game, by the way.

DeletedUser40495

Sadly, this is just about the only strategery that works more often than not.

What I would much prefer to see is Inno make an honest and concerted effort, taking advice from it's player base, to make city defense armies at least equally (personally would rather see it MORE effective) effective at preventing player attacks which can result in being Plundered.

The solution is already in the game, by the way.
To fairly do this Inno would have to remove the AI control of city defense. Unfortunately I don’t see how they could do this, as players can’t be on 24/7. I wish that players could fight each other manually, but with city defense I don’t know how that’s possible.