• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Improving Fountain Of Youth

Mustapha00

I'm not to the Proposal stage yet, just kinda brainstorming this.

As things stand now, the Fountain of Youth is inferior to the Wishing Well.

How?

Well, we have available a Wishing Well Shrink Kit, which reduces the footprint of a WW from 3x3 to 3x2, meaning that, with several such Kits, you can place more WW in said space than you can FoY (in a 3x6 space, you can place three shrunken WW but only 2 FoY). And both have the exact same rewards. Shrink Kits seem to be readily available in at least larger events (not to mention that the Fragments are as well, and those can also be won for completing Daily Challenges).

So, all things being equal, even though the FoY (to me at least) is far more appealing graphically, the FoY is going to find itself buried in my inventory, probably never to see the light of day whereas WW will be far more prized.

But what if there was a bonus to FoY production of, say, 20%? Would that make them useful enough that you'd at least consider leaving them placed rather than deleting them or storing them?

Agent327

But what if there was a bonus to FoY production of, say, 20%? Would that make them useful enough that you'd at least consider leaving them placed rather than deleting them or storing them?

Have you been living under a rock? What do you think is more likely. A % or a shrink kit for the FoY?

DeletedUser30900

The thing you get from GE is meant to be worse than the thing you can only acquire from the event.

Graviton

The thing you get from GE is meant to be worse than the thing you can only acquire from the event.

In theory; but now we can get WWs and shrink kits from DCs. I think this idea has merit. If they're going to goose the FoY a bit I'd prefer that they do something other than let us shrink it, else it's again interchangeable with the WW.

DeletedUser30900

In theory; but now we can get WWs and shrink kits from DCs. I think this idea has merit. If they're going to goose the FoY a bit I'd prefer that they do something other than let us shrink it, else it's again interchangeable with the WW.
well, if they do that then they need to buff TF too, then SSW, then Storage building...

UBERhelp1

And the RF are now useless if you have enough WF and WF upgrades.

Emberguard

How about 20% boost IF no wishing wells or shrunk WWs are present in your city?

This bonus would not effect diamonds. Only non-diamonds would be boosted

DeletedUser30900

How about 20% boost IF no wishing wells or shrunk WWs are present in your city?

This bonus would not effect diamonds. Only non-diamonds would be boosted
Why would Inno hurt diamond buyer like that...

RazorbackPirate

I finish DC daily and GE 4 weekly in 2 cities. One city has 8 WWs vs. 3 FoYs, the other 11 WWs vs. 4 FoYs. All but 2 WW's, now Little WWs and all my FoY's are sitting in inventory. As such I'm not sure I care if FoYs gets a boots or not.

If they do, I'd prefer to see a FoY Shrink Kit that creates a 2x3 Little FoY, the opposite direction from the 3x2 Little WW. I restores the equality in stats while still creating something unique.

DeletedUser30900

Why would it hurt diamond buyer? Diamond buyers would have shrunk wishing wells - not fountain of youths
make FOY better means making WW worse... but that's not the point, if everyone is getting rich, then the rich are no longer that rich no more, right?

- KQ -

I'd go for a Fountain of Youth Shrink Kit if it made it a 2X3 building instead of a 3X2 like the Wishing Well Shrink Kit. It would give me another option for utilizing space.