• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] INA/PE Quest question

DeletedUser27889

I'm stopped in INA for months leveling my GBs (after stopping in LMA for 9 months to get them..) Typically when stopping in an era I also stop the Story quest so that I do not trigger any side quests I cannot complete or block myself from RQs. I have heard a rumor though that in Ina, if I finish the story and bonus line a second RQ line will appear and I will be able to work on two different RQs simultaneously.

Can anyone confirm or deny if this is true? Currently I have 3 questlines, sidequests/RQ, Story and Bonus. These are the story and bonus quests I am up to:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 3.38.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 3.38.13 PM.png

They are both easily doable for me but I have been avoiding doing them to not trigger any PE side quests. Any advice?

DeletedUser26965

You can't finish the Story line sitting in InA because it continues to the end game. I mean maybe one can but good luck with that lol. But regardless you don't have to do that to get a second recurring questgiver slot opened.

Once you get through the Bonus quest line http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/New_Frontiers (notice the Next Quest link at the bottom) you should get the second quest giver slot. Just a side note but you could have had the second recurring questgiver slot had you stopped at a certain point in the Story line of LMA, you can continue on in the cMap but not too much into InA but this is all past now for us here. Now you just have to finish the Bonus Questline which is only like maybe 10 quests away from completion.

No more Bonus quests appear after you finish so you can continue on with cMap and Research if you want and you might only lose the second Recurring Questgiver temporarily to abortable Side quests.

Another side note, you can get a third recurring questiver if you finish the Story line before a new game expansion is released so for example if you reach the end right now before OF4 comes out the story line will end and a third recurring questgiver will take its slot, btw I found this has been the case for a long time so it was so for AF, FE etc. as well.

My PE city
two-questgivers.gif

My OF city
OF-quests.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27889

Awesome thank you very much. I used some diamonds to rush a scout and complete the rest of the bonus quests before my next collection but I notice I can't run the same quest on both. I see in your pics you can is that only when you gt ahead of the whole game and trigger the third?

It is useful to have two RQs loaded up so I don't have to worry about finishing one before starting on another but I had hoped I could use the two lines to trigger the same one twice IE gathering coins would count for two different RQ qustlines but I guess that would have been too good to be true lol.

Thanks for all the info!

DeletedUser26965

I see in your pics you can is that only when you gt ahead of the whole game and trigger the third?
That 6x production quest is unique to OF, three different questgivers offer the same quest and you don't have to be at end game to get that type quest. I'm not at endgame and don't have the third questgiver slot yet, if you look closely at that pic you can see the story quest at the bottom. Hopefully I can get it before OF4 to see what happens myself otherwise I'll have to rush through OF4 before the next expansion.

DeletedUser27889

Follow up question @sloppyjoeslayer or anyone who knows,

Currently I have the second quest giver but if I were to scout beyond on my CMap would that remove it?

Here is where I am:

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 3.47.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 3.47.57 PM.png

I know that boat takes me to the PE world. Getting on that boat would fulfill the current story quest I have. Do you or anyone else know if that will bring up more non abortable side missions and remove the second quest giver?

I'm asking because :beta spoiler:
The Halloween quest require scouting and tech research. Since I went ahead on my map *thinking* alternatives would be given from now on it seems I may have screwed myself and I want to know if I need to decide between Halloween or my 2nd RQ giver.

Thanks for any info anyone may have.

DeletedUser26965

Currently I have the second quest giver but if I were to scout beyond on my CMap would that remove it?

Here is where I am:

View attachment 7635 View attachment 7636

I know that boat takes me to the PE world. Getting on that boat would fulfill the current story quest I have. Do you or anyone else know if that will bring up more non abortable side missions and remove the second quest giver?

I'm asking because :beta spoiler:
The Halloween quest require scouting and tech research. Since I went ahead on my map *thinking* alternatives would be given from now on it seems I may have screwed myself and I want to know if I need to decide between Halloween or my 2nd RQ giver.

Thanks for any info anyone may have.
If I'm not mistaken it was the Bonus Quests that were unabortable and it looks now you have gotten past that so that is the end of them. Side quests will continue to pop up as you take sectors and do research, what triggers what I have no idea and find it frustrating Inno doesn't provide at least that info.

You know you can name the spoiler?

oh, and here's my update on getting the third recurring questgiver: Getting the Third OF Recurring Questgiver

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27889

If I'm not mistaken it was the Bonus Quests that were unabortable and it looks now you have gotten past that so that is the end of them. Side quests will continue to pop up as you take sectors and do research, what triggers what I have no idea and find it frustrating Inno doesn't provide at least that info.
Yes, I tried and tried to search on the wiki before asking but couldn't find anything. So does this mean I have the RQs available to me from here to the end of the game without needing to pass/do abortable side missions? Like 1 slot would give RQs one side quests, so I will always have RQs? Or does the bonus line go away after this era?

What is this magic, tell me your ways.

oh, and here's my update on getting the third recurring questgiver: Getting the Third OF Recurring Questgiver
I saw that congrats. Too bad all that hard work will go away soon.
of4
of5
of6? =)

Thank you very much as always for the help!

DeletedUser26965

Yes, I tried and tried to search on the wiki before asking but couldn't find anything. So does this mean I have the RQs available to me from here to the end of the game without needing to pass/do abortable side missions? Like 1 slot would give RQs one side quests, so I will always have RQs? Or does the bonus line go away after this era?
You will keep both Recurring Quests and 1 Story Quest line till the end and only when you conquer certain sectors and do further certain research will one of your Recurring questgivers temporarily disappear to make room for SIDE quests not BONUS quests, the distinction there is important because that Bonus questline you were on was non abortable and is why you had to finish it in order to get the second Recurring questgiver slot. As far as I can recall any side quest you get, if you conquer more land and/or do more research, will be abortable. However if there happens to be a non abortable one snuck in there I can't recall don't sue me and just complete the darn thing:D

Too bad all that hard work will go away soon.
Yes, I'm thinking once OF4 opens I'll lose my third recurring quest giver to make room for more storyline, not so dissimilar from your issue with the Bonus questline as Story quests can't be aborted either. However I think once I complete the cMap again I'll get the third recurring questgiver again until OF5 comes out. If this is the way of it having an OF5 is actually as good thing for me because who knows what the new era will bring as far as Recurring quests go.

DeletedUser27889

You will keep both Recurring Quests and 1 Story Quest line till the end and only when you conquer certain sectors and do further certain research will one of your Recurring questgivers temporarily disappear to make room for SIDE quests not BONUS quests, the distinction there is important because that Bonus questline you were on was non abortable and is why you had to finish it in order to get the second Recurring questgiver slot. As far as I can recall any side quest you get, if you conquer more land and/or do more research, will be abortable. However if there happens to be a non abortable one snuck in there I can't recall don't sue me and just complete the darn thing:D
This is so great to hear thank you! With CMap being a requirement I thought I had just 'screwed the pooch' (<- who came up with that? ew) and had locked myself out of all future events until I could level up. Killing RQs means I don't have enough goods so my city doesn't really work without them. Thank you very very much!

Good luck with OF4.

DeletedUser25920

Here is where I am:

View attachment 7635 View attachment 7636

I know that boat takes me to the PE world. Getting on that boat would fulfill the current story quest I have. Do you or anyone else know if that will bring up more non abortable side missions and remove the second quest giver?.

It will bring up the next non-abortable mission (ie story line quest) which if I remember correctly is to scout the 1st PE province. This will not affect your other 2 slots though.

And there is no danger (ie unwanted side-effects) like getting PE side quests from taking the ship and going to PE continent as the story line quest asks you. I have reached the PE continent and scouted the 1st PE province and still have 2 IndA recurring quests. Be aware though that reaching the new continent does not count as 'scout a province' (as event quests ask). You would need to scout an actual province (IndA or the 1st PE one, once your ship reaches the continent, to fulfill such a quest).

There is always 1 slot for story line quests and these are non-abortable (until you reach the end of currently available story quests at the end of OF, in which case the srory quest slot becomes 3rd side quest/recurring quest; until more content (so more story quests) are released as sjs explained.
Apart from the 1 story line quest giver, you can have 2 slots of side quests/recurring quests from LMA onwards (one of these may be taken up by bonus quest lines (non-abortable) in LMA and IndA, related to the respective bonus map areas).

So with the quests you have now (1 IndA RQ and 1 non-abortable bonus quest) when you complete the bonus questline (which involves conquering all of the IndA bonus provinces) the bonus quest slot will turn back to an RQ/side quest slot (so abortable). Depending where you are in IndA research, you may get some side quests that ask you to research PE techs (other PE related tasks) but you can just abort them, and you will get a 2nd IndA recurring quest (as long as you stay in IndA tech-wise). If as I understand you have researched everything in IndA and you currently have 1 slot with IndA RQ's, then it means you have already aborted any PE related side quests, so when you finish the bonus quest line, the slot will turn to 2nd IndA recurring quest.

As for the main story quest line you can look in wikia what other the following quests
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Travel_the_World
If there is a story quest you cannot/do not want to do, you just pause the story quest line there (it will not affect your 2 other slots, as long as you stay in IndA tech-wise)

DeletedUser27889

Thank you very much @Lady Egwene great to hear from someone in the same boat. I'm quite happy to know I haven't locked myself out of events!

DeletedUser26154

I do nothing but...

Nothing but Lording over your...

tmp566636794083278850.png

Happyless Blacksmith Sweatshop Dictatorship.

all it takes to get the third one back

Once, I had 4 Active Ocean Future Recurring quests in my window, and I can not duplicate how I did it.
It was gather coins, gather supplies, buy 5 Forge Points, and spend 139 Forge Points.
I got the 4th by juggling around my three and the Unbirthday came up, I did it, then did something else.
I can't remember exactly how I did it because it's when the new quest system came out and I was getting a feel for it.

93d16e6ce7db3adc20508a21f7573cee.png

There might be a way to get all 4 regardless, because the quest system itself can run 4.