• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inactive Friends Check

mamboking053

Is there a method of checking on how active your friends are besides looking at point growth? My times limited in the day, so I don't want to have to sit down with a pen and paper scrolling through the event log... Wouldn't want to do that if I had the time.

DeletedUser26965

Nope, only those two offsite mining sites and the in game event history. Hopefully one day they'll improve it, you think they would have with the introduction of the Friends Tavern. Don't know if proposals have gone through the entire process and that they've actually reached Inno. I'm sure some devs there know it but who knows.

And just to put a little sting in it, read the tooltip "Make sure your friends are active..." lol, okay let's get rid of that antiquated event history search and make it more efficient and effective and I will.

invite-80.gif

Agent327

Is there a method of checking on how active your friends are besides looking at point growth? My times limited in the day, so I don't want to have to sit down with a pen and paper scrolling through the event log... Wouldn't want to do that if I had the time.

Start aiding from your history. Go back as far as you can. Anyone after that not aided, you can call inactive.

Jase249

If you go to your event history, there's a search filter where you can type the player's name in and the log will display all interactions with that person. I'm too lazy to take a screenshot right now but your filters look like this:

[All Players][All Events][enter player name filter]

DeletedUser

Here's my process that I use on 6 worlds. Filter the Event History for 'Friends', 'Social Interactions', then aid them all. Then go to the guild list at bottom of screen and aid all guild mates. Then check the friends list at bottom and remove anyone that still shows as needing aid, because they have not aided in at least 5 days. Finally, I aid anyone listed above me in the neighborhood list. (I do usually take a quick glance at the friend's profile message before removing them to see if they have listed a reason there for being inactive, such as a vacation.)

DeletedUser29933

you may first need to enable filter options from the small button in the top left corner of event history (browser version) If playing from app, i'd recommend finding pc access occasionally and aiding from history as stated above then booting any remaining or at least verify by searching the player in history.

*Be very sure you are spelling the name correctly...a simple typo could cause you to dump an active friend you thought showed no history when searched

DeletedUser35475

Here's my process that I use on 6 worlds. Filter the Event History for 'Friends', 'Social Interactions', then aid them all. Then go to the guild list at bottom of screen and aid all guild mates. Then check the friends list at bottom and remove anyone that still shows as needing aid, because they have not aided in at least 5 days. Finally, I aid anyone listed above me in the neighborhood list. (I do usually take a quick glance at the friend's profile message before removing them to see if they have listed a reason there for being inactive, such as a vacation.)

Thanks for this. I was looking for a way to tell who was active and who wasn't and this looks like a great way to do it.

DeletedUser

What if they were aiding/siting daily for a year straight then just went on vacation for a week?
That's where you use a little discretion. And I've always welcomed such players back onto my friends list if they do get removed.

Glaun

Before I delete a player who hasn't aided me for two or three cycles, I cut and paste a message telling the player why I am unfriending him and an opportunity to refriend.

Agent327

That's where you use a little discretion. And I've always welcomed such players back onto my friends list if they do get removed.

Before I delete a player who hasn't aided me for two or three cycles, I cut and paste a message telling the player why I am unfriending him and an opportunity to refriend.

For that to work 1 of the 2 should still be able to send requests and that is rare.