• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inactive players, when does FOE bump them?

**Z**

I have players I contributed to years ago that have not been active for years. They still show up in my list of Gb's I've contributed. Does anyone know why FOE just let's these accounts hang out there cluttering up your "contributed to" list and probably are in hoods too? FOE days they have a policy where accounts inactive for 12 month get deleted but I seriously doubt it is true. Maybe they leave them cuz it looks better if they say we have a zillion players when in reality it is much less? Hmmm. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebeondi Asi

Since it doesn't affect my game to have those GBs stuck in limbo (yes I have some too) I don't care about that point. Since Foe works pretty well, and is a fun game... Why would I get my panties in a bunch over the trivial wastelands left hanging? As to why they leave them Guessing is not productive IMO.

Last edited:

Agent327

Does anyone know why FOE just let's these accounts hang out there cluttering up your "contributed to" list and probably are in hoods too?

They are in hoods, but not the hoods you are in. They are in hoods with other inactive players. It has nothing to do with looking good for having a lot of players. Accounts with diamonds on them are not deleted. Cities can be deleted. Accounts not. Those are only deleted on your own request, or when you seriously break the rules.

67Sage101

As to why they leave them Guessing is not productive IMO.

As a engineer and a programmer I always find it fascinating to try and solve problems. I love coming up with new ideas to fix issues and I forever tweak the code to make new things possible. I'm going to say that at some point developing this game became a 9-5 job when management said just get the tasks we asked you to complete done and move on.

It would be easy to implement some code to detect inactivity and return FP to the original player. They just don't want to do it.

Ebeondi Asi

The problem of Forge Points IMO is one of where does it stop? Inno decided it wold stop at zero. No return no matter what messed up thing happened.This keeps the endless requests for fixing' user error to zero. which I have to say is very smart on Inno's part. Sure the double clicks flipping Gbs are annoying. True the never completed GB are annoying. The plus side of the no return is snipers have to be careful.. Which is again a great thing. Juts think of the endless requests from snipers for FP return when the GB is not flipped. Then the sniper has almost zero risk. Bad...

67Sage101

Which is again a great thing. Juts think of the endless requests from snipers for FP return when the GB is not flipped. Then the sniper has almost zero risk. Bad...

In this case I would program the inactivity detection to be based on login+activity in the world. If a player logs in and choses not to level the GB because they are mad at the sniper then the timer for inactivity would reset. However, if the player does not log in for a long period of time, or the player never intends to level the building, there is both no harm to the player since he didn't want to level the GB. And the sniper get's his FP back without any ARC bonus. I see no issue to either player.

67Sage101

Then the sniper has almost zero risk. Bad...

I was repeatedly was hit every day by a more powerful neighbor that plundered my level 2 terrace farm every time he could. So I set the Terrace farm to the 5 minute production. Then he sniped my Traz. Then I got lucky and found him in the middle of leveling his AO on a 1.9 thread and sniped #2 for double the amount he got from my TF's. He quit plundering after that..and he stopped sniping. He did stop leveling for a week. But I knew if he played at all he'd want to keep leveling his AO. No risk to me at all unless he just quit the game forever. I figured that was unlikely but anything can happen I guess.

Agent327

As a engineer and a programmer I always find it fascinating to try and solve problems. I love coming up with new ideas to fix issues and I forever tweak the code to make new things possible. I'm going to say that at some point developing this game became a 9-5 job when management said just get the tasks we asked you to complete done and move on.

It would be easy to implement some code to detect inactivity and return FP to the original player. They just don't want to do it.

Original player has donated those forgepoint. They no longer belong to him/her.

Ebeondi Asi

I was looking at my small Fp on other players GBs. One player was gone almost a year and just returned. So it seems not removing players for inactivity can be a good thing for previous players who stop then return...

wolfhoundtoo

If they are inactive they'll surely be at the back of the GB list in which case you can ignore them. Or don't look at your list problem solved. :p

As others have said you spent your forge point when you put them in a great building and there are no guarantees of returns.

Emberguard

FOE days they have a policy where accounts inactive for 12 month get deleted but I seriously doubt it is true.
It’s true. Inactive account does NOT mean the same thing as a inactive world. The entire account has to be inactive for 12 months (or 3 years from time of last purchase) for the account to be deleted.

inactive worlds has different criteria and won’t show up in neighbourhood after a much shorter time. A google search shows 1-2 weeks as a likely timeframe

Emberguard

That would defeat the whole point of the contribution and its reward. You only get something back if it levels up. If it didn’t level then you haven’t met requirements. Once spent the FPs already achieved their purpose: progress towards the level. if you get a refund then it reduces the need to apply strategy or to even finish the level. Particularly if you get more back via refund than you would from the reward.

Emberguard

or the player never intends to level the building, there is both no harm to the player since he didn't want to level the GB
Really? No harm? You donated the FPs. If they get reset then it has to be done back again from scratch. If others jump on while some get refunded you also drastically change the reward payout per player. I’ve seen some GBs where if I could refund I could then reput FPs to gain literal hundreds by adjusting my contribution to a smaller amount

Aside from which the time it takes to level up a GB always changes due to things like meta changes, powercreep, current level and order of priority

67Sage101

Really? No harm? You donated the FPs. If they get reset then it has to be done back again from scratch. If others jump on while some get refunded you also drastically change the reward payout per player.
Aside from which the time it takes to level up a GB always changes due to things like meta changes, powercreep, current level and order of priority
My point is primarily about players that have obviously quit the game or taken a leave of absence. I'm not saying we need a button to immediately extract whatever we put on, what I advocate for is a time limit. 6 months would be fine with me. After 6 month, if a GB is not leveled, ALL FP return to original donors. Even the owners FP could be returned. Simple fix to an obvious issue in the game.

DevaCat

To add to this, the OP nowhere addresses fp contributions in his question, making such (perhaps) a topic for another thread. But as this has been thoroughly covered with discussion in the Ideas section, and you already know the results of that, why bother?

Emberguard

My point is primarily about players that have obviously quit the game or taken a leave of absence. I'm not saying we need a button to immediately extract whatever we put on, what I advocate for is a time limit. 6 months would be fine with me. After 6 month, if a GB is not leveled, ALL FP return to original donors. Even the owners FP could be returned. Simple fix to an obvious issue in the game.
I know. That doesn’t change what I said in regards to the contributors on that GB. It changes the numbers.

67Sage101

The issue is not in the game, but with you. Those fp's have been donated. They no longer belong to you. There is nothing to return.

LOL.....o_O your logic makes no sense to me. But I see it does to at least 4 others. Woo hoo! The agent has spoken....all knees shall bow.

Johnny B. Goode

LOL.....o_O your logic makes no sense to me. But I see it does to at least 4 others. Woo hoo! The agent has spoken....all knees shall bow.
Ummm...if his logic makes no sense to you, then you still have a lot to learn about the game. Once you donate FP, you are guaranteed nothing in return. You can lock a spot, but that doesn't guarantee that the owner, or anyone else, will ever level the GB. That seems to be the issue at the heart of the OP's post, that he has dead GBs on his contribution list where the owners have apparently stopped playing...or at least stopped leveling those particular GBs. There are at least a couple of reasons why no one else would or could level them. One is that they may be disconnected from roads, and another is that the amount of FP required to finish the level may be prohibitive. In any case, once the FP leave your bar/inventory, you have no control over what happens. And that is perfectly logical.