• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inactive players, when does FOE bump them?

Agent327

I think of it like money. I give money to you and you do nothing with it but put it in your wallet for a year....then you throw your wallet in the trash with the money still in it (i.e. you quit playing the game) and then I come and take the money back out of your wallet and put it back in my wallet.

Now you get it! You gave me the money. You did not lend it to me, so it is no longer yours. Whatever I want to do with it is my choice and you have no say over that. If I want to throw it in the trash I can. If you happen to find my wallet, you are still not allowed to take out the cash, cause that would still be considered stealing. You are supposed to give me back my wallet with what is still my cash in it. It stopped being yours the moment you donated it.

Graviton

It's about changing your perspective, because when it comes down to it, the only opinion you have any control over is your own. You can argue your logical point all day but you can't force anybody to agree with you. Disagreement also does not mean that you're a victim of anything nor that you can slap labels on people in order to dismiss their opinions. Not everybody will agree with you, that's just how it works.

So, since Inno's not going to do anything about it for reasons, you can adjust the way you view those FPs: when you put them on a GB, they are gone, one way or another. They're either an investment that will pay off or they're a risky bet that you will lose. Either way, once you've placed them, pay them no mind and the problem is solved.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The problem I have with the whole concept of returning fp after 6 months or a year or whatever really shows up in the situation where I'm not currently working on a building and someone comes along and adds some fp. Maybe a lot of fp. I didn't ask them to do this, it was their choice to do so. Maybe at some point in the future I'll work the building again, but when or if I work it should be up to me, not some arbitrary chosen time frame. Maybe others decide to add fp too. Their choice. If enough gets added maybe I'll go ahead and level it.

This also brings up the issue of when the timer starts, and who it affects. If it's on an individual basis, then that would really mess up positions, and open up sniping possibilities unbeknownst to the owner and cause all kinds of havoc. If it's global, then buildings in the sweet spot would suddenly become snipable.

Neither case is a good one, and this would create new problems where none existed previously.

Sounds like a lot of programming work and balancing issues for Inno, where there are none currently. I can't imagine Inno wanting to take this on, and I wouldn't trust them not to royally mess everything up if they did. The points are donated. They are gone. Live with the choices you made. Don't make your problem into everyone else's too. And I haven't even touched on the alt account banking issue or other issues I can plainly see coming if this were to happen...

gergor

Investing in someone's GB has an element of risk that adds to the game. While I agree it would be nice to be able to strike someone that's been on my list for over a year without progress, that is purely cosmetic--the FP should not be returned or there would be no risk in deciding to invest; that would take away a valuable element of the game. A lender takes a calculated risk when they make an unsecured loan. Sometimes, they lose. Returning the FP would also change the effect of the 100 current FP limit on game strategy by adding a safe, albeit indefinite storage option so you can continue collecting and generating from buildings. Neither removing risk nor adding a safe store improves the game.

MaryTheBold

I have players I contributed to years ago that have not been active for years. They still show up in my list of Gb's I've contributed. Does anyone know why FOE just let's these accounts hang out there cluttering up your "contributed to" list and probably are in hoods too? FOE days they have a policy where accounts inactive for 12 month get deleted but I seriously doubt it is true. Maybe they leave them cuz it looks better if they say we have a zillion players when in reality it is much less? Hmmm. Thoughts?
Or... maybe the player returns before the 12 months are over to keep the game active. I would never delete or abandon a city worked on for many reasons other than my addiction but also the pain of starting all over. Totally captivated. Challenging. Will never quit.

All said would never wait or invest my fps on bldgs. w/o knowing the rhythm of the player. i will hold other's fps w/random placements w/no thought, some variables, gb and # of fps placed matter.

Last edited: