• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incident Feedback

ITown

I get why you want to run an AB test on new features, but what I don't get is why you don't specifically notify the players who have incidents enabled.

Since I have no idea if I'm in the control or test group, I'm not going to bother looking for them.

Also, I was already experiencing some major freezes in my roads, so that won't seem out of the ordinary either.

DeletedUser30312

Saw this in my city over on Parkog earlier:

incident.jpg

The idea doesn't seem bad to me, but I got too much to do in my city to poke around all day looking for an incident which may or may not be there. I'd like to see an alert or something to let us know something's going on.

qaccy

Saw this in my city over on Parkog earlier:

View attachment 6364

The idea doesn't seem bad to me, but I got too much to do in my city to poke around all day looking for an incident which may or may not be there. I'd like to see an alert or something to let us know something's going on.

Incidents persist for 24 hours, so you can just take a quick glance through when you collect or do your aiding to see if any have popped up!

DeletedUser24873

Well I used to take the time to search for Incidents in Beta, but since Inno reduced the rewards I am not sure there is any reason to spend the time looking for them anymore.

DeletedUser26120

They need to fix where incidents pop up in the middle of roads. This would be impossible to see in later eras.

Agree Achaeus - they really did nerf it way too much. It was OP before but now it kind of sucks.

Algona

Not happy about giving up Treasure Hunt for Incidents. 30 seconds 6 times a day versus searching the map multiple times a day?

I hope folks have fun with this.

Hated searching for Apples, Lanterns, Easter Eggs. Now more searching. Joy.

Since I have no idea if I'm in the control or test group, I'm not going to bother looking for them.

Same here.

DeletedUser

Not happy about giving up Treasure Hunt for Incidents. 30 seconds 6 times a day versus searching the map multiple times a day?

I hope folks have fun with this.

Hated searching for Apples, Lanterns, Easter Eggs. Now more searching. Joy.

Same here.
I'm getting them in 2 of my 3 main worlds. Don't remember what I got in the first one, but just picked up 3 in my second city and I'm not impressed. First two were each 105 coins. Considering I'm sitting at over 93 million coins, not even worth my time. The third one was a CdM BP. Again, not worth my time.

fbc3bc0fe3d265845cf3e6acdb9acc7aa56655b2848684861d990f5dd9315399.jpg

DeletedUser26965

"...we want to make sure that it's not hurting any area of the game (mainly your activity as a player)...."

What does that mean? Like if it creates bugs in other areas of the game?

qaccy

Treasure hunt isn't able to produce diamonds. Incidents can. By that metric alone, that's already an improvement for some over the treasure hunt. Any diamonds at all is still an improvement over zero.

Anyway, Inno seems to have data indicating that the treasure hunt was not a very widely-used/popular feature, hence it never being a priority to port over to mobile and its now-imminent removal from the game*. If this ends up being a seldom-used feature as well, perhaps it will meet a similar fate.

*fun fact, GvG is also something that shows no signs of being ported to mobile. Can I be a doomsayer and try to claim this as evidence that GvG is not meeting usage expectations and is going to be removed at some point in the future as well? :p

DeletedUser26660

Twice so far today on level 3 GE I have had relics that I clicked on and nother happened, the relic disappeared but I did not get a reward. Just before the Incident notice came up everything was fine and I collected 2 relics, but then as soon as the Incident notice came up this problem occurred, will file a ticket now...it is another problem that seems unnecessary :(

DeletedUser20367

Twice so far today on level 3 GE I have had relics that I clicked on and nother happened, the relic disappeared but I did not get a reward. Just before the Incident notice came up everything was fine and I collected 2 relics, but then as soon as the Incident notice came up this problem occurred, will file a ticket now...it is another problem that seems unnecessary :(

Yes, I've had that happen to me to on two different worlds.

DeletedUser26660

and again, just in GE, clicked on another gold relic and it disappeared without any reward !!!!