• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incident Feedback

DeletedUser31882

I was one of the lucky few that had incidents before the full roll-out. Can confirm the rewards in BA/IA doubled and I have received more FP & diamond payouts instead of 10%coin/supply boosters for Rhinos. I believe incidents did not have the glow behind them originally, which made them harder to find. The rarity color glowey-thingey-stuff is an excellent addition.

I started, and remain, a mostly mobile user. Incidents, especially now they have been powered up, are more rewarding than Treasure hunt, imo. Then again, I am unable to play on the browser version to maintain a full TH reward cycle. *shrugs*

I'm sorry if these have already been mentioned. I didn't have time to read through the 27 pages of comments.

Two suggestions for Incidents.

First, the lower rewards need to be leveled by age. Clicking for a 300 gold or supplies reward is hardly worth the effort. The rare ones are much better. But the common ones should be a bit more, depending on your age, of course. As a CA player, 2-3K would be much more worth my time.

Secondly, the graphics are cute, but I think you should get at least a name or title, if not a short description of what you clicked on, rather than JUST a reward notification when you click on them. I honestly don't even know what some of these ARE. If you're trying to add to the richness of the game, than some kind of narrative should accompany these. Otherwise, it's just a hunt and click-for-reward kind of thing.

DeletedUser31592

The rewards ARE leveled by age. You get 12 supplies in BA. Or 2 medals. Or some other super small quantity of whatever reward.

The rewards ARE leveled by age. You get 12 supplies in BA. Or 2 medals. Or some other super small quantity of whatever reward.

I thought MAYBE they were but still, 300 coins/supplies is NOTHING when I'm pulling in over 50K a day of each. They need to be higher to be worth even looking for and clicking. Like I said, I'm happy with the rare ones. Those seem appropriate.

ODragon

I thought MAYBE they were but still, 300 coins/supplies is NOTHING when I'm pulling in over 50K a day of each. They need to be higher to be worth even looking for and clicking. Like I said, I'm happy with the rare ones. Those seem appropriate.
Yeah, I would be happy if they completely got rid of the coins/supplies and just left the other ones at the rate they are being given out. It would mean a lot less incidents but the ones you got would be worth the time!

DeletedUser31882

I'll second this and add data points:
BA: Pre-Full Release: 10gold/supply. Post: 20 gold/supply
IA: Pre: 30 Gold/supply. Post: 60 gold/supply

Sorry, I didn't track exact numbers for medals, but my gut tells me those payouts follow a similar pattern.

@ODragon & @FiveCentFather Do you do the Treasure Hunt on Browser? I haven't done the math, but I believe incidents would equal or exceed those payouts. Common incidents also have a chance of medals/goods while early treasure hunt does not. I disagree that the commons should be removed. I've used them to micro-manage recurring quest completions.

It would be nice to have the commons give 20 diamonds... :cool:

DeletedUser

Yeah, I would be happy if they completely got rid of the coins/supplies and just left the other ones at the rate they are being given out. It would mean a lot less incidents but the ones you got would be worth the time!
Look, if you guys don't want free stuff, don't click on them. I love free stuff, even in small amounts. If this game were a sprint, I might see you point, but it is definitely a marathon and every little bit adds up over the long run.

ODragon

@ODragon & @FiveCentFather Do you do the Treasure Hunt on Browser? I haven't done the math, but I believe incidents would equal or exceed those payouts. Common incidents also have a chance of medals/goods while early treasure hunt does not. I disagree that the commons should be removed. I've used them to micro-manage recurring quest completions.
Yes, I do Treasure Hunt (lets call it TH for short) and I've not compared. I can say I've gotten a ton more FP and troops from TH than I have from incidents.

What I have compared is this. On TH, I only have to click 6 times during the day. I don't even have to click to check if it is time to collect, that can be done by hovering over the icon.

With Incident, I have to pan around my whole map looking for something that may or may not be obvious and is most likely to be a waste of two clicks (one to collect the incident, one to close out the what I got screen). That's if you can even see them as there are now a couple that can be completely hidden by buildings.

I don't think either @FiveCentFather or I are advocating the removal of commons. We are advocating the removal of coins/supplies (actually, I really just want to suppress the pop up but getting rid of coins/supplies would probably be the same amount of clicks saved).

If coins/supplies were removed, all they would have to do is change the odds of commons appearing so that the rate at which you get medals/goods is the same.

DeletedUser

If coins/supplies were removed, all they would have to do is change the odds of commons appearing so that the rate at which you get medals/goods is the same.
This is the same (dare I say silly?) complaint and suggestion we get here about some of the prizes in GE. You all want every single prize/reward to be "worth" getting. It's free! Don't look for them if you don't want them. If all you want is the "big" prizes, just click on the uncommon and rare incidents, a little record keeping would tell you which are which. Of course if you're complaining about a little clicking, record keeping might not be your cup of tea, so you're stuck with just not clicking on them. I for one like free stuff and my fingers, though probably older than yours, are perfectly capable of clicking the mouse a few times to get that free stuff.:D

DeletedUser29623

If I played largely on browser they’d drive me crazy, but on a tablet, Incidents are fun and easy. Less lucrative than TH but I don’t have to set any alarms.

One unforeseen upside to them is that kids love them, and when I was visiting a household with a 6 and 9 yo recently, they were able to “help” me and therefore didn’t complain about how boring the gameplay is to watch.

DeletedUser31882

What I have compared is this. On TH, I only have to click 6 times during the day. I don't even have to click to check if it is time to collect, that can be done by hovering over the icon.

I don't think either @FiveCentFather or I are advocating the removal of commons. We are advocating the removal of coins/supplies (actually, I really just want to suppress the pop up but getting rid of coins/supplies would probably be the same amount of clicks saved).

Ah. I did misunderstand you & Fivecent on the specifics of removal, my apologies. I lean towards Longshanks position that the coin/supply removal would diminish the joy of getting 'the good stuff'. Tis the nature of RNG rewards I suppose. Gotta have the 'garbage' loot to make the other stuff sweet.

I agree that a suppress pop up would be nice. Having the coins/supplies pop up like a normal collection would make the pop-up window more exciting to get.

@Lauramiller I heard (I forget where) that incidents were originally designed for mobile, specifically to give them a TH alternative? Presuming that is true, it makes me wonder if there was a bit of thought to target the demographic that enjoys the find-and-click shenanigans.

DeletedUser31397

Ok I get it. It's free stuff. But a 10% coin/supply boost on a 'rare' incident is still quite underwhelming. If it were a 24 hour one with a larger boost that would seem ideal. I'd rather just get 1 FP than this 'rare' prize. Shame that incidents were nerfed bigtime on beta before being introduced to live servers. I expect nothing from them now...

DeletedUser29623

@Lauramiller I heard (I forget where) that incidents were originally designed for mobile, specifically to give them a TH alternative? Presuming that is true, it makes me wonder if there was a bit of thought to target the demographic that enjoys the find-and-click shenanigans.

I don’t know that there’s all that much of a “demographic” difference. It’s much easier to resize and move the map around in mobile than it is in the browser version, so incident hunting is a lot faster and less clunky. Also the game looks spectacular on mobile, with much richer colors and finer details. The browser version is drab and muddy by comparison, as well as very slow and clumsy, so in that sense incidents seem better suited to mobile.

DeletedUser30312

It seems like the people sailing in my harbour are really bad at navigating... I found 2 shipwrecks and 3 SOSs in a single hour.... I should declare my harbour off limits....

You should see all the crap that washed up at my city.

And road incidents do appear on the single tile roads, hell I had a tree fall on a semi-abandoned city that has just one single road tile in it:

tree.jpg

It took Inno a while, but I think they've done a decent job with Incidents.

DeletedUser29404

I, for one, enjoy the Incidents. Tho, it seems that the Incident prizes have been lowered. I have had some Uncommons paying out 170 Medals in PE, and now it seems their only giving 36-70. It was more thrilling to find some Incidents before. Tho the ones "hiding" behing taller GBs on roads drive me crazy.

DeletedUser26120

Just saw an incident type I hadn't seen before - indian tepee. Gave high amount of medals, 60 in CA.

Has that always been there?

DeletedUser31560

We want this live for everyone please. :) Will be glad to see that in 2-3 weeks.

Side note: has anybody seen SoS incident? I haven't gotten that one.
Many times. It is written on the beach perhaps in a couple of locations.

DeletedUser29623

People with more than one city: Does it sometimes seem that one city will get a lot more incidents than another?