• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incident Feedback

DeletedUser31882

People with more than one city: Does it sometimes seem that one city will get a lot more incidents than another?

I've noticed that if I do not log into my other cities for awhile, the city has no incidents, but incidents will start appearing later in the day. My current theory is incident timers may be tied to some sort of daily or 24 hour restart gate. *shrugs*

DeletedUser30312

They're supposed to last for 24 hours. So I generally sweep around my city when I first log in to catch most of them. They seem to average about 10 a day sometimes more sometimes less. During the test period, I don't think I had more than 5 at once, so they've increased in frequency since being fully launched.

DeletedUser9930

Yes, Laura, they vary widely, though I've not noticed a consistent bias for any one city. Here's today's stats, presented in the order of visitation:
G-World Arctic Future 7 incidents
X CA 20 incidents of which 2 were 'rare'
U PME 7 (1)
E AF 12 (2)
B PME 10 (2)
C F 7
D T 4
F CE 13 (4)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28711

Did diamonds get nerfed as Incident rewards?

I was one of the many that had to wait until the official release which was a month ago & I've yet to get diamonds as a reward.

DeletedUser25166

Did diamonds get nerfed as Incident rewards?

I was one of the many that had to wait until the official release which was a month ago & I've yet to get diamonds as a reward.
Same. And Daily Challenges yet for me. Sucks

DeletedUser25431

Just one more thing, sir. It's certainly interfering with city planning if you have to try and keep every single road visible so you don't miss any incidents. It would be a further impediment to city planning if incidents are also capable of popping up just to the north or east of your city edges behind those structures.

Does anyone know if there are any plans by the developers to prevent incidents from popping up behind our structures, therefore remaining hidden; or perhaps are they at least considering a way to make any incident popping up behind a structure visible/stand out nonetheless?

DeletedUser31392

Incidents will change positions if you log out and log back in to that world. It’s not ideal but if you are looking to grab every incident you can do that once or twice to see if you can find any other extras hanging around.

As for Diamonds I have received them on occasion well after the full release to Live servers. It seems to be extremely rare, probably 1% when you get a rare incident or something small like that. It’s also only 5 Diamonds when you get them so it’s not like you are missing much truthfully.

DeletedUser25431

Incidents will change positions if you log out and log back in to that world. It’s not ideal but if you are looking to grab every incident you can do that once or twice to see if you can find any other extras hanging around.

As for Diamonds I have received them on occasion well after the full release to Live servers. It seems to be extremely rare, probably 1% when you get a rare incident or something small like that. It’s also only 5 Diamonds when you get them so it’s not like you are missing much truthfully.
Thank you, sir. Mind you, I only ask because I have this nephew, see, and he, well... That's a long story, sir. I'm sure you don't have the time and I don't want to keep you any further. But, thank you. Thank you very much, sir.

Oh. Just one more thing, sir...

DeletedUser31592

I got 5 diamonds tonight. Only the rhino on the raft will give diamonds. Between my 7 cities, I've gotten diamonds about 4 or 5 times total.

DeletedUser26120

Have three worlds (V, Z, and Beta) and all seem to get same amount of incidents.
I was mistaken. Z world seems to get fewer incidents.

I would assume it is correlated to player's age. I just recently moved up to EMA, will see if I get slightly more now.

DeletedUser29623

My younger city seems to get more of them than my older, main city. I wondered if this is because there’s more wilderness for them to appear in or because they’re meant to encourage newer players, but it’s probably just that I check it less often

DeletedUser31392

I think it’s the same honestly. I let mine collect for a full 24 hrs for the commons, usually end up with about 10, depending on when I do my daily collection and when the incidents spawn, but if I don’t get ~10 when I do collect a few more pop up not long after.

Uncommons I will usually get between 2-5 show up. Rares I have seen 0-2 in a day, I don’t recall ever getting more than 2 appear in the same 24 hour period, but I usually collect Uncommons and Rares when I see them to snag extra fps on the rare occasions they drop.

So it seems based on my observations we get about 15 a day. I think some folks collect them as they pop up so they feel they get less, but if you let them build up for 24 hours you’ll see just how many you get. To do that without losing any is to collect every single one you can find when you collect from your Town Hall and use that as a timer. The following day do a few rounds around your city 10-15 minutes before your town hall collection if you can and see if you find a difference.

The players claiming to not finding many Incidents could also just be getting Road tile ones that are harder to find unless you are actively seeking out each one. I found if you go into the “Move” mode and drag a large building around your city you can “see” through the buildings to the road tiles and find those ones a bit easier. Turning on animations before doing rounds helps as well since the cars or people will build up behind the Road tile incidents.

Hope that is informative and helps a bit :)

Zatrikon

Kite caught in a tree? Solve that problem by removing the tree!

All our cities are populated by the worst sailors in the world. Even though our people want Drydocks to make ships and Boatyards to make boats, they're utterly incompetent when it comes to operating these vessels. Even though the water is always totally calm, rowboats always capsize, and ships always wreck upon the shore.

The birds and drones fly above the city without crashing into buildings. You'd think some boats and ships could go by without running aground, tipping over, or becoming infested with rhinoceroses.

DeletedUser34671

Where have "incidents" gone? I was getting 10 to 15 per day playing in a different profile. I decided to start over from the ground up playing 2 worlds in a new profile, and there are zero incidents. Maybe they don't show up until after a certain technology is researched? Or have they stopped for everyone?

DeletedUser32488

I believe the rate of incidents is completely random and is based on the amount of space there is for them to spawn. For example, an OF city with many expansions will have less room for them compared to a BA city and will thus get less incidents. With the random amounts, try measuring them for a month and see if that makes the numbers more equal. For all we know there could be a pattern to the amount of incidents per day.

DeletedUser34671

I believe the rate of incidents is completely random and is based on the amount of space there is for them to spawn. For example, an OF city with many expansions will have less room for them compared to a BA city and will thus get less incidents. With the random amounts, try measuring them for a month and see if that makes the numbers more equal. For all we know there could be a pattern to the amount of incidents per day.

This seems incorrect. Previously in my old profile I was playing 6 worlds simultaneously, and getting maybe 15 incidents every day in each world. Roughly the same amount per world, every day.

Now I'm playing two completely new worlds in a completely new profile. Tons of space for incidents. I'm sick in bed and bored, so I've been playing non stop for two days since I started in each world, and not one single incident in either world. Weird.

DeletedUser32488

Now I'm playing two completely new worlds in a completely new profile. Tons of space for incidents. I'm sick in bed and bored, so I've been playing non stop for two days since I started in each world, and not one single incident in either world. Weird.
Remember that you must first research cultivation to unlock incidents. Also, if you're sick ( at least for me), you can forget little things (like picking up that one incident and getting a tiny bit of coins or supplies)

DeletedUser34671

Remember that you must first research cultivation to unlock incidents. Also, if you're sick ( at least for me), you can forget little things (like picking up that one incident and getting a tiny bit of coins or supplies)

Ah yes thank, this was the missing piece of information that even support didn't tell me about when I asked. I researched Cultivation, and indeed I now have incidents popping up. Yay.