• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incident numbers

Johnny B. Goode

I had seen mentioned on the Forum that there were 15 Incidents spawned per day per city. Well, I just collected 20 Incidents in one sweep of a city and surrounding map area. Just thought I'd mention this in light of the previous mentions of a specific limit.

Edit: Next three cities there were 18, 18 and 16 Incidents. And then 17. Then 10 (just for variety).

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

So now, in the same cities where I was having 18-20 Incidents a day, I all of a sudden find 4 or less in a day. Just when I get the "collect 5 Incidents" event quest. Strange, wouldn't you say? (And I had not collected them within the last 24 hours, so by the "official word", I should have had at least 15 available.)

Kranyar the Mysterious

So now, in the same cities where I was having 18-20 Incidents a day, I all of a sudden find 4 or less in a day. Just when I get the "collect 5 Incidents" event quest. Strange, wouldn't you say? (And I had not collected them within the last 24 hours, so by the "official word", I should have had at least 15 available.)
Ya, funny how that works every event. I wasn't able to collect that one until late in the evening even though I got it late the quest the prior evening. After finishing the quest I got a ton of them within a few minutes.

Johnny B. Goode

Ya, funny how that works every event. I wasn't able to collect that one until late in the evening even though I got it late the quest the prior evening. After finishing the quest I got a ton of them within a few minutes.
On a couple of worlds I have been waiting for over a day for more Incidents to show up. After the glut of Incidents pre-event, it sure is suspicious.

Johnny B. Goode

If you know a collect incident quest is coming up, it is best to just leave your incidents sitting until you unlock the quest, then finish immediately.
I tried that, it only works if the quest comes up that day. If you leave them and the quest shows up the next day, they're mysteriously gone and they don't show up until hours later...or the next day. That is what happened on at least half of the worlds involved for me. The other thing wrong with your method, they had 2 quests that asked you to collect Incidents separated by only one or two other quests. So if you do have Incidents, you have to remember to only collect enough to satisfy the first quest and no more, so there will be some to collect for the second quest.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I tried that, it only works if the quest comes up that day. If you leave them and the quest shows up the next day, they're mysteriously gone and they don't show up until hours later...or the next day. That is what happened on at least half of the worlds involved for me. The other thing wrong with your method, they had 2 quests that asked you to collect Incidents separated by only one or two other quests. So if you do have Incidents, you have to remember to only collect enough to satisfy the first quest and no more, so there will be some to collect for the second quest.
Ya, having two in a row like that was weird, and what messed me up too this time. I check the fan wiki list throughout to see what quests are coming up to help determine which ones I need to be prepared for (especially long productions).

Incidents only last 24 hours, and if not collected vanish. If they vanish, the respawn of incidents won't start until you next visit your city. If you miss one on a road, but visit your city multiple times a day you won't likely notice the lapse. If you haven't visited in a couple of days, you'll notice the total lack of incidents, and they won't start respawning until your current visit.

Johnny B. Goode

Ya, having two in a row like that was weird, and what messed me up too this time. I check the fan wiki list throughout to see what quests are coming up to help determine which ones I need to be prepared for (especially long productions).

Incidents only last 24 hours, and if not collected vanish. If they vanish, the respawn of incidents won't start until you next visit your city. If you miss one on a road, but visit your city multiple times a day you won't likely notice the lapse. If you haven't visited in a couple of days, you'll notice the total lack of incidents, and they won't start respawning until your current visit.
What happened is that I skipped most of my cities on Sunday, then visited them Monday morning. Most had no Incidents at all and none had enough to fulfill a quest, and when I visited many of them again later on Monday some still had no Incidents, and a few had some but not enough to fulfill even one of the quests. And I'm talking hours later, not minutes. Plenty of time for Incidents to spawn. Unless...

wolfhoundtoo

Or you simply didn't notice them in your city. They can be rather hard to spot on the roads which is far more likely a scenario than Inno gaming a quest that they designed in the first place. If they wanted to make the quest take longer they could of just made the incident number higher. :rolleyes:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Or you simply didn't notice them in your city. They can be rather hard to spot on the roads which is far more likely a scenario than Inno gaming a quest that they designed in the first place. If they wanted to make the quest take longer they could of just made the incident number higher. :rolleyes:
Ever hear of swiping over your city with a building like a Traz on mobile? Do that a couple of times a day, you'll never miss an incident hidden on a road.

Johnny B. Goode

Yeah, no. These are Iron Age cities with mostly short buildings. Arranged so that all roads are easily visible. And I am using a 32 inch flat screen TV as a monitor. I didn't miss anything. As I said, I noticed this before in other events, so I was looking very carefully for Incidents.

wolfhoundtoo

Don't play on mobile and of course you've 'noticed' it before on other events. You've decided already and only acknowledge data that supports your theory. Funny I guess I must be special as I can find incidents in my city so I guess Inno likes me more than you. I'll have to remember to ask my mother when she went to work for Inno. :)

Johnny B. Goode

Don't play on mobile and of course you've 'noticed' it before on other events.
Who said anything about playing on mobile? And yes, I've noticed it before...and posted about it here on the Forum.
You've decided already and only acknowledge data that supports your theory.
What data? You put forth the possibility that there were Incidents there and I simply "didn't see" them. I then explained that this was not the case. Do you have data from my cities that I don't? Please share it if you do. I haven't decided anything, I'm just saying that it is strange how often this seems to happen. Especially in light of my OP on this thread, which is from before the event started.

Johnny B. Goode

So I just visited all 27 of my cities. Searched for and collected Incidents on all of them. On 26 worlds there were at least half a dozen Incidents each, with most have in the 8-12 range. On the other one there was a single Incident. One. And guess which city was the only one on the event quest asking to collect 3 Incidents? Yep. That one world. I even went back after visiting 17 other cities, which took over an hour. Still no more Incidents.

Now, does this happen every time I have a quest requiring the collection of Incidents? No, of course not. But it happens pretty frequently. I normally never have this few Incidents in a city unless I've just collected there, or haven't visited it in several days. Neither is usually the case during events, and they have not been the case specifically in this event (Spring 2021). And it has happened several times during this event in multiple cities. I don't know why it happens, and I'm not claiming that Inno designs it that way on purpose, but it is very strange how often it happens. And anyone who is familiar with my posting history knows that I am generally one of the first to downplay alleged discrepancies with the various RNG mechanics in this game. I have noticed this happening off and on from the time that Incidents were introduced and then required for quests. Again, strange.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I was just coming to the forum to see if anyone had posted about incidents after SAV came out. I've only seen like 3 incidents in a day and half since SAV came out. Anyone else seeing a dramatic drop in incidents over the last 2 days?