• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Confirmed Incident - Reward Not Available

Lankybrit

Hi,

I've got this many times over the last couple of days. You click on an incident and it says - Reward Not Available Any More.

Lankybrit

This hasn't been fixed, but has changed. Now, incidents can just give no reward without any notification. The 'Reward Not Available Any More' message is no longer presented.

I have had the same experience, but I don't think you are missing a reward. I have clicked on incidents got the reward, but when I clicked the same incident appeared right next to the one I just clicked. I think it is just a visual glitch with no reward to have in the first place. It happens more when I have lag.

CDmark

This hasn't been fixed, but has changed. Now, incidents can just give no reward without any notification. The 'Reward Not Available Any More' message is no longer presented.
100% correct. And I dont think it is an expired incident. I have seen at least 2 times, I collect them all, then another appears, click it, says nothing.

Bluemaxx51

I just clicked on 7 separate incidents and not a one of them gave a reward. this has been happening on and off for a number of days now. Why is this not fixed???

FLYonWALL

yes some you click on and others popups and they are nothing there Does not get removed after the counter ends, is my guess
Was fine Before the last event
not happy at all With 9 worlds
Is this some kind of joke meant for us

Last edited:

Periclez

Yes, they still "fizzle". This may be coincidental (!) but all fizzels I've had so far are incidents that are not doing the "3-flash". All incidents I've clicked that are not doing the "3-flash" have returned nothing. For me, they are new ones, not expired. If I wait, sometimes they eventually begin flashing and then a reward is obtained, other times they disappear on their own!

RazorbackPirate

As this issue seems to be based on the system creating 'ghost' incidences, while annoying, I don't think we're actually missing out on anything. It appears that for each 'ghost' incident (a secondary placement of the valid incidence's image) there is a corresponding valid one you can collect.

I still want the issue addressed, but I'm not concerned I'm missing out on anything I would otherwise get.

Periclez

As this issue seems to be based on the system creating 'ghost' incidences, while annoying, I don't think we're actually missing out on anything. It appears that for each 'ghost' incident (a secondary placement of the valid incidence's image) there is a corresponding valid one you can collect.

I still want the issue addressed, but I'm not concerned I'm missing out on anything I would otherwise get.
I'm not worried about "missing out", as I view the incidents as gifts from the system for being present.

I've seen days where every non-flashing incident is a duplicate of a flashing one (in line with your "ghost" comment), and it later disappears; but it is seldom that simple. I've also seen days where almost every incident is non-flashing and then has disappeared when I return from GE or a settlement, and regular incidents do not appear at a normal rate. On other days regular incidents are normal and there are few of these fizzles or none at all.

I've been watching incidents closely while trying to figure out (without success so far) a click system to consistently obtain medals from common incidents. I might find something that works for a day, more or less, and then it does not. This current fizzle factor adds another feature to figure out. For me it is more interesting than annoying, but I've been unable to see a pattern or cycle so far.

RazorbackPirate

I'm not worried about "missing out", as I view the incidents as gifts from the system for being present.

I've seen days where every non-flashing incident is a duplicate of a flashing one (in line with your "ghost" comment), and it later disappears; but it is seldom that simple. I've also seen days where almost every incident is non-flashing and then has disappeared when I return from GE or a settlement, and regular incidents do not appear at a normal rate. On other days regular incidents are normal and there are few of these fizzles or none at all.

I've been watching incidents closely while trying to figure out (without success so far) a click system to consistently obtain medals from common incidents. I might find something that works for a day, more or less, and then it does not. This current fizzle factor adds another feature to figure out. For me it is more interesting than annoying, but I've been unable to see a pattern or cycle so far.
No point in trying to figure out the logic behind a bug. It's a bug.

There is also no way to 'game' the incident system as you suggest. By the time the incident appears in your city, the reward you'll receive from collecting it has already been assigned. Collect what you collect, you'll get what you get, you have no control. With click timing or any other such nonsense.

Periclez

There is also no way to 'game' the incident system as you suggest. By the time the incident appears in your city, the reward you'll receive from collecting it has already been assigned. Collect what you collect, you'll get what you get, you have no control. With click timing or any other such nonsense.
How did you determine that?

RazorbackPirate

How did you determine that?
Logic, and understanding how other parts of the game work.
  1. Why would any company create a system that can be gamed? That makes no sense.
  2. KISS - Why hit the server twice when once is all you need?
This is no different than all the folks who show up each summer event insisting they can game which prize they get from the wheel by when they click the stop button, when it is 100% demonstrably true that the prize is award when you start the spin, not when you stop the spin.

In all the years I've played this game and watched the forum, you're the first person to ever even suggest such a thing. Bottom line, the burden of proof is on you.

Please prove me wrong, then we can all game the incident system. Good luck with that.

Periclez

Logic, and understanding how other parts of the game work.
  1. Why would any company create a system that can be gamed? That makes no sense.
  2. KISS - Why hit the server twice when once is all you need?
This is no different than all the folks who show up each summer event insisting they can game which prize they get from the wheel by when they click the stop button, when it is 100% demonstrably true that the prize is award when you start the spin, not when you stop the spin.

In all the years I've played this game and watched the forum, you're the first person to ever even suggest such a thing. Bottom line, the burden of proof is on you.

Please prove me wrong, then we can all game the incident system. Good luck with that.
I've seen some indications, but it is a preliminary hypothesis, Nothing to insist on at this point.

I was looking for your reasoning. Thanks for your response, it makes sense. Likely when an incident is clicked on makes no difference.

I'm new here and if no one else has figured out a pattern to the incidents, then either there isn't one, or it will be quite difficult to determine. In the event I happen to find a pattern that is useful for longer than a day I will let you know.

I get the same thing...i click on an incident, and it disappears with no reward. Happened 5 times in the last couple days.

LoveNkind

Hi,

I've got this many times over the last couple of days. You click on an incident and it says - Reward Not Available Any More.
I just did all incidents and not a one was a "ghost incident." All had rewards. Come to think of it, I have not seen that annoyance in days. I hope, I hope, this means you have finally fixed this enduring pest. If you have, then THANK YOU!