• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Incidents and Daily Quests

DeletedUser29799

I'm curious about the staggered rollout for some of these new features. I've got people in my guild who still do not have incidents occurring in their cities. I've also got guildmates that are claiming daily quests are now happening on the live servers. While incidents are rather innocuous, the daily quests can actually be a huge boon and give competitive advantage. What is the stance on how long these new features take to propagate to all servers/players?

DeletedUser26120

We haven't received any word from the developers on this. So far all we know is that people will get them when they get them.

Not sure why they felt the need to do it this way but seems they didn't get enough data from testing in beta.

DeletedUser

While incidents are rather innocuous, the daily quests can actually be a huge boon and give competitive advantage.
This is a HUGE point. It cannot be emphasized enough. It's like only letting certain people in on an Event. I guess we all should have raised a stink with Incidents being rolled out only to a select few, but how could we know Inno would do it again? And this time without so much as an explanation, even to the moderators, apparently. We really need to hear from Inno what the heck is going on! And I mean ASAP! :mad:

Freshmeboy

I agree here...while I haven't received the incident mechanic yet, it is hardly a gamebreaker. If the daily quests actually contain a competitive advantage that is indeed an insult to the gaming community. If they aren't that big a deal then let us know so we don't have the endless rants that occurred during the incident rollout. It's tough to keep the lions at bay when their roar is justified...Keep us in the loop INNO...

DeletedUser26965

Yeah, uhm, you can't get SoK's from incidents, past Event buildings, Wishing Wells, etc. no wonder they kept this one on the down low:rolleyes:

plinker2

But you can get them from the daily challenges. Incidents "can" give gold, forge points, medals, and diamonds. The daily challenges give far better rewards.

Freshmeboy

If the daily challenges give out such prized rewards as SoK's and the like, there will be a furor like none we have ever witnessed on these forum pages if these are rolled out piece meal...and rightfully so. Is there actual evidence that DC's have been rolled out to a minority of the community...?

DeletedUser26965

But you can get them from the daily challenges. Incidents "can" give gold, forge points, medals, and diamonds. The daily challenges give far better rewards.
Maybe I should elaborate as I thought was clear from the context of the posts. But no, I can not. Many can not. Some can(maybe). And therein lie the problem. See, it's one thing to have Incidents be released on Live to only some players for test/data purposes, it's completely another to do so for Daily Challenges. Some people were and are upset they did not and still don't have Incidents, the reason cited was those who did get it are gaining over others who did not. Now while they can take some comfort in the fact that the rewards from Incidents are so small as to be anything meaningful the same can not be said for a limited release of Daily Challenges as the rewards are much more significant and as you say far better. It is, then, no surprise to me this limited release of Daily Challenges was not mentioned, anywhere.

DeletedUser26965

Is there actual evidence that DC's have been rolled out to a minority of the community...?
That's a good point, we should be sure of this but of course all we're left with is taking players word for it until Inno says otherwise.

DeletedUser28670

Is there actual evidence that DC's have been rolled out to a minority of the community...?
In fact there IS evidence. Check out these two links:

@Appolonia 1218 the Hard has been getting Daily Quests in Noarsil. @Stephen Longshanks went to Noarsil, checked his city, and found a Gong of Wisdom that was gotten from the DQs (Appolonia was not here for the Spring Event.)

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...t-buildings-ever-come-back.19844/#post-161418

Appolonia did the quests daily and posted them here daily w/ screenshots until the thread was closed.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...t-buildings-ever-come-back.19844/#post-161315

Appolonia 1218 the Hard said:
If you still doubt me, visit my city in Noarsil, and see Gong of Wisdom (Iron Age) right between the Theater and a School.

Stephen Longshanks replied:
I don't doubt you, but visited your city so I could corroborate your story. The Gong of Wisdom is indeed right there in her city. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28670

If the daily challenges give out such prized rewards as SoK's and the like, there will be a furor like none we have ever witnessed on these forum pages if these are rolled out piece meal
Yes, there are SoKs, Wishing Wells, and some of THE most prized buildings in the game in the "Challenger's Chest".

I didn't really care about incidents, got a few medals and the occasional FPs but Daily Quests are a whole new level altogether. I agree with freshmeboy that there will a gigantic furor if Inno continues to give select players Daily Quests, but the rest of us nothing.

DeletedUser26965

In fact there IS evidence. Check out these two links:

@Appolonia 1218 the Hard has been getting Daily Quests in Noarsil. @Stephen Longshanks went to Noarsil, checked his city, and found a Gong of Wisdom that was gotten from the DQs (Appolonia was not here for the Spring Event.)

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...t-buildings-ever-come-back.19844/#post-161418

Appolonia did the quests daily and posted them here daily w/ screenshots until the thread was closed.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...t-buildings-ever-come-back.19844/#post-161315

Appolonia 1218 the Hard said:

Stephen Longshanks replied:
Ah, thanks for the reminder, I knew I saw something but couldn't remember what it was so big text allowed CONFIRMED!

Freshmeboy

Hmmm....INNO hates me I know it for sure now...! No incidents yet and now this...the ultimate insult by allowing a major competitive advantage for a small minority of players....It's not fair not fair not fair aaaaaaaurgh!! (rant and rave) ..OK, got that off my chest. In all seriousness, this is major breach of trust here between the gaming population and INNO.....If this mechanic has been rolled out piecemeal it should have been launched to new players only for further testing...they being the only ones who wouldn't know the difference in the game structure...Bad move INNO....

DeletedUser26965

Once again, these are happening mainly in the Beta version. They may well be worth the wait.
Oh my no, we're way past Beta, Incidentes were released here on Live but only to a limited amount of players because Beta didn't have enough players to test it properly and now we have some evidence Daily Challenges have also been released to some players on Live. We were informed about Incidents but only because someone first posted about it from a comment from a mod on the German server. Apparenly they snuck in Daily Challenges on Live for some players and didn't say a thing.

Freshmeboy

It isn't a matter of waiting...that is already in progress...what is disconcerting is that after the furor on this forum over the relatively small rewards from incidents being rolled out piecemeal, INNO has done this again with a major game mechanic.....It's a violation of trust and a clear sign they weren't paying attention or that they simply don't care....If they aren't listening and they don't care, then what is the purpose of these forums..?

DeletedUser26154

Incidentes were released here on Live but only to a limited amount of players because Beta didn't have enough players

That's more common than some players realize.
I call that "Zeta Testing" because it's the last stage before it's fully installed.
New features have a life of their own, and can behave different when going world-wide.
I've seen the freaky side-effects of "This affecting that" all across the board.

you are here.png

In time, we'll get our due.

DeletedUser8420

OK, I have been getting incidents even in my city, but since some buildings MUST be placed next roads and those same buildings BLOCK seeing those same roads we now have to MOVE buildings in order to see and/or click onto the incidents. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!